Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Post time management fail   #1  
i could just shout this in the void but idk, i'd be happy to hear some advice.

ever since the lockdown, since i'm at home all day, i'm finding it difficult to establish a routine. as a result, for a few days i won't log into trisphee or watch anything entertaining, and i'll wallow mournfully in academics. once i kind of finish an assignment, i'll just chill for a couple of days and binge-watch and chat all over trisphee, go onto social media, all that kind of thing. i'm not able to really balance, because if i try to take a break between academicking to check trisphee or watch an episode of a drama, i'll feel like i'm getting distracted and won't be able to return to my homework after the break. of course this depends on how difficult i'm finding it to write the particular essay i'm working on, but in general i feel like if i take a break to dabble in something i love, i won't stop.

on the other hand, when i finish something i chill for a day or two and then i am watching dramas, reading novels, checking trisphee intermittently, all day. i can't get into the headspace where i start another piece of homework because the previous essay drained me so much. the annoying thing is, when i start my homework again a day or two later, i regret this time i spent relaxing. even though i tell myself i deserve the leisure and productivity is capitalist nonsense anyway, and nobody should have to justify spending time for themselves. i guess it's just ingrained. but it's also that academics are plain stressful.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-20-2020, 08:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I'm not currently doing it, but something I find helps when I'm feeling particularly...procrastinatory(?)...is at the start of the day (or the end of the previous day, that may be better) figure out what things I want/need to do for the day, and what distractions I'd likely find myself getting into.

Then I break the day into half hour increments, and slot everything in, intermixed a bit. Sometimes stick with something for an hour, but not always. And making sure to mix in fun/needless things with the important stuff, rather than front-loading it all.
Old Posted 04-20-2020, 11:24 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3  
that makes a lot of sense. i think my problem has been that instead of time-blocking i work-block, meaning i need to get a certain amount of work done no matter how much of the day it takes me. and that often takes me too long, yet i also believe i'm working as fast as i can.

i'm sure time-blocking will work better for me, actually, because it'll be like sprinting to get my work done. and doing my leisure stuff too, within a time limit instead of a 'how much amount of leisure stuff did i do in a day' kind of thing.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-20-2020, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<u<; I hate to be no help but, I have the same exact problem...sometimes I'm too focused on finishing one thing that should be finished a little at a time, and I power through it which takes me hours, and I forget to eat and I finally finish tired af. <x'} I honestly need a reminder fairy to chime in and tell me I need to take a break, move around, get back to work, eat something, get up, and relax. <x'D

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #5  
that meme is adorable, Mers
yes! i feel like trying to do anything properly leaves me drained completely, but while i can't hyper-focus on work, i can become immersed for hours in my hobbies. perhaps timing my activities would help.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<x} Much thank! It's a meme favorite.
:[ hmmm, for me, I find that I tend to put the PS4 controller down when I begin to want to do something else, like watch anime or some movie on Netflix...and I stop watching Netflix to take a nap, or get distracted by looking at things on my phone...it's only then I realize just how much time has gone by, and I haven't even made myself lunch yet. <x'D It's a debacle!
But what usually helps me is if I talk to myself about it. I'm my biggest critic and I scold myself more than my own family ever could, so if I'm telling myself, "one more episode and I'll get up and finish the laundry." I follow through with myself once the episode is over and teeeeaaarrr myself away saying, "NO! Nope! You said one more episode, you can watch another AFTER laundry and eat something while you're at it! You're too skinny!" <x'D Soon, I find I'm about and doing other things, and my "break" turns into "oops, I did something else" but in a better way I think?

>w>; I should NOT be trying to give advice on this, ahhhhh..but I struggle with it too. I was not productive at all today except for going online to do homework, and to go on Trisphee...oh..wait, maybe I was productive since I finished my homework, despite it being almost last minute. <x'D Hooray??

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #7  
i should do that. try and talk myself out of it when i find i'm procrastinating all my time away. it's better than thinking about how angry homework makes me xD i'm not even trying to do a good job on the homework, just a passable job.
i've actually told myself that i will not watch more than one drama episode a day, and i'm able to stay true to that. the problem is i have a ton of other things i want to do, too. i want to come on trisphee, i want to write fanfiction, i want to listen to music, i want to cosy up with a novel, or just daydream on the balcony sometimes. and i want to go on twitter and go down the rabbit hole of fandom. i don't even think i have too many hobbies, though! i'm interested in taking up more! xD

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:D I take the time sometimes out of my usual zoning out on movies, tv, youtube and video games (if I get sidetracked or jus' stop altogether), to do the other things I'd like to do. ^-^ Like art projects, writing and maybe even going in my backyard to walk around for a bit or something. :] If you can at least pull yourself away to do one of the things you wanted to actually do, I'd call it a win. ^-^ *thumbs up* Even if it's an appropriately needed nap!

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #9  
that's true! i often give up my reading time to do writing instead, i find it difficult to do both. also if i nap in the middle of the day i wake up feeling worse for some reason, so when i find myself getting sleepy, that's when i watch an episode of a drama to wake myself up a bit. :D i think the problem is there's some hobbies i want to do as regularly as possible. like log in here to post, and also my writing. but the way i manage my collegework, it's often nit possible.
homework will always exhaust me, so i should figure something out, make sure not to give up an entire day to homework. maybe, in a day dedicated to homework, i can allow myself one hobby activity, like trisphee alone, or writing alone. i won't be able to spend too much time doing just one thing so i'd get back to homework, but it'll still be a better way of doing things than i have been doing.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-21-2020, 02:03 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
down with them, revolution, screw capitalism, screw education, screw the establishment