Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Harmless
Default   #2305  
Having started my current job in covid times, I've always been a remote worker. Or rather a hybrid one, as the consensus was I'd come into the office once a week.

Can't say I was pleased with this setup as it was a 2 hours journey, and London transport is infamously expensive. The good news is that since I contracted the plague myself last April, no one badgered me to come in. The bad news is that I was forced to move in early September due to a ridiculous rent increase, and now the journey takes 3 hours, 40 minutes of which is walking.

Guess who has been told they are to appear in the office next week. RIP my weekly routine.
Old Posted 02-23-2023, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
not gonna be surprised if i end up with another eye infection due to my acne. see, i do have the antibiotics that were used to treat my acne, but that's because i haven't taken them since my memory is absolute dogshit. and i'm pretty sure they'd be unsafe to take right now because of expiration dates and such. and i'm not on the prescription anymore.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-27-2023, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2307  
Had to say goodbye to the last doggie. I don't think I can ever get used to not having one around. I grew up having several all the time. It's strange now always having a shadow follow you around.
Old Posted 03-01-2023, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
When you think you have job security, but then the library goes for a mill levy and suddenly all the trolls rear their ugly heads because they absolutely cannot forgo a few overpriced Starbucks drinks a month or (heaven forbid) not buy fast food for just a few meals so that the library can afford to be open a full 7 days of the week and be fully staffed instead of running all of us staff members absolutely ragged.
And hey, who knows what the biggest issue with the library is? That's right! It's the fact that we have the audacity to offer lgbtq+ books (in addition to literally every other "controversial" topic up to and including anti-lgbtq+ items, but those are, of course, deemed fine) and to have done ONE single story time for kids place EVER where a local drag group read books to kids.

Like, I know everything will probably fine and I shouldn't stress about it so much, but idk. I feel like I need to be prepared in case I get laid off if it doesn't go through and idk...rent is so expensive and I will absolutely have to work multiple jobs if I lose the library job. It's just really scary.
Old Posted 03-01-2023, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2309  
it's at times like these i wish these intrusive thoughts would shut up.

Old Posted 03-07-2023, 08:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
it's at times like these i wish these intrusive thoughts would shut up.
~ I know how you feel.

Unfortunately that woman that gave birth to me was like. Hey here's a job that's something you can't do. I mean like I literally can't do it.
Even hate thinking about her. It's gotten so bad I'm getting heartburn because of it. That's what they called it.

Anyone want my stuff?
Last edited by Jester; 03-08-2023 at 03:38 AM.
Old Posted 03-08-2023, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2311  
in my case, it's more towards 'what if i'm grooming these kids by being in their server as a twenty year old'. i think the youngest in that server is about fifteen.

Old Posted 03-08-2023, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
~That's understandable. Well I guess as long as you're not doing anything to cross that line.~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 03-08-2023, 03:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2313  
the very thought of ever crossing that line disgusts me viscerally.

Old Posted 03-08-2023, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
in my case, it's more towards 'what if i'm grooming these kids by being in their server as a twenty year old'. i think the youngest in that server is about fifteen.
I feel that way too seeing teens in a server lol I feel old. ;w;

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-10-2023, 07:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2315  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I feel that way too seeing teens in a server lol I feel old. ;w;
Pft, all of you folks make me feel old. </1982>
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-10-2023, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Pft, all of you folks make me feel old. </1982>
Eh, you're not that much older than me. (1988)
xD
Old Posted 03-10-2023, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2317  
It's a reason why I like coming on here since it's not full of youngins D: LOL

(Daily awful idk I woke up with a bit of a headache ;w; )

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-11-2023, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
part of me definitely understands why this concern exists, as someone that was mistreated as a teen themselves

but a larger part of me is extremely annoyed, because intergenerational friendships and sharing of knowledge is actually incredibly important not only for making sure that we don't forget lessons from our own history, but also because you need to be able to develop healthy friendships with older humans in order to understand what unhealthy ones look like.

i don't particularly love managing teens in my social circles, but i would rather they be able to speak to me as someone aware of the delicate nature of these sorts of things and no interest in crossing any lines than someone who will and will gladly take the opportunity to be some kid's first adult friend (thus proving to the kid how mature they themselves are compared to their peers and isolating them further)

kids learning how to interact with adults responsibly is part of the social safety net, actually, and they do not learn that from other kids

Old Posted 03-11-2023, 03:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2319  
iirc i was having some incredibly bad issues with lag with my laptop at one point and my mouse moving on its own. that issue has cropped up again, and it's made me incredibly paranoid. virus scans show nothing, so i might have to load up malwarebytes on there and check via malwarebytes, and, if nothing shows up, i'll start checking my hardware on that laptop.

older brother has said one of the drives may need a replacement at some point. haven't checked in a while to see the percentage of health, but that would not affect the touchpad.

personally, i think it might be moisture in the ambient air fucking with the sensors on the touchpad. i woke up and checked my phone, and the back of it seemed weirdly moist, which happens when it gets cold.

Old Posted 03-11-2023, 12:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
fainted and may have had a seizure while out - low blood sugar is a bitch =>
grumbles.

Old Posted 03-13-2023, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote