Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #33  
ugh! i wouldn't be able to hang with that xD though i can't have my blinds down, which would help cool down my room...cause of the dumb cats. i love them, but =_= so i have to deal with a LOT of sun coming through 2 big windows myself. it's not fun at all.

glad you're getting the last of the curtains up tonight though. curtains will really help block out the sun/heat ^__^

clicking the dancie fox will take you to my dA
currently questing for both furballs

"Who's a good foxy? Who's...wait, why are you growl...OH THE PAIN!"
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Unfortunately, as proven by the curtains I already had up plus the bathroom (which is an interior room so no windows) and my closet, they will only block the sun.
The apartment will still heat up like an oven because the heat will still come in through the walls.
And the windows are so old and poorly maintained that I can't even do the whole closing them in the early morning to trap the cool air inside thing.
Old Posted 07-10-2017, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #35  
>___< stupid old building....

Old Posted 07-11-2017, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Pretty much.
On the plus side, I got permission from my supervisor to borrow a power drill from work to finish installing the curtains. Because I don't have plaster screws for the walls and the windowframes are pretty solid wood so it's hard to get the screws in properly by hand.
Old Posted 07-11-2017, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #37  
nice!

where the heck do you work that you have drills laying around? xD

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I work at a contemporary art museum and education center. The tools are for the facilities (aka: maintenance) part of my supervisor's job. He also is the operations director and handles rentals.
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #39  
ahhhh! that actually sounds cool ^__^ i'd love to work in a gallery or a zoo/aquarium. some place fairly quiet and relaxing xD

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah...I thought it sounded cool at first too.
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #41  
lol? thought? you changed your mind? xD

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The boss is a passive agressive bitch who gives her boy-toy special treatment. Said boy toy can get away with just about anything. Apparently, I can never do anything right even when I do everything that I'm asked to do. And it's a 50/50 crap shoot whether the 1-2 people who actually deign to acknowledge my presence will speak to me like I'm a moron on any given day.
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 02:14 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #43  
boooo..... =/ sounds fun, but reality ALWAYS mucks it up. *sympathetic hugs*

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...it's not like my job even has the possibility of seeming glamorous anyway (custodian), but still...I thought it would be a way cooler place to work than it is.
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #45  
bwahahahhaaa....we always do. *pets* i've really only had one awesome job in the 15 years i've been working. that was around the time of my whole "let's get married for shits and giggles" phase. i was working at a christian-based homeschooling warehouse. while i'm not religious, it didn't bother me to work for a very religious place. we'd start the day off with stocking the shelves for about an hour, then when orders would come in, we'd grab an order sheet, go down the list and grab what was on the order. then set it aside for the packers to put it in a box to ship it off to wherever. it was fun and we got to listen to our own music players for the entire shift. xD of course it was temp/seasonal work, but they asked me to come back for the next season, and upped my responsibilities by letting me run the shrinkwrapper machine and box up science kits instead of "picking". always had the weekends off, worked 8 hours a day, 40 a week. on fridays, before starting, they'd gather everyone in the front office area and hold a 10-15 minute prayer session (which meh, but we got donuts afterwords xD ) but other than that, easy peasy job and i loved it. then i quit to move overseas for that stupid mistake called a now-ex husband. xD

second best job was the one before the one i have now. i was working at a thrift store. we could wear whatever shirt we wanted as long as it was green. so i bought a bunch of awesome w00t shirts to wear, and customers loved them xD and on fridays, it was casual friday. so we could wear whatever we wanted as long as it was appropriate. i always wore a dress and boots. some people i got to know would come in and see what outfit i chose LOL! it was great...then they closed it all down =/ so now i'm stuck working at a crap job again....bleh!

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Man...those both sound like fun jobs (aside from the religious aspect of thebone XD)!
The closest thing to an awesome job I've ever had was my high school job. It was at a small drug store in my home town (small town, I think my graduating class was around 30) and I think it averaged about 20 hours a week. Well, closer to 15 during the school year, but closer to 25 in the summer. It was pretty slow paced most of the time. I got to clean shelves and inventory items and set up displays. I even got to check in orders and mark all the items with our price sticker gun. Everyone there was pretty awesome and when I turned 18 (and could quit calling them up to handle beer sales) a couple of them even bought me stuff.
Other than that, I've spen an approximate total of 7 years working as a cashier in grocery stores.
And now almost 2 years of custodial, which was mainly just because I was desperate to find an actual job. Long-ish story.
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 06:52 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #47  
*nodnod*

oh, and while the work itself wasn't fun, when i lived in wv with my bestie, she got me a job at the convenience store she worked at. we got the mid-afternoon to 11pm shift and we'd listen to techno our entire shift xD we were sort of busy, but once all the cleaning and stocking was done for the day, we'd sit and wait...and draw....and dance around xD it was great! not really good money, but we made our rent and all that. ^__^

....and i don't mind long stories if you want to tell them :)

Old Posted 07-12-2017, 09:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean, it's not a super long story. But how I ended up as a custodian (instead of probably just at another grocery store) is that, almost 2 years ago the store that I was working at ended up shutting down and everyone was getting laid off. Well, about a week before that I had started helping some friends out with their diner just sort of paid in tips, not an official job
Well, when they found out about me losing my job, they made me an official employee and, though business was slow, I was making enough between my checks and tips to just barely cover my rent. Then I got a job at the museum to help pay my bills only to have my friends close their diner down just before Christmas. So now I'm stuck here. And it pays...enough to cover my rent and some of my bills. But as today has already proved...I can't seem to do anything right around here anymore.
I really would like to get a different job, but most places I would want to work at won't hire me because I don't have the experience they want.

ANYWAY...rant over/done hopefully for now. I have been far too whiny lately. XP
Old Posted 07-12-2017, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote