Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
Ophelia nodded, sitting down in her seat, it still felt so odd to the Canadian witch, soon class began and she found herself almost giggling at the Charms professor, a little man full of life, well at least this class wouldn't be boring. Ophelia had to show the class what she knew and she was surprised to learn that she was a bit ahead of the class with what she had learnt at Ilvermorny.

Class passed quickly, packing up her bag and tucking her wand back into her robe sleeve, Ophelia glanced at her list and saw she had Herbology and then Potions in the dungeons. Then there was the lunch break, her stomach was looking forward to that, English food was very filling, though she still missed her moms home cooked food...she always would.

Herbology was easier to find, she'd seen the green houses from the window on the way out of the Charms class. The green houses where a decent size, still narrow so as she lined the tables with other students it felt a bit to packed to her but it felt better then the segregated class before.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Aria smiled and had gone with her to the greenhouses, sitting with her at one of the tables. She was glad to see Ophelia was getting along decently and started to focus on her own work so she wasn't always bothering the other girl. She hoped that she had made friends with her a bit.

After Herbology, Aria packed up her things and headed back to the school. She didn't mind Potions too much. She just didn't care for the dungeons too much. She remembered hearing stories of the basilisk that use to roam around under the school. She hoped that there was nothing like that lurking around anymore though.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #19  
Potions wasnt one of her best subjects back at Ilvermorny, she knew enough to tell potions apart by a glance or by smell... because she wanted to become a healer... sometimes potions came without labels so you had to have other ways to tell them apart if you didn't make it yourself.

Ophelia was humming softly to herself as she walked, feeling a lot better then she had been that morning, brown eyes where full of life and emotion compaired to the quite and almost grumpy girl form this morning and last night at the feast. Some of her house mates asked her how here day was going.

"OK, still can't understand how you all find your way with out a map." She said rubbing the back of her deep orange head. She tugged at the hem of her skirt, feeling the fabric that was a bit thicker then she was used to.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Aria looked up, seeing Ophelia and her classmates heading back towards the school. he smiled and waved at her,"Hey Ophelia!" She called, "Wait up a moment!" She gathered her things, got to her feet, and hurried to catch up with her,"How are you doing with getting around Hogwarts?" She asked,"Have you been finding everything alright? I know it can be hard when first getting here. I got lost when I was in my first year.... wound up in the dungeons in the dark." She cringed a bit,"Took a while for the teachers to find me. Apart from for Potions, I never go anywhere near there again since then."
Old Posted 11-25-2017, 01:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #21  
Brown eyes looked at Aria and blinked. "I'm managing, sorta looking over other students shoulders to see what they have and if it's the same as me I shadow them." She said with a small shrug, her heart beat a little faster around the other witch.

"Not a big fan of heights myself... I prefer my feet on the ground. Though I can fly on a broom pretty well if I don't look down." She said with a small smile. Tucking some stray loose hair strands behind her own ear as the pair of red heads headed towards the dungeons.

The dark gloomy rooms made Ophelia see why some students didn't like it, the potions labs in her old school where in a more open concept room...and it was brighter because the potions master of her old school also grew her own ingredients.
Old Posted 11-25-2017, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Aria giggled,"I don't mind heights too much myself." She said,"So I play Quidditch when I can. I thought about trying out for the Ravenclaw team, but I decided not to since I wanna focus on my classes and having that free time to study and hang out with my friends." She thought for a few moments,"If you think you'll need it I can always draw you a map." She said, opening her bag,"Or better yet...." She pulled out a book called "Hogwarts, A History." and opened it up, showing the other witch the maps inside the book of the school,"This can help you too if you like. Feel free to take the book with you. I just got a new copy recently so this one would be an extra."
Old Posted 11-25-2017, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #23  
"Not really a sport fan...never had the coordination for it." Ophelia shrugged, her brown eyes staring at the worn book for a moment before pale fingers gently grasped the worn cover. "I- I'll return it when I can...Unless.. If you're sure..." She had to trail off as class was about to start.

By the end of the class Ophelia had managed to make a acquitted potion... not outstanding and not failed. She knew her plants and ingredients...though she looked almost green from the smell of someone failed potion that produced a sickly smelling foul bubbling end product.

As she gathered up her things, adding the book she had gotten from Aria to her own pile in her bag, she made a mental note to go to the hospital wing before lunch if her stomach didn't settle soon. Seeing as it didn't as she exited the potions lab, a few girls snickering at her as they walked off, brown eyes glared after them. The green on their robes letting her know that some of the people in the snake house were not nice.
Old Posted 12-10-2017, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote