Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Giant panda with itty bitty wings.
Default Alice and Wonderland   #1  
Almost everyone knows about Tim Burton's remake of Alice and Wonderland.
Did you see it?
What did you think of it, and why?

Personally, I was a little disappointed. Of course, that's my own fault. I had been fantasizing about how amazing the movie would be back when it was just a rumor. So when I did get around to finally seeing it, it couldn't possibly meet up to my expectations. The graphics and scenery was amazing, but the plot just didn't 'click' with me. I'll probably enjoy it more the second time around, though.
Buying Runes
Old Posted 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
It wasn't really a remake.. It was sort of a continuation. Alice is older and everyone said she had been there before. >.> I kind of enjoyed it somewhat but yea it was disappointing. Johnny Deep was the best part of the movie xD like always

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #3  
I'm sorry, but I just flat-out don't like Tim Burton's "re-imagining" stuff. I didn't like his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I didn't like his Alice in Wonderland. Both, I think, suffered from the same problems of trying to "darken" a source material that was never really dark to begin with. And that annoyed me a lot.

I suppose I'm the opposite of you, Faye. I thought it had an okay plot - the "return to mythical place as an adult when you thought it was a dream all along" thing has been done before, just not with Alice in Wonderland, so a half a credit should probably be awarded there - but the visuals really ruined it for me. Wonderland is not supposed to be "dark". The weirdly ultra-contrasted, ultra-shadowed colors just made things hard for me to see, didn't really enhance the atmosphere or anything.

Old Posted 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I thought it was alright, but eh, nothing that really blew my mind away, just like most pop culture renditions of Alice that I've seen. While his visuals were a major part of the film, it just felt to me like Burton was rehashing things he'd already done in better movies and was trying to appeal to the Hot Top tween crowd to sell T-shirts, which isn't necessarily bad, I guess, but not my cup of tea. I really didn't like many of his character designs, especially the Hatter. There was just too much going on and not in a good way. I also wish that Burton would use different actors, even though most were pretty alright in this film. I like Johnny Depp, but lately it seems the characters he plays in Burton films are just generically weird instead of weird and lovable. I didn't find the movie bad, just alright.

I wish that someday there'd be an accurate film rendition of the books, but since there isn't exactly a traditional plot (the books are mostly a series of events and a barrage of jokes and funny poetry), it would be hard to make a movie of it.
Old Posted 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Gackt's bodyguard
Default   #5  
To tell the truth most his movies are overrated. You can thank Johnny Depp someone even goes to see them for most of the time. I am pretty sure. lol

If you can read this it means you have passed the first grade, congratulations.
Old Posted 07-30-2010, 06:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Mehhhhh...
I didn't like that movie at all, actually. x.x;;
It wasn't my style... I like the old Alice in Wonderland much much more... I didn't like that continuation. It sucked.
I did really enjoy SyFy's Alice though. THAT was SUPER BADASS.

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 08-01-2010, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #7  
I disagree about alice not being dark to begin with, I always felt aspects of it could be easily adapted to be darker. I really enjoyed it, It wasn't quite as zanny as I imagined it was going to be, but I did expect it to be dark and slightly creepy, which it was, and I wasn't disappointed. I liked the story too, a little different than most adaptations taking from the 2 books not just the one...
Old Posted 08-10-2010, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I loved it. The first time i saw it i ended up watching it like 5 times in a row DX
Old Posted 08-16-2010, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
i think its not a remake its a continuation and i love it...but i dont like the ending it feels like something i missing it has a boring ending
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 03:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Squiggles
I really enjoyed the movie. Saw it in 3D, loved the graphics and acting.
I want to buy the DVD at some point.
Old Posted 09-04-2010, 01:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #11  
I watched it twice... I thought it was pretty good, though my sister didn't like it xD
Old Posted 09-14-2010, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Ink well
didnt care for the movie but i loved the white queen and the OUTFITS!!!

dreaming in monochrome

Old Posted 12-28-2010, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #13  
It reminded me of like a Chronicles of Narnia-like influence which is alright but like what Archaical said I love their outfits too Especially Alice's red dress. I finally found one on ebay/fansplusfriend where they made them XD

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 12-28-2010, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I liked it a lot, though I liked the original Alice in the Wonderland better.
Old Posted 01-02-2011, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Ink well
Default   #15  
not to mention the movie was a mash-up of both books i believe.

dreaming in monochrome

Old Posted 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote  
More More Magic
I was so disappointed after about 15 minutes I turned it off.

Old Posted 02-12-2011, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote