Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default Trail of Petals - Possible [M] new post (feedback welcome)   #1  

I made this thread ages ago but never bothered to post anything into it. Well in recent events I have been rather motivated to write.. though I think I finally gave up on my book idea seeing as I've read over the first page that I have re-written over the past 4 years and now I hate the start of the story...

Instead of the story being posted in order I decided to use this as a place to post my little skits between a few of my role play characters and just mini events from the story that I was going to write. Over all there is no real purpose aside from having a spot to keep all of my little spews of writing in one place.

In truth most of these will probably be brain spews for the role play I have with a friend of mine on another forum, but there are a few strands of other stories I have worked on over the years that I get urges to write about. They have no order and the posts will be the size of the writing I did for that session, or if it is that small I might have two or three tossed together.

Feel free to comment on any of them, I may eventually turn them into a story, but whatever you do please don't steal my work or my characters.. They have feelings too ya know. Also I know my grammar isn't perfect and I will never try for it to be when I am doing creative writing.. So don't make comments about run-on sentences or that I misspelled something.

Name list ~
Evan, Rose, Lisa, Oss, Ann, Lee, Les, Shia, Verdia, Thyrdaes, Vyri, Jholia, Kes, Ailali, Mysal, Reli, Valadol, Valaes, Paerys, Paerai, Paer, Paevol, Saestas, Vyndria, Verol, Myr, Valaes, Celaes, Eirarol, Shalaes, Modaes, Shadi, Tandri, Taesos, Vor, Shasys, Tasotar, Isadora, L'Archel, Natasha, Priscilla, Florina, Meini, Blake, Dart, Div

Last Update:
07/02/2011
07/03/2011
07/04/2011
07/09/2011
07/13/2011
08/12/2011

Last edited by Rosekitten; 12-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old Posted 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
"ah nephew!' The stranger blurted out as he had taken a few steps into the room. Right away he noticed where Ukvadyl was being held, she seemed to be ok considering how long it had taken to get this far into the gate. The only reason he even bothered to follow such a demand from the note that was left was because of that girl, he had never had so much trouble keeping one person out of trouble as he had with Ukvadyl.. since day one of their meeting and traveling together it seemed like one thing after another. He didn't have time to dwell on his thoughts though as the stranger's words caught him off guard as he sort of repeated them to himself 'nephew?' Before he was given a chance to question the stranger he found himself locked into a embrace oh this seemingly over excited demon. Struggling he tried to force himself free with no anvil as he growled out almost feeling crushed by the hug "Ugh... The hell!?" he managed to force out before he was finally free again and trying to regain the breath that had been forced out of him.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-03-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #3  
The beast descended from the sky as it's beak released a blood curdling cry. From this distance the creature seemed about the size of a young fire drake, and it seemed to be about as nasty as one. Once it touched down upon the earth it's massive wingspan followed it gracefully as they folded back against it's sides. This was a rare beast but a branch of the griffin family none the less.. they were deadly if left to themselves. The creature took a few steps forward as it's claws dug into the earth and it made a low hissing sound approaching the small village. Little was known about this creature, the name had been lost for years having thought they were extinct, the weapons of now would have no effect in the slaying.

The creature gradually moved forward it's long whip-like tail swaying side to side, being trailed by the two long tail feathers it had ever so gracefully.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Knights of Chaos writing entry Part 1

An outcast, abandoned by her own kind for being different, even her own parent disowned her once the girl’s true powers were found out. For years the young elf had hidden her true form from the clan, as a youngling she had the abilities to hide her identity. No one knew her true form, and if she had any say in it no one ever would. Out of fear she suppressed her powers and abilities though she longed to let them out, to be one with the world around her. Back then she went by a different name, an elven one … Thyrdaes. The meaning behind the word was flower in elven tongue. This name was given to her due to her hair, even as a child her hair was a luscious floral pink with highlights of green dancing throughout. As far as her can was concerned she was as normal as they come, aside from her lack of natural magic.

All was well until her tenth year of life; the forest clan she called home had a newfound threat knocking at its forestry steps. Her people had never been warriors, being a clan of hunters and gatherers. Untrusting of newcomers to the forest as they were, there was little they could do to stop the upcoming demise of their clan. Humans and a small group of dark elves quickly saw to destroying the forest and the clan’s home. The clan fled and sought out shelter elsewhere, quickly taking refuge deeper in the forest as far away from these creatures as possible.

She was different from the rest of them, she knew this. Not wanting to stand by and watch her clan and family fall she took her birth form and unleashed all of her powers into defending her clan and its new settlement. At first this was taken in stride by the elder of the clan, by only by the elder, she was slowly becoming an outcast by protecting her people. Her true form held a elven body with traces of plant and beast throughout it. She was under torment daily by the clan she fought so hard to protect, nearly draining herself of all of its life energy. Her snapping point was on a dark day, the rain poured even making its way through the treetops as it splashed upon her face, masking her tears of pain as she held her tied with the forest ready to lash at anyone uninvited near her clan’s home. The very elven female that had birthed her into the cursed form, this state of being approached her and sourly screamed out that she was not her daughter.

Everything the girl had fought for was for nothing, ungrateful beings she thought to herself as she released all of her ties with the forest around her. Still being very young and untrained in her powers the wild energy lashed out at the woman, who was suddenly engulfed in a tree that sprouted from what seemed to be nowhere. Her eyes gazed upon her work seeing the face imprinted in the trunk of the tree. Turning without taking a second glance or look back at the tree or the clan she listened hearing the last attempts at the woman now trapped in the tree trying to get air.

Upon leaving the clan she found that life alone suited her, her powers slowly became stable. No longer upsetting the forest and its inhabitants around her while she retained her form, otherwise known as a dryad to most. She did not venture too far from her clans home, waiting the day to see when the humans than their pets would attack. She was pleased to see that the day came sooner then she expected. Watching from the safety of her trees as they destroyed the remainder of the clan, taking women and children captive, she could care less about what happened to them. They abandoned her, tis seemed like a fair trade off to her, to watch their demise.

After that day she went about living her life in the forest, though it was being destroyed slowly as the humans expanded nearby towns and settlements. Years had passed from the day her clan was cleared from history. In her age now she had found usefulness for her elven form, it allowed her to get close to humans and work alongside of them, until she had her chance to strike. Having nothing to do with her clan, she blamed the humans for what she was and what happened between her and the forest clan. She sought to kill them all, though with her looks and everyday actions she managed to take advantage of the humans rather easily.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #5  
Knights of Chaos writing entry Part 2

Trust was for fools she thought as she was finishing off another small village. When they saw her true form she was no longer an elf to them, but a demon. She found a sort of sick humor in watching them run, knowing there was nowhere to hide when nature was everywhere. Her sprees went on for another few years, in human calculations she was about twenty by this time. Her mind started to work against her, she had stumbled upon a small village that she grew to like. The humans here had given her a different name from all the other places … Rose, it’s a type of flower that blooms in several different colors but the stem of this breed of flower has thorns. She found the name suiting to her as she grew closer and closer to the people of the small farming village.

Though her newfound happiness was short lived, one day upon returning from a small gathering trip in the woods for herbs she found the remains of the village in ruins and ablaze. Her eyes glazed over as she took her naturally form and hunted the ones behind this. Finding a small encampment of uniformed soldiers she lashed out without hesitation. There were baskets of crops and tied up livestock from the village. The troop stood not a chance as they were eaten alive by a rare breed of flora that is known to have a taste for blood. A young draft horse was tied to one of the now destroyed carts; unhitching it she quickly mounted the beast and started back towards the ruined village.

Making her amends with the souls of the dead she buried those she could and got plants to wrap around each wall and building as if to preserve it. A single tear fell from her eyes and slashed upon the ground as a sudden burst of flowers and lush grasses covered the area. With her being homeless once more she started to descend back into the forest, though she turned noticing the young shire was following she decided against the forest. Taking on a new leaf that day as she ventured out into the world once more, seeking a place to belong maybe a reason behind her being this way.

Traveling from place to place she found herself with a lead of a strange area, where abnormal powers and creatures seemed to gather. She had no intent of joining this group once she found it, though her curiosity had gotten the best of her in the decision to even bother traveling out this far. After scooping out the area and watching its inhabitants for a few days she debated staying. Her heart felt at ease here, her mind at peace for once in all her travels, she felt at home here more so then anywhere else she had traveled to. It took a few more weeks before she settled on her decision to stay or not, being approached many times and engaging into conversation with the strange beings of this domain.

Her choice … was to stay among these beings, allowing her to be free and show her true form. In the process of staying she took up the job of tending the over grown garden and forest near the knight’s domain, it kept her mind at ease feeling needed for something. The area slowly developed and now houses some of the planet’s most exotic and dangerous plant species. Though the garden is also home to an oversized horse that tends to speak its riders mind for her, the beast seems to also commonly attack the Knight’s leader.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
He seemed at peace for a change as he held a soft smile. He had never told anyone what dream he had. Most would have been thrilled to be the next in line to rule the kingdom, in truth he wanted no part of it. All he longed for was to have a normal life, he was always expected to do so much and to be someone he wasn't all these years. No one had ever bothered to ask him what he wanted to do with his life. Top on this list was to just go somewhere were no one would bother him, he was a outcast to all three of the energies he had within him... He just wanted somewhere peaceful where he wouldn't be questioned or judged by every action he made. They had been traveling so long he had nearly forgotten he was royalty, hell that alone was almost a blessing. Turning away from his traveling companion he seemed to take in the view of the area for a few moments, they were resting here anyways so why not enjoy it while he could. 'a place like this..' he finally said under his breath, he wasn't about to say it so she could hear. She already knew more about him then anyone else had bothered to learn.. this though could wait.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #7  
On the way back to town he realized that this was it, she had no reason to follow him. Though he was slightly confused by the fact she had mentioned that she knew about plants from the start and seemed to really have little to no knowledge on them.. considering that the one they had just dealt with nearly ate her as a snack. The thought of being alone seemed to bothering him for once, he wasn't sure why she had just been a burden if he thought about it... hell she wasn't even helpful at all aside from conversation sake and he didn't even like talking all that much.

The more he thought about it he kept trying to tell himself it was for the best, he was part demon after all and that energy could easily take over one day. He didn't want to add anymore corpses to the toll he already had on his shoulders. He acted the way he did to keep people from wanting to get close, the scars were reminders of things he had done and been through in the past. He'd probably leave town after giving the plant over to Vaden.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 03:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Sighing lightly as she swung her feet back and forth Crystal wasn't sure what she wanted to do at the present time. Across the court yard she spied on the young demon prince, out of her league for sure, she thought to herself. Directing her attention to the distant fields and rolling hills. It reminded her of home.. She continued her spacing into the distance as the gentle breeze brushed over her hair. Her left ear flicked back and forth, though she seemed lost in her thoughts she was still alert of her area.

Across the yard Dart had sheathed his blade with a sort of disappointed look on his face. These training sessions bored him to tears almost, no challenge when your opponents were scared of striking back. Nothing like it was back in the demonic realm.. He had to admit he missed it about now.

Turning he started towards the main gates of the yard, but quickly changed his mind seeing the flock of women standing there. He grew tired of the mortal realm more and more by the second. He'd have to try and wait them out seeing as it was the only known exit to this area. 'pff.. it'll be fun he says' he muttered to himself about something someone had told him when he first came to the surface realm.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #9  
the young solder charged Verdia, her hand instinctively gripping his wrists as he held her by the throat "What'd you do you flea bitten wench?!" He barked at her. The voice held a commanding tone yet with a hint of sadness due to the holders current state. The larger demon beamed his glare to his bed ridden comrade, he was waiting for the one holding the girl to just get it over with.

"leave her..." a weak voice spoke up. Gawking a little, surprised at the command from the young prince. Snarling a little as he released is prisoner "Yes my lord.." he seemed displeased by this order. Verdia leaned against the wall regaining her breath as the solider changed his attention to his ill friend. "..." the solider was silent knowing the tone he had gotten from the prince all too well.

As the bed ridden demon opened his eyes a sudden chill filled the room, though still weak his power was very much so present. "I gave no order to assault the girl..." He said nothing more after that waiting for a reply of some sort. The third demon in the room snorted and walked out of the room after giving the prince a slight bow. He didn't look towards the girl as he left.

A few moments later Verdia let out a heavy sigh still rubbing her neck a little. "Sorry for his hastiness.. he gets ahead of himself at times." the prince was referring to the one that had grabbed her by the throat. Verdia shook her head he didn't need to say sorry to her. "It's my fault your in this condition.. I'm the one who should be saying sorry." She was ashamed of herself that she hadn't been of more help to him, she was a cleric at the least she could have assisted him in some manner.

He chuckled a little listening to her blaming herself for what had happened. "I did nothing against my will, if I had the chance I'd do it again" his laugh had been reassuring to her. Once again he stopped talking an took a few heavy breaths. The poison was working it's way through his body, even being a demon this type seemed to be deadly.. He questioned his own actions by this time wondering if he had hastened his own demise. It would have come in one form or another but this wasn't what he expected it to be.

Verdia kept where she was wanting to avoid his eyes, she was breaking down into tears by this point. No one had bothered to be nice to her and he had done everything in his power to be a friend to her.. she had noticed it all too late though.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-03-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
"scardy cat" Verdia called to Dart as she started swimming backwards. He simply stood there and repeated what she had called him 'scardy-cat..' He quickly shot a glare at her, not that it phased her any as she playfully stuck her tongue out at him. Though this was quickly followed by her mocking him again "Chicken" she called out towards him as she moved her arms to imitate chicken wings above the water.

He had taken about all the insults he could stand by this point, and he knew she could go on with her list for a few hours at the least. Releasing the clasp on his shoulder armor, he quickly moved to the chest piece. She wasn't paying attention by this time as she dove under water for the moment. He took this chance and tossed his shirt to the side before slipping into the water.

Verdia resurfaced again, not noticing the pile of clothing near the tree she pouted a little before going back to swimming. She figured he had walked off by this time.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #11  
All he will say is 'why don't you kill me?' Dart sighed looking back towards the cell, the boy was dead set on not telling them a word. "Well if you stopped asking the same question over and over he might give you a different answer" Crystal had chimed in with a smile as she walked back the three of them.

"what now they send a girl in here.." the boy had quickly spit out as soon as she had walked in the door. Thinking a moment she decided against a smart remark 'kill them with kindness' she thought to herself. "No I came in out of my own free will, figured you could use a bit better company by now." She held out a cup towards him so he'd take it, it was merely water.

The boy glared at her not taking the cup "whats this poison? You trying to drug me to get me to talk" Crystal blinked drawing the cup back towards her "What? If I wanted to drug you I'd just do it.. I don't have to hide it in a drink geese" she frowned a little, he'd have to drink eventually or he'd die. She didn't understand humans so distrusting, or that's what she thought as she stood again placing the cup near him.

"well it's there when you want it" she waved her hand a little before walking out of the cell. Dart laughed a little knowing she was trying to mean well. Though he doubted the boy was thinking that anyone at this point could be bothering to be nice to him, he was a captive after all.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
"what makes you think I would willingly marry someone without meeting them first?" she screamed at the elderly looking man. She didn't seem to notice the one the man had been talking about was in the same room and she had met him before.. though only briefly. Before leaving the room she did glare at Dart, she wasn't sure why he was there nor did she care at this point.

Div blinked a few times confused, he had never seen her act like that as he walked lightly into the room. "So I take it that discussion didn't go over well?"

Storming out of the room pushing both of the doors wide open she nearly hit Div with one of them. Stopping just outside of the doorway she turned and yelled back into the room "I'd rather bite off my own tongue and choke on the blood!" That was all she had wanted to say as she turned back towards the hallway and continued her rage all the way to her room.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #13  
His senses were at their peak as he stood there. The forest was still as he took a few heavy breaths, his body over excited. He couldn't concentrate at all by this point. The demonic energy taking over his mind at the thought of bloodshed. The little bit of humanity he had held onto kept dwelling on he girls scream. He didn't let it show what his thoughts were, though a grin did slowly creep across his face. Even in his unfocused state he waited for the chance to strike, a opening.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
The road was open with a few whit clouds in the sky. The breeze was a soothing one as it danced around the two as they walked the roadway. They both seemed to enjoy the silence, the peacefulness of it all. In the distance birds could be heard singing away, there was nothing going on. He was curious how long that would last. Between the two of them they seemed to draw bad luck to them like the plague.

Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #15  
Bringing his arm up to deflect the spider's lunge. He had managed to push the girl out of the way just in time, though the spider landed a direct blow to his uncovered arm. Wincing from the bite as he grabbed the spider by the back of the head and forced it off of his arm. Another one seemed to come from no where as it grabbed onto the gauntlet he was wear, quickly he slammed his arm against a near-by wall causing the spider to release his arm.

He had to ignore the wound for now, he needed to get these things away from Ukvadyl and make sure that he didn't get bitten again. The one was bad enough as it was. Grabbing a rusted weapon that was near-by he readied himself so he could better defend the girl.
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
He cared little about what happened to most, family or not. His rough childhood had made him rather cold hearted towards anyone. But this girl, she had needed him it had made him reconsider not caring even if it was just for a little while. Quickly he shoved such thoughts out of his head as he walked past the girl and towards the elder elf. "Next time a warning that someone is being guarded by a flesh eating plant huh?" He was use to Vaden forgetting such details, he thought the old man got a kick off of it really. Remembering that the girl was still there he decided to bring this little party to a end as soon as possible before he got thinking on it too much again. "Well that's it, you can go back to whatever you were doing and I can go back to doing nothing." He laughed slightly as he started to walk away from Vaden and Ukvadyl. Pausing a second before he continued walking away, he needed to stop letting his mind get distracted. Sure he could ask if she'd stick around, company was a nice change, but he also didn't want to doom her to whatever aura of bad luck that seemed to follow him everywhere.
He quickly forced himself to get rid of his idea of company as he turned onto one of the side streets. It was one of the pathways that passed by the metal shops in the town, or at least the ones that remained.
Last edited by Rosekitten; 07-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old Posted 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote