Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #33  
Volke was pacing at first, he was too caught up in his thoughts to notice that Melissa had moved. No that didn't come to light till the door suddenly slammed and he noticed that she wasn't in the cave still. Well that was odd, even for her. He had almost become use to her chattering all the time or making some smart ass reply to everything under the sun that for her to just up and leave seemed out of character. He had a thought to just let her run off but something told him that if he did then it might be the last time he saw her. Then he'd never get a answer as to why she darted off without a word.

Luckily she had dropped the cloaking spell she had up or she might have gotten to where she planned to go. At first he thought she was going to stop and talk to him, that thought quickly died as he noticed the tears already steaming on her face. Let alone the second he started to say something to her was when she moved and broke into a full fledged run. Where in the world... why was she running towards the city? That was like the last place that either of them needed to head towards at the moment.

Not that she got far, he didn't think twice on using a ability against her so he could catch up. It seemed the skill too effect as she stopped moving and seemed confused at first as to why she had stopped moving till she looked to see the arrow. Templars didn't have ranged attacks but he had perfected these little tricks. They came in handy from time to time. Even when he didn't really want to use a ability on her without good reason to at the moment.

Right away she started spouting off that she hated him and didn't want to be around him. Volke couldn't help the look he gave her before he walked closer. Yeah right, after last night he knew that was a lie. Something had happened somewhere between last night and now to bring this on. "Tsk, of all the damned times to try and lie to me you pick now? Even a fool could tell you are lying through your teeth." He said half crossing his arms and giving her a bit of a impenitent glare.

As he seemed to get no answer from Melissa he grew tired of waiting. No instead he spoke up asking her what she was thinking about or what had changed. Last night they got along well enough even if he did wake up every so often just to make sure he didn't have a dagger in his back or something. Waiting as she finally decided to open her mouth as she spoke. Though hardly a answer he was expecting.

He half looked at her like how did she come to that thought even. "When I- No I wasn't talking about you." He breathed out half stepping back before running a hand through his hair hastily. "whatever happened 'was hardly your fault. It's been coming. I .. this morning I was talking about how stupid it was to run from the templars and the guards." He seemed calm about this thought at first till he went on. "They aren't going to hesitate to put out some bounty on a rogue templar. Chantry and their secrets.. they don't like them being out of their sight." With that he moved back a little to take a few steps. Probably by now the skill he had used on her wore off.

"It was stupid... damned stupid. Well known fact the the templars control the lyrium trade. Getting enough to not suffer through withdraws requires a pretty hefty amount of gold." He seemed to laugh a little at this thought before he stopped walking a little. "Odds are I'll go mad in a few months time and even then thats if I'm lucky." He shook his head at that. He was hardly as calm as he was acting to be. That was probably easy to tell by how he seemed to fidget and pace.

Moving back to where she was still standing he placed a hand on her head before ruffling her hair a little. "You make for a poor lire you know that? Of all the things you could say and you say you want to go to the circle.. they'd kill you on sight in Kirkwall."
Old Posted 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Melissa was disappointed in herself, usually she could pull off a sly and persuasive lie, Hell she was known about for it by the Templars who hunted her, She was really talented in the arts of coercion. It made her mad at herself when Volke picked up on her lie so quickly.

After explaining her self, Volke explained on how he was just disappointed that he had quit the Templars because he would now be hunted, Though it was a bad situation for Volke, Melissa couldn't help but to smile in joy, Only because she now knew that he had not regretted meeting her.. Even though Volke didn't want to admit it, She could easily read between the lines.

But, Her happiness soon went to sorrow as the man began to explain the withdraws that Templars had to suffer, She had heard of them before, Hell, She was the cause of some Templars being sent off to cell's from madness of Lyrium withdraw. She thought for a moment, even with the mage systems around the area's of Kirkwall, it was extremely rare to find lyrium unless you ran into mages from the circle..

"Well, It looks like you are in a predicament without lyrium, But, I could always help you find some when I can, Being who I am and neutral, I can find lyrium, Though, I am sure you will have to suffer from withdraw at times, It will help..." She sighed and looked at her feet kicked dirt around blushing slightly with the thoughts running through her head.

"That being said I would like to make a proposition for you Volke, I am an expert at running for the Templar, I know the woods around here, You know how the Templar think, How they act, Their strengths their down falls. We are both extremely skillful, Together we could survive longer than separated... So, How about we become a team? Like the Warden and the king once did? Or, like That Hawke person that has been making their name around Kirkwall!"

She looked up to the man, His eyes solely staring at her, She couldn't tell what he was thinking, but she knew he was giving it thought and consideration, Before too long the man let out a 'I can't believe I am doing this scowl' followed by some heartfelt meaningful words and held out his hand, as if offering it in agreement to the proposal.

Melissa face brightened quickly as she slowly reached her trembling hand to his, Gripping it tightly in her hand and shaking it in a down position then letting go.
The women smiled and began to speak, The current events distracted them both, and she didn't notice what happened until it was too late... "I am glad that we can agree on somethi--- AGGHH!!!"

The women screamed in blood curdling pain as a what seemed like a hand phased through her chest glowing Lyrium blue, As the hand was removed she fell to her knees revealing behind her a white haired elf, With lyrium scars and a huge two handed sword hanging from his back. Melissa turned the Elf was starring at Volke with a disapproving look, As if he knew him or something but why?

Not, long after she asked her self this the elven man spoke up
. "I didn't believe it when I heard it from Meredith, My Templar friend Volke the one whom I used to drink with, Committing treason to the chantry and joining the likes of a Disgusting, Pathetic mage such as this.. But, I see my beliefs were mistaken.. How could you?" The man placed his right hand on the hilt of his sword, withdrawing it from where it rested carefully placing his left hand below his right as he brought it infront of him.

"You have only seconds to explain what is going on before I decide to cut you and this mage down where you stand, But do not worry, I won't allow you to suffer Volke, Out of respect.. The mage on the other hand will die slowly.." Melissa whimpered in pain as she stood to her feet, The new elf looking at her with surprise as if expecting her to not have the capabilities of movement, She looked back to Volke as he spouted something towards the other elf under his breathe.. Did he something about her?...

Without a moments notice, The women cast a mind blast spell sending the white haired elf to his back, She pulled from her thigh a stray knife and placed it against his neck but not before delivering a few punches to the pretty face of his... "You, Listen here, I don't care if you know Volke, I don't even care if you are friends, But I will not be underestimated by a fool like you, Explain to me know why I shouldn't kill yo-"

Melissa could not finish her statement before she was quickly pulled off by Volke, with his disapproval and a few choice words she was encouraged to let Volke deal with it. With a off handed scoff and a nod she walked a few steps behind her ex-Templar friend and watched from afar.
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 04:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #35  
What was this? He gave her the strangest look as she seemed to offer to help him. Why would she... sure he spared her life, even saved it from the demon but why bother to help him? It was a losing battle and she had to know that. Even he knew that, you could only get so much lyrium on the streets even with knowing the right people. Not only that but if he did manage to keep the withdraws at bay the madness would still take over sooner or later...

What was that? Was she.. blushing? That was odd, why would she be? She was blabbing on about how they could team up like the warden and the king did or like that Hawke person that was making a name for themselves around Kirkwall. He seemed to watch her like he was trying to see if she was toying with him or something. She gave him no reason to think this but he was hardly use to anyone going out of their way to offer him help. No if anything they normally lead him astray sooner or later or when things started to become troublesome he would be on his own again.

She was... different. She actually so far had kept her word on everything. Not once had she offered to betray him even though she had been given a ton of chances to do so. After a few moments of deep thought he finally seemed to agree but not before putting forth a displeased look, probably the templar training kicking in as he muttered he couldn't believe he was doing this. "Fine.." He finally said aloud as he held his hand out towards her though his ears went back a little as he was annoyed he agreed to this. "Consider yourself lucky that I have no other options at the moment." Heartfelt words, well for him they might be as close to a thank you as she was getting at the moment.

Though the joy of this new partnership came to a sudden end as a strike he had seen before happened and right away his hand went to his blade that hung at his side. Though he paused knowing who was behind the mage as she fell. Fenris. The other elf saying how he expected this of others but not of Volke. Yes it was true the two had spent a lot of time together over the years. Trading off stories and over all just trying to escape their pasts. Though this was not how he wanted to meet the other. Apparently word of his desertion of the templars was around already.

Fenris spoke again saying he had a few seconds to explain himself though the weapon was already drawn as Volke seemed to follow this action with his own blade. "You don't want to do this. You of all people should know how the Shem twist things." He warned Fenris. He wasn't lying, the charges against him were false and there was nothing he could do to bring the dead back, let alone at the time there was little he could have done alone either. In fact if it weren't for Melissa he'd be dead along with them.

Though that was all he got out before Melissa seemed to regain enough of her strength to use a spell that forced Fenris to the ground on his back. Not a seconds notice and she was already at the other male. Blade against the others neck as she punched his face a few times before threatening the fallen elf further. Though she didn't get to finish that threat as Volke removed her from Fenris. She asked him what he had stopped her as he shook his head.

"Making more enemies is not going to help us." He warned her before Fenris sat up and seemed to try to regain his own composure. "As I was 'aying." That accent seemed to kick back in a little again with everything going on. "The charges against my name are false. You know this. If anyone were to understand why I fled it would be you." Fenris seemed to still be in shock over the fact a mage bested him like that or he might say something.

"What do the reports say? I killed four other templar? You know that isn't what happened, not with the dark spawn that have been thick in the area as of the past few days." Putting his sword back at his side he breathed out a little. "If I had stayed with the templars, the Shem. I'd be the next one hanging from the gallows for playing as their loyal pet." Words that he knew would ruffle a few feathers with Fenris but prove a point. It was often enough that Fenris brought up that Volke was just a slave no matter what he called his work for the templars. Even if Fenris agreed with what the chantry and templars did he couldn't say that the way they treated a non human was right either.

"Think ill if you must, next time I won't stop her and I won't give you a warning. I would rather fight everyday then roll over and die because I was told to do so." He waited to see what reaction he'd get, he half expected Fenris to still be against them. He didn't want to have to kill him but if it came to it then he would.
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 04:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Fenris sat up, His head was pounding, What the hell just happened to him? As his vision became more clear, the side effects of the several punches to the face wearing off, he could see the wage women standing behind Volke, It was obvious the Volke had saved his skin..Again...

He stood up leaving his sword laying on the ground next to his feet, It wasn't like he couldn't uses his 'Talents' To help him out enough to get to his sword anyways. The man scoffed over to the Female mage who was now hiding behind his elven friend. Listening to Volke closely as he told his story.

Mean while, Melissa gave the elf a pissy face and stuck her tongue out at the man. "Your lucky, I would just love to take those ears of yours and cut them off, They would make a great pendant.." The women crossed her arms seeing the man stand up, Fenris' ears folded back as he just came to the thought of them becoming a pendant. This women was obviously one to not be overlooked..

"Meredith told me, That the you had killed several Templar by your own hand, and let a mage free for coin, Now, as I said before, I couldn't believe it when I heard it, But seeing as you are in the company of a mage I am sure you can see why I have my doubts.." It wasn't long at all before the mage stepped up right next to Volke giggling like a school girl with her hand raised..

"Well, You see, The Templars deaths were my fault, Volke here was just doing his job and I wounded his... Companions?" She said looking to Volke with a questioning glance, He shrugged and shook his head in disagreement saying something about how he was only on their team, and didn't consider them companions, at least that is what Mel got out of it. "Anyways, I roughed the weaklings up a bit and then when the darkspawn came they were more worried and scared of me than the darkspawn." she giggled a bit more getting an eye roll from Volke's direction. Hell she knew that wasn't the case but she liked to imagine it was.

"Long story short, I turned into a huge snarling dragon and ate all the darkspawn by myself, and carried Volke off to the cave" Yep, there she went twisting the truth again, Fenris smiled knowing for a fact it was a lie, but, he was used to it from a certain crossbow obsessed dwarf.. Melissa's story continued. "Inside the cave, I told Volke that If I helped him back to the City he would have to let me free or there was no deal, I mean He did owe me his life."

Fenris looked over at Volke as he scoffed, Yep, She was definitely lying to get a reaction like that, but by the way Volke motion he could tell that the Debt he owed her was somewhat legit. The man picked up his sword and placed it on the holsters along his back. "
You know, If it wasn't for the recent events I have gone through, I wouldn't trust a mage for a second, But, due to this situation, I believe you.."

Melissa's eye brighten as she giggled and ran up to the other and gave him a hug, The man Awkwardly accepting it by patting her on the back, Ya, She recognized this feeling before, And she was sure Volke was giving Fenris the 'Yep, She's a hugger' look, Not that she cared. It wasn't long before the broody elf pushed her back with a scoff.. "Don't touch me mage, I said I was willing to believe you not join your little tea parties.."

Melissa smirked a smirk that Volke all to well, The one she gave before dealing out a mean or hurtful comeback line. "Your silly, Pointy ears, We don't have tea parties, No, We cook up little elf children and eat them? Isn't that what people like you say about us?" Fenris took every bit of patience he had to keep him self from lunging forward at the girl with a fit of rage.

Volke soon stepped again in front of Melissa and looked to Fenris as to letting him known attacking would not be allowed under any circumstances, and of course Mel was doing nothing but laughing and antagonizing the Poor Broody elf.. Fenris soon came to composure and looked to Volke, Not even bothering to give Melissa a glance. "
It comes to attention, that you have saved my life today, and in return, I will return to Meredith and inform her of your death, But you know the Templar better than I that won't sit well with a shem and they would soon send someone else to make sure the job is done, So, I will lead you to the next city before I return and offer you my sword until then."

Volke seemed to nod in agreement, But Melissa didn't like this one bit. Letting someone like him follow them was a bad idea, though.. He was a lot like Volke, Maybe he would warm up to her like he did at least to the point to where He wouldn't want to kill her anymore, Melissa simply smiled after the conflicting thoughts and nodded. "It will be good to have some help.."

""

Old Posted 07-06-2013, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #37  
Volke had to give Melissa a bit of a odd look at the mentioning of cutting ears off and such. Even if the threat wasn't at him he still could imagine the pain that would come form it. One thing he did hate at times. Elven ears were sensitive to not only sound but touch as well. He remembered one time that he even nicked his ear doing something and that was enough to remind him to take better care. No he'd pass on getting on her bad side for that sake alone.

Standing there he crossed his arms listening to Fenris explain what he had been told. That Volke had killed the templars and let a mage go for money. Hardly the case, he owed the mage his life so he was offering a bit of help with the plans to part ways. Of course things did not go well now did they? Never the less he wasn't too surprised on the story, it wasn't too hard to believe. Heck they could have added in that maybe he had lost it and elven were weaker against the effects of lyrium then humans. Though it seems they didn't take the story that far.

Though before Volke could stand up further to say what really happened Melissa took that part over. Of course making up a bit of a grander tale then what actually happened but still. Volke had met one of Fenris' companions, that dwarf and Melissa would get along dandy. Not that Fenris didn't seem to catch onto this tall tale with that hint of a smile he gave. Though it was more or less what happened. What luck they had was Fenris seemed to believe the story. Most of it anyway.

Volke nodded a little as the other seemed to mention certain situations he had been involved in recently. It was with someone that Melissa had mentioned earlier. Not tat Volke personally knew the Hawke character but Fenris mentioned they a few times as well as a few other party members. Though the calm moment stopped as Melissa rushed to Fenris and hugged him. Volke almost laughing but he held it back as he knew that was coming. It was no wonder why the two were drinking buddies to say the least.

Though this also stopped as a few more words were exchanged and Volke decided it was better to step between the two as a sort of warning. Fenris was a good fighter but Volke was hardly a push over himself. After shooting a glance at Melissa to get her to stop for a moment was when the other spoke again. Saying that he would pass the word that Volke was dead. The words that followed Volke nodded at. "Yes I know. They'll not be happy till they have a body to go along with the claim. It'll give us a bit of a head start on them though." That was better then nothing to be honest.

Though there was more to this, a deal that Fenris would offer them aid till they got to the next town. Well that would really give them a head start. A well needed one. Volke agreed to this but Melissa seemed uneasy about the idea of another traveling with them. Even if Fenris seemed a bit hot tempered compared to Volke he still could be trusted to keep his word. Thats all they could ask for at the moment and any help was better then none. Plus a band of three was less likely to be bothered along the roads then a pair traveling.

The whole trip Melissa tried to get a rise from Fenris. Once the other asking how Volke dealt with it. He shrugged saying you learned to ignore her. This seemed to make Melissa huff hearing that. Though she knew Volke didn't ignore her. Then again she didn't commonly try to get under his skin either. The only reason she seemed to be bothering Fenris was because Volke was staying between the two of them. "Oh .. by the way."

Volke started to change the topic as they kept walking. "How is Hawke? Last you spoke about him things were pretty heated between the group. I don't remember any reports before .. well I went into a somewhat early retirement." The guard and templars both tried to keep tabs on the person stirring up things in Kirkwall.
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Soon enough, It was time to get going, The chatting between the two elves had ceased for the moment and Melissa followed close behind, And close was putting it nicely, What in the world was she doing?

Melissa stepped closer and closer to the newly befriended elf, his eyes focused on the road, She brought up her arm behind the elf, Her hand hovering close to the touch of skin as she gently brought her hand behind Fenris's ear. It didn't take long for him to realize that the mage was a little to close and quickly enough he snapped his head back glaring at the women.

With a small squeak the women quickly jerked her arm back and looked at Fenris with a sly face with an expression clear enough to speak for its on as if its saying. "What? I didn't do anything?" But, It was her luck, Volke had yet to notice anything, This was the perfect time to strike..

It was a deep dark secret of Melissa's, She had not really told anyone, But the one thing she admired by anyone, Or anything in life, Were the ears of an elf. She thought they were the cutest things in the world, and having 2 sets of ears around just made her spine shiver in excitement. She wanted to compare them, See which ones where longer, Too see who had the thinnest ears.. Hell, She just wanted to touch them...

Soon enough the women took several sly silent side steps, Her sneaky Cheshire smiled would have been noticeable for miles, If anyone was paying attention to her of course, not that she cared, She was trying to grab at their ears, The attention would make it nearly impossible...

Melissa began the same steps she had tried with Fenris, Pulling her arm up to grab at his ear and hovering close to the skin, But to her avail she didn't get near as close before Volke, without even turning her head broke the silence with a "Don't even try it".. Damn, She was caught, Now what was she going to do?

With a scoff and a pout Melissa stopped letting the others get a few paces ahead, She was rather bored, More bored than she would have like to be in their situation. Her ideas of being on a team with another person, Was that of being social and talkative... It was then, Melissa had came to a wonderful thought, She was in the company, Of not only another elf, But another short tempered elf... Oh, This was going to be fun...

Melissa thinking extremely smart like, ran to the side of Volke that was opposite of Fenris. The smile she was known for, Oh that smile, The smile of her concocting ideas, Or smart offs... Volke had seen this smile much before.. "So, Mister magic hand, Where did you learn that trick?" No answer came from the elf, She clearly had to up her game... "Not talking huh? Such a shame, I am Soooo, Disappointed that I don't get to hear that awful Broody voice.."

Fenris scowled and looked over to the women, Yep, That got to his goat, Though he seemed to get angry by hearing the word broody... Oh, She was going to keep that in mind.
"You know, The last man to call me that got punched, and I liked him, Keep that filth mouth shut before I shut it for you." Fenris soon after looked forward hoping that the mages mouth had stopped, Oh, He was so Wrong...

"Oh, Because trying to kill me earlier went SOO successful, You think shutting me up will get a different result? Oh, Please let me know when you are out of the Fade and have stopped dreaming.." The lyrium veins on Fenris' neck tensed up and started to mildly glow blue, To distract his mind from rage he looked to Volke and asked
"How, On earth have you dealt with such a pest for so long?"

Melissa scoffed, when Volke had told Fenris that he had gotten used to it, This was no good, It was apparent that she needed to try harder, But, That was for later now.. Fenris was her target, Though the man seemed to calm when he was informed by Volke and completely ignore her.. Great.. "Thanks a lot Volke..." She mumbled under her breathe as the men began to chat with one another..

It was then the name Hawke was brought up.. Wait? Did, This man know Hawke? Melissa's curiosity got the best of her and soon she charged to the middle of the two leaning close to Fenris her eyes glowing like a kid in a candy shop. "You know Hawke!?!?" With that her mouth became overrun with questions..

"Is Hawke a girl? I heard Hawke has an apostate sister is that true? OH! I also heard that Hawke supports mages, Is that true as well?! Does she really know a Dalish mage?" Fenris scowled once more, He seemed to like to do that.
"What do I look like women? Hawke's personal record keeper? If you want to hear tales of Hawke visit Lowtown's Hanged man and find a man named Varic, I am sure he would be more than happy to share a tale with a woman.. Let alone a women mage.."

Melissa slowly made her way back to Volke's opposite side, Pouting and grumbling to her self, Loud enough for the others to hear. "Stupid broody sodding elf, He needs to chill the hell out before someone teaches him a damn lesson." Volke seemed to look over and give her a strange look as she cussed and grumble a bit more.

Melissa really liked the rumors she heard about Hawke, Hell, She wanted to be like Hawke, Protecting the home she loved and making a name of her self for people to respect.. Ya, Like that would ever happen.. It was a dream of her though, It was a dream she could cling onto something to give her purpose...

""

Old Posted 07-08-2013, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote