Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default Phantom of the Kill   #1  
So, this just launched today on global servers, and I am absolutely giddy to be playing it. Easily the best mobile RPG I have ever seen. I was excited for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, but this game just completely eclipsed it for me before it's even out.

It's basically what you would get if you combined Fire Emblem with some of the best, and fairest, FTP gameplay styles. It has absolutely beautiful character art and fully voiced anime cutscenes, on top of what's shaping up to be a really interesting and well told story, especially for this knid of game.

Basically, if you're a fan SRPGs or mobile RPGs at all, you absolutely owe it to yourself to give this game a shot. It has been an utter joy so far, I can't recommend it enough.

If anyone else plays or ends up getting it, you can friend me with 431585515, name is Sheol on there.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-22-2016, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've had FF Brave Exvius on my phone for months. >.> I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet because Rise of Mana had priority over it... but now that the rug has gotten pulled out from under that one, Exvius is the next on my list. (I also played Kingdom Hearts Chi literally three years ago.)

This one... I may check it out. I've been looking for a good mobile RPG. While turn-based strategy isn't my favorite variation of the genre, it may satisfy.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-22-2016, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
-snort-

Suze got me hooked on this game.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-26-2016, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
IT'S SO GOOD EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY IT AND BE MY FRIEND OMG

But no, in all seriousness, it's legitimately difficult and slow to progress. It isn't like the typical ftp where the story quests are a joke, they ramp up insanely and start throwing both very powerful high-level enemies at you, and put you in decidedly disadvantageous positions, with you being outnumbered as bad as 10-1 in some of the later stages, counting enemy reinforcements.

It has autobattle, but punishes it by breaking your gear if your characters get KO'd, so it really encourages you to sit there and play it unless you're grinding easy content.

The summoning rates seem pretty harsh, you can get a lot of fodder-summon trash evolved to higher tiers from the premium gate, which is pretty painful, but that might just be me being dumb and not waiting for a proper rate-up.

Great game, though. Recommendation stands. :P
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-27-2016, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
Rise of Mana had autobattle in an action-RPG. THAT was interesting. You push the button and the character would run through the area towards the mission goal and enter combat with anything that gets in its way, including using special abilities.

I miss that game. I really hope Square finds a way to republish it as a singleplayer game.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-27-2016, 11:40 AM Reply With Quote