Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #3793  
So, I'm doing a film project. First of all, if I had known it was going to be THIS hard I never EVER would have done it.

Now that that's out of the way,
I have posted some online postings for auditions for characters that I haven't casted yet. I cast one girl for a character and immediately she was like, "I think this should be changed" and "Maybe you should do XYZ" and it was frustrating because she almost made it seem like I don't know what I'm doing and I *do*, I know it's a shocker, but I'm actually working with a whole team of creatives to get this project off the ground.

So naturally, I had to put the film on hold for COVID reasons and I told the cast to reply to me to let me know that they received my email and she never replied... So I was like, "You know what? If she's not even going to take the short time to reply to my email, maybe she's not worth dealing with for this project." So since she never replied, I decided to recast.

So I posted another breakdown for this character and out of the blue, this girl I once cast decided to email me like, "Oh hey. I noticed the new breakdown, have I been dropped from the project?" And it's frustrating because I gave her chances to reply to my email(s) and she also was very annoying and bold to try to change the project that isn't HERS to begin with, so I'm kinda done with her anyway... In my honest opinion, if she was serious about being in the role, she should have asked me first about when the production would start up again and she should have replied to my email. She was the only one of the people in my cast who never replied. So it's frustrating that that happened.

I'm a little annoyed, I guess. My job is already hard enough as it is, I have to find locations, find food for the cast and crew, I have to set up shoot dates, I have to browse through hundreds of auditions to find the right choice for each character... it's a LOT to do. Especially for me since this isn't what I do for a living. This is just a project I am working on for my own portfolio. I really don't need the extra stress right now...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 01-12-2021, 11:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Phew. I'd say recasting was a good call. Last thing you need on top of all that other work is a drama queen diva.
Hope everything goes well with the project!

Ah today is a weird day. On the one hand, I want to get some cleaning/housework/living room rearranging done, but on the other hand, I just wanna sit and play animal crossing all day with Derpy and the cats (want to attempt to get the Cast Master achievement for catching 100 fish without missing any by using bait to lure the fish) but then again, I also want to craft!

Update: was gonna do fishing in AC, but apparently there's a meteor shower on my island tonight, so Derpy's wishing on all the shooting stars instead...lol
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-14-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Old Posted 01-14-2021, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3795  
I scored some good fabric yesterday, I'm excited to use it! ^^

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-14-2021, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Did a terrifying, potentially stupid, but maybe also good (?) thing today when I told a homeless person it would be fine for them to use the public restroom at the museum to wash up a little.
Idk. Like, I don't want them coming here all the time to do that, but I didn't know how to say no and, because I'm here basically alone for my desk shifts, it could have been dangerous either way because if he had a weapon and/or been on drugs or have severe mental health issues, he could have tried something whether I said yes or no, so idk.
Like I'm shaking a bit, but he seemed genuinely nice and grateful so hopefully it was just a one-time thing.
I also said we closed 30 minutes earlier than we actually do so I had plenty of time to get him out or call for help if I needed to.
But he said thanks, and left pretty quickly when I was getting ready to fake lock up, so it didn't end badly at least.
Old Posted 01-16-2021, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3797  
Watching the neighbors' chickens. There are plants in their pen that they can eat from. Sometimes the food it produces is too high. So every once in a while I catch this group of chickens hopping up to reach the higher parts.

...it's the little things.
Old Posted 01-17-2021, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Aww, chickens. <3

Kinda anxious about the new trademarks for Final Fantasy 7 that were made: Ever Crisis and First Soldier. I'm excited to learn more about these and really hope neither of them is a mobile game. I'm hoping someone's prediction of Ever Crisis being an expansion of the Remake part 1 is right but we will see!

Old Posted 01-17-2021, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3799  
*big sigh*
I suspect, based on the text he just sent and the fact that the last time we talked was Christmas, that my dad has gone behind my back and called my job(s) to ask about my schedule.
If that's truly the case and it's not a "whoops sent the text to the wrong person" situation, I'm going to be very mad and I have some choice things to say to him about it...
Especially since, not only do I not live at home, but he also doesn't live in the same town as me so my schedule is none of his damn business. And I will not be making time for him until he starts treating me like an adult.
Old Posted 01-18-2021, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
My cat has kitty AIDS :< well, not full blown aids, but yeah.
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-19-2021, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3801  
we had a kitty who was FIV+, we lost him almost a year ago (March 1, 2020)... he was almost 18.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-19-2021, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Oh no. ;-;

I have two kitties with hyperthyroidism.

Old Posted 01-20-2021, 06:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3803  
i think all our kitties are healthy, as far as we know... and we have a few (7) kitties! XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-20-2021, 11:54 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Yeah they said he has at least another decade in him (he is 6), but still, sucks. He currently has an upper respiratory infection that we're having to manage closely given his recent diagnosis
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-20-2021, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3805  
Lol. One of my coworkers and I deterred a shoplifter tonight after we got off work by standing by the door and chatting with the cashier and each other and acting like we were waiting for our ride(s). He got increasingly agitated while he paced the aisles looking for a quick escape then put his stuff on the cutting counter, complaining about poor customer service (which was a lie because he was getting better cs than he deserved in my opinion) and also making excuses about how "I'm just trying to pick up fabric for my sick mother" and "I've been over at the bar next door and have had too many drinks, sorry" and walked out (probably) empty handed.
I mean, he's a regular shoplifter, so odds are good he'll probably be back in later tonight or tomorrow, but at least we stopped him once.
Old Posted 01-22-2021, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Master of Shadows
That's crazy and atleast u stopped him
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Last edited by Foday; 01-22-2021 at 11:16 PM.
Old Posted 01-22-2021, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3807  
Well, we stopped him this time. Apparently he comes in pretty frequently in the evenings and has gotten away with multiple sewing machines, bolts of fabric, etc before so...stopping him one time doesn't do much. Especially since he's just one of dozens of regular shoplifters we get. Most don't go for anything too big and just stuff their purses with jewelry supplies, art pens, and cricut accessories, but big items aren't an uncommon theft.
It's why we don't keep sewing or cricut machines on the shelf anymore. But even that doesn't stop them. A month or so ago, we had a woman go back into the employee only back room, take a sewing machine, and walk out.
Old Posted 01-22-2021, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
erm, Kaderin.... i have a question.
how does one steal a bolt of fabric??

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-22-2021, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote