Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default underrated pokemon   #1  
what little monsters deserve more attention in your opinion?
Old Posted 08-05-2019, 05:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
one for me is reuniclus, good stats but not very well known or talked about
+absolutely adorable

Old Posted 08-05-2019, 05:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Reuniclus was great when he was released, yeah. I think the main reason he didn't stick around as being noteworthy (aside from not being catchable in G6 or G7) is because there are a ton of good Psychic-types out there and Reuniclus doesn't have anything special to make it stand out.

Taken from a different perspective, there are a few Pokemon that I really WANT to like that just aren't good enough.

I've always loved Flareon, but he was just AWFUL until Gen 4 due to being a physical fire type. Gen 4 introduced physical fire moves, but at the same time introduced Infernape that is just better in every possible way.

Or there's Exploud. Fun design, unique moves... but he's just not strong enough to actually do anything with. A waste of a perfectly good idea.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-05-2019, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
This queen. Right here.

Needs more love because she takes care of her babies and makes sure they eat well.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-05-2019, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Reuniclus was great when he was released, yeah. I think the main reason he didn't stick around as being noteworthy (aside from not being catchable in G6 or G7) is because there are a ton of good Psychic-types out there and Reuniclus doesn't have anything special to make it stand out.

Taken from a different perspective, there are a few Pokemon that I really WANT to like that just aren't good enough.

I've always loved Flareon, but he was just AWFUL until Gen 4 due to being a physical fire type. Gen 4 introduced physical fire moves, but at the same time introduced Infernape that is just better in every possible way.

Or there's Exploud. Fun design, unique moves... but he's just not strong enough to actually do anything with. A waste of a perfectly good idea.
true true, I like their appearance most of all (named mine 149 after bonnie from lilo and stitch) + super high sp attack n sp defense

there are a lot of pokemon I loved but don't bother using bc of a really ugly evolution lmao, like darumaka, he was really cute and a promising fire-type but darmanitan is eye searingly ugly

I wish the zen-mode appearance was his evolution instead of going ape

I was never really into exploud or flareon but I guess one that's kind of disappointing is mightyena

I think they definitely need another evolution... then there's dunsparce who everyone forgets about, another one that I think needs an evolution

I play roms/romhacks (on pokemon dark rising kaizo rn)
Old Posted 08-05-2019, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Dunsparce is where it is intentionally. It won't be receiving an evolution because it's MEANT to be a silly design with an annoying ability set that isn't supposed to be useful.

Farfetch'd is in a similar position: It's INTENTIONALLY built to tease you into thinking it's worth something, but it isn't. It's a pun in Japanese.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-06-2019, 09:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
ppl have made fan evolutions for dunsparce that look badass, I think there's potential there lol especially since it seems based off of tsuchinoko

it is just really dumb as it is... pretty much just exists to make getting the national dex harder, yet some ppl still love it; larvesta is absolutely trash before it becomes volcarona at like almost lvl 60 n I think it would have been cool if they took a similar approach w dunsparce
Old Posted 08-07-2019, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
They stopped caring about the National Dex after 4th gen. It seemed fairly explicit when Black and White had no past Pokemon at all and the only way to get them was to do a cross-generation trade.

No, trash Pokemon exist to give them the opportunity to fill up the world with a bigger variety of creatures. The series has always been vulnerable to the strategy of "aggressively level up your starter". If EVERY Pokemon was good, that would get worse -- players would just stick with the first few Pokemon they caught and basically never switch unless there was a significant type disadvantage that needed to be overcome. And if players are going to do THAT, what's the point of spending the design effort making more?

Old Posted 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
I don't know of any pokemon that are underrated. they all seem to be just as overrated as the rest of them. how many pokemon have been created now? I used to pay pokemon snap.
I Have Been Robbed! Please Donate to my GoFundMe!

YouTube Video Fund
GoFundMe Donations

AmericanGoingCrazy Youtube Channel

Trying to get a youtube channel started! View & Subscribe & My Buddies!

2thankyou4watching
Old Posted 08-11-2019, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
pokemon snap was fantastic. i also would play the pokemon stadium games, like, ALL the time.

my favorite underrated would probably be mawile. i know it's had good appearances and has a great mega, but i never see anyone talk about it.

Old Posted 08-11-2019, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #11  
I've recently downloaded Pokemon Go after being inactive for like two years (and back then when I played I didn't get very far to begin with - only level 5 or so). Haven't really looked much into the various pokemons' stats, but I already noticed two of the same can actually have different attacks when you catch them.

So far I haven't found any I consider absolutely useless, but only time will tell.
Old Posted 08-12-2019, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Dude I heckin love Mawile??? Like legit it’s one of my top ten faves.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-12-2019, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
Mawile was certainly underrated when she was released, but I think that X and Y gave her the spotlight she deserved.

Old Posted 08-12-2019, 08:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
o-o Might I also tack on that this
flutter boi is very much neglected?
I really liked Mothim. ;-; But I never see anyone with one. Never.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-13-2019, 11:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
Overshadowed by Wormadam, I suppose, despite being about as good.

Old Posted 08-13-2019, 11:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Yehh. :(
I like it's design tho...more than Dustox's. I always liked the moth pokémon more than the popular butterfly ones, so I always tried to get a moth pokémon. <x}

Old Posted 08-13-2019, 12:04 PM Reply With Quote