Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default The Dragon Prince   #1  
Oh my goodness! I'm absolutely in love with this show and if you haven't checked it out yet then you should. After the first episode I became completely hooked and I finished it after a few days. I want more! With a creative team coming off Avatar: The Last Airbender, Star Wars, Uncharted, and Justice League.. I knew it was going to be good but wow! The first season is currently up on Netflix.

Summary from Wiki:
"The series is set in a fantasy world named Xaidia where humans and elves are in conflict. Long ago, the humans used dark magic, and were driven off by the dragons and elves to one end of the continent. Now, after humans killed the dragon king and his egg, war is imminent."

Anyone else watching it? Who is your favorite character? What do you anticipate for the next season? Favorite episode?

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 09-22-2018, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm not a fan of the jaggy framerate, but I really like the characters. Unlike the Matt Groening show Disenchanted, our group's friendship actually feels earned. But right now everything just seems very generic fantasy and outside the characters, I'm really not feeling the world just yet. Then again, I never really cared much for Avatar until Book 2.

Old Posted 10-09-2018, 11:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
I kind of agree that the world feels pretty generic right now. But the characters are pretty well done and I love that they made a deaf character as well, which was a nice touch and something you don't see very often, especially in animation/cartoons.
Old Posted 10-09-2018, 02:44 PM Reply With Quote