Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default Why do People like things?   #1  
The things that people like causes the brain to release certain chemicals that can make one feel happy, or at ease, or even pumped up! Take the colour blue, for example. Staring at the colour blue causes the brain to release peaceful chemicals that allows one to be able to fall asleep much easier, where red causes one to be more on alert. Pink is easy on the eyes, which makes one not get a headache often. Smells and touch can also cause the brain to release chemicals. Why am I bringing this up?

Because I want to know why people like fountain pens. I don't know why I like them so much... though I do know they look nice. I go more for fancy looking things, but I don't know why. Yes, I said things people like causes the brain to release certain chemicals, but that isn't 100% accurate. I like fancy things, but my brain doesn't release chemicals. Take fountain pens, for example, my brain doesn't release feel good chemicals, neither does it send sad chemicals either... I don't even know why I like fancy things... maybe because they look nice. Cursive looks nice too, but no chemicals are released... are they? I don't know. I just know that I like them... maybe even slightly obsessed.

Do you guys like things without knowing why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
I get like that over porcelain dolls sometimes, but I have to hide my collection because it creeps people out

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 03-15-2018, 08:08 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverAshwood View Post
I get like that over porcelain dolls sometimes, but I have to hide my collection because it creeps people out
Make horror movies with them, then people will just think your a creative instead of creepy.

Old Posted 03-15-2018, 03:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Correction: then they'd think I'm a creative AND creepy LOL

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 03-15-2018, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
Your brain DOES release feel-good chemicals. It doesn't release euphoric concentrations of them, but it correlates the things you like with other things you like -- fountain pens get an association with grace and beauty, I presume, and those are things that present a sense of satisfaction and completion, and we like those feelings.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-15-2018, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Your brain DOES release feel-good chemicals. It doesn't release euphoric concentrations of them, but it correlates the things you like with other things you like -- fountain pens get an association with grace and beauty, I presume, and those are things that present a sense of satisfaction and completion, and we like those feelings.
Well, sometimes it releases euphoric concentrations of them lol.
Old Posted 03-15-2018, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #7  
I like the things I like because they make me happy, satisfy my curiosity, let me exercise my creativity, give me a social experience that is comfortable and safe for me, give me an emotional experience (good or bad), or provide comfort in a way that doesn't make me anxious/nervous.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 03-15-2018, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Make horror movies with them, then people will just think your a creative instead of creepy.
I like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
You have made a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
Well, sometimes it releases euphoric concentrations of them lol.
:D
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 03-16-2018, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default because that's 👏 my 👏 fetish 👏   #9  
what we like or dislike could be because of previous experiences. perhaps your first memory with a fountain pen was a good one, or something you learned to love. like maybe someone inspirational or someone you admire uses fountain pens, or gifted you one, or you saw it being given as a reward in a ceremony or something. maybe you hated fountain pens before because it was unfamiliar to you, but once you learned how to use one, you fell in love writing with it.

alternatively, our likes/dislikes probably has to do with survival or helping us get laid. Back in the day, only leaders or people in high positions could read and write. Those people usually have their shit together, and who wouldn't like to get laid with someone who has their shit together? security in life is appealing af.

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 03-16-2018, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i like unpopular things because it triggers my protective instincts

Old Posted 03-16-2018, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #11  
Are you gonna protect me, Gallagher?
Quote:
Old Posted 04-10-2018, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
ye

Old Posted 04-10-2018, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
My hero!
Quote:
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
There are different reasons of liking or disliking any stuff. I like candies because they are tasty to me. That is the reason why I dislike milk or boiled fish - it's unpleasant to me. If you don't like some things it's better to change that thing for another. For example, I don't like plastic toothbrushes so I've purchased bamboo toothbrush recently. It' totally organic and I'm satisfied:
Old Posted 11-16-2018, 09:25 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #15  
FilthyCJ, that's an awesome looking set of toothbrushes! :D

I can definitely understand the meaning of liking things as said things making one feel happy and at peace. Take coffee for instance. Whenever I drink it, I feel a pure bliss each day, thus I like(which is an understatement) coffee!

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-16-2018, 10:18 AM Reply With Quote  
CL4P-TP
I really like flamingos and own a lot of items with flamingo designs. I'm not even a massive bird fan so I'm not sure why I like them so much, but I do~
Old Posted 11-16-2018, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote