Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default How My Year Started   #1  
So some of you may know, Mom and I attempted to move into a house.

Back in November, we called and asked about this house for rent, we went and saw the house. The owner of the house mentioned he was a preacher of some church some where a few towns over and that he owned a majority of the street.

That right there was the first thing that had me suspicious of him. I know 3 other pastors and not ONE of them bragged about being just that.

The second thing that got to me was when he said he'd have the house finished and fixed up with in a few days. The amount of work needed on the house would have taken at least a month.

But mom, being who she is, bit into his bait.

Our lease for the current place was supposed to end January (this month) and he told mom if she could get help paying december and january rent, he'd hold the house for us. (And that was the third thing that got my gut turning)

when we got home, i told her i had a bad feeling about this guy. (I wonder why) but she snipped at me and said it was because I didn't believe in god that I feel that way around him. I told her that wasn't the reason but she refused to listen and called her brother up and asked for his help.

My uncle sent the landlord money, and sent mom money for the uhaul and to help pay the people who were going to help. So for all of December we packed. We went to section 8, and delt with our caseworkers boss.

Boss lady said "if we were paying rent already, we could move in" cause mom told her what my uncle was doing. So we set the move date on Jan 19th.

After that, all things went down hill from there.

Mom got sick, that Noro Virus thing that was going around, the first week of January. I had it for like 2 days. Mom was finally starting to feel better but then she started having trouble breathing... just making it out to the living room took so much out of her.. so on Jan 11th she went to the hospital.

Double Pneumonia + Congestive Heart Failure

That's what she was diagnosed with. Not long after she gets stuck in the hospital, my friends have their own family emergency so they had to back out of helping us move. (my anxiety on the move had activated my paranoia and I had one of those paranoid feelings that something would happen to where i'd lose my help x-x)

A few days before the move, mom still isn't home from the hospital, so I have to take it upon myself to try to get the utilities set up. So mom's payee, Lynn, and I run around here and there only to find out we need a copy of the new lease.

I call the new landlord, he never made one up. This is the first time I've ever done this shit, you'd thing Lynn would know more about this since she takes care of mom's finances.... Asking him for the lease was the WORST THING i did this whole time.. he makes the lease and takes it to mom in the hospital to sign it.

The next day (the day before the move) the section 8 caseworker calls me, returning my call from the day before. She tells me the lease we have to sign comes from section 8, not from the landlord and that her boss was wrong. We weren't allowed to move in until the house passes section 8 inspections. So we had to put a stop To EVERYTHING... I inform Lynn about what section 8 said.. and she told her granddaughter..

Low and behold, her Granddaughter use to rent from this guy! Turns out that when no one's home, he'd come in and go through the womens underwear drawer. He'd peep into windows, and he doesn't return ANY MONEY once its given to him and evicts people at the drop of a hat for false reasons.

That morning I had busted my ass to finish packing (and cleaning) Moms room and the rest of the kitchen... =/

EVERYTHING was packed.. the TV, the PC, all the things... and now we had to try to reverse ALL the things we did.

Jan 19th comes around... Since the move was halted, we concentrated on mom and her hospital stay, but it turned out that she was moving from the hospital to over to some Care Center farther away from home.

Turns out that the hospital took her off ALL her medicines.. ALL OF THEM! She has mental disabilities.... she NEEDS THOSE! and from day one at the care center, nothing went well.. I was told she'd be there 2 weeks...

Due to her NOT being on her meds, she didn't do HALF of what she was supposed to do..

So while she's throwing fits at the care center, I'm talking to section 8 about reversing all this shit so we can just stay in the apartment we've been in.. Mom, since she's head of the household, needed to write a letter to Caseworker's boss's boss.. because the landlord refused to let us out of that lease we signed.. a lease that doesn't go into effect until feb 1st...

Letter goes through, we get told we don't have to move, yaaaay!

Except, that landlord refuses to return the security deposit or pet deposit (i wasn't planning on seeing those 2 months worth of rent...)

My Uncle is going to be sooo pissed... =/

Mom has been wanting to come home for a week now. The doctor there called her childish for asking to come home... (she JUST got back on her meds, of course she's going to act out D:< they aren't stabilized in her system yet!) I called and asked if she could be released Thursday (Feb 2nd) which was when i was told she'd originally be released. I don't want her there any longer then that. They were wanting to keep her there longer but, they screw up her meds, don't give them to her at all some times, and call her names, I refuse to let her stay there any longer.

There is nothing there for her to do that she'd be interested in... nothing to get her moving around. At home, there is plenty of reasons for her to move around. (like helping me unpack all this shit that we packed up for nothing!)

They have to set up oxygen here at home since they couldn't ween her off of it there (they wouldn't listen to Lynn and I, when we told them all the things she does at home is dishes, laundry, and sleep, they're trying to get her to play ball and other things.. things she was beaten for as a child... it was beat into her that she wasn't allowed that shit.) So she's coming home thursday... =o= I just hope she doesn't smoke.. she's a stress smoker and her stress levels are super high.... 3 weeks with out cigarettes... so close to being able to quit and she's refusing to try alt methods of stress release ;-;

So! Our attempt to move failed.. packed all this stuff for nothing.. I cleared out a majority of the living room just so i can re-organize it and set up the tv and ps4 properly and so i could have my pc back >o<

After I finish the living room, i gotta organize mom's room so they can set up her oxygen stuff x-x

Zeke should be happy.. he sat at her bedroom door for the first week and half crying for her.

so yea, thats how my year started =w=

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-29-2017, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Poor DK. =( I seriously wish I could help. T-T

Old Posted 01-30-2017, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #3  
Thanks ML.

Mom's been biting my head off the past few days over this..

She wants to come home 'NOW' but she can't come home until the bring her equipment, and that doesn't come until her release day apparently. =o=

I keep telling her, she's not staying any longer than thursday. but does she listen to me? no.. she bites my head off and says "Yea right, I'm gonna die in here."

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-31-2017, 04:32 PM Reply With Quote