Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Vampire Lord
Default   #33  
"My last blind date wasn't good either he was a complete jackass." Holden said as Solomon put the band around his wrist. "Unusual names but I like 'em." He said with a smile. "You should be able to go into the barn since they are your horses." Holden said looking through the crowd of people.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Woo, Graduated High School
"It's not that, it's the other horses I'm worried about. Like I said, animals...my horses are used to me, so they're okay. Perhaps once everyone's trickled out we can go in..then they won't notice the ruckus. Oh! There he is! He can take them to the arena. They could use a little free lance walk."

He rushed over to Jack, bringing Holden with him, "Jack! Hey, question for ya. Is the arena occupied? Perhaps you could bring Zera and Ri out? Im sure they would love to stretch. Oh! How are Ri's knees?"

The man nodded, "Of course sir, I'm sure they would love it indeed. And he's doing pretty good. The good weather is being good to his joints." With that, the brown haired man hurried off.
Last edited by Evil Tink; 04-12-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #35  
Holden just walked along with Solomon. He didn't say a word when he was speaking with Jack. "He seems nice." Holden said with a cute smile. "Also I don't see why any animal wouldn't like you." He said still smiling. Holden was surprised at how excited Solomon got when he saw Jack, but he thought that it makes Solomon more enduring.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
"He's such a wonderful man. Ah, there they are now!" He walked over to the outdoor arena. He leaned up on the wooden fence, crossing his arms on the top board. Two black horses came trotting out down the little path. One was obviously limping and just overall smaller than the other, Solomon pointed, "That one is Rilov...he has such a wonderful personality, but I have no clue what I'm going to do about his damn knees..."

They went around the arena a few times before the Mare came over with a snort. She bobbed her head a few times, exhaling loudly at Holden. Solomon laughed, "She doesn't like you. She thinks you're going to steal all my attention from her." He leaned in and whispered, "I think she's right though."
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #37  
"He is so beautiful." Holden said as the other horse came up to Solomon. He giggled when Solomon said that. Holden reached out to touch her nose. "Don't worry honey I won't totally steal him from you." He said winking at Solomon. "You are a very beautiful horse." He said smiling at the horse.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon laughed, "Oh yes you will. He will you know, Zeze. He;s going to take me away from you."

The horse snorted, reaching her nose out to sniff Holden's hand.

Solomon smiled a bit, his horses were used to his..vampiric presence. He was hoping to buy a few more young ones, so they could adjust quickly, but he just hasn't gotten around to it. "Have you ever ridden a horse? It's quite relaxing and entertaining."
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #39  
"I would never steal someone away from a beautiful creature like this." Holden said winking at the horse. "Actually I never have, I have always wanted to but my parents wouldn't buy me one." He said trying not to sound like a rich boy. "Wow I'm sorry I didn't mean to go all rich boy on you." Holden said looking at Solomon apologetic.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon laughed, "Oh my dear, don't worry about it. Not to do the same, but my wealth would put your parents to deep shame." He coughed a bit with a frown. "I do have her saddle here, as I was planning on exercising her for awhile, if you'd love to try. Of course, Rilov can't be ridden with his knees, but I can still instruct you from the ground. In fact, it's easier that way."
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #41  
Holden laughed a little bit. He looked at Solomon with bright eyes. "Are you serious? I would love to." He said as he gave Solomon a hug. "Eherm sorry." Holden said a little embarrassed.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon laughed, "Don't be my boy! It's perfectly fine. In fact, you may hug me whenever you wish." He winked, turning to the side and putting his fingers to his lips and whistled loudly.

Jack came running from the stables, "Yes..Solomon?" He was a bit out of breath and definitely smelled of something unpleasant.

Solomon grimaced at the smell, "What happened to you?"

"Well, it appears I've miscalculated Rilov's health today. He..seems to have...had an extreme bowel movement..." He looked away from the medically challenged horse, "I think it's the joint medications."

Solomon sighed deeply, glancing back at the horse and was silent for a moment, then he nodded, "Call the vet, tell him the meds are making him sick. They're probably too strong, since he's still so young. Don't give him is next set of doses unless the vet says it's okay." He hopped the fence, a pretty impressive feat since it was about 5 feet high to prevent the horses from jumping it.

He whistled twice, two short bursts and the young stallion came over with a nicker.

Jack nodded, "Sir..what did you need from me?"

He didn't look back, "Can you grab Zera's tack? I want to exercise her a bit."

He nodded and hurried off.

Solomon gently placed his hand on the stallion's nose, "I'm sorry about the medication." He continued to massage the horse's body, smiling as the stallion nickered a bit, lowering his head, enjoying the massage. "Perhaps I will have to put him through surgery. Oh, Holden, feel free to jump in here. These two are quite mellow around humans, considering..." He barely noted his slip, too involved with helping the horse feel better.
Last edited by Evil Tink; 04-15-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #43  
Holden was still a little embarrassed. Holden felt bad for the young horse. When Solomon said to come in he looked around to find a gate. Solomon said humans he just thought he meant people. He found a gate and ran over to it so he can get in there by the horses. One thing he did know is you never walk behind a horse so he walked behind Solomon. "You are a very beautiful horse." Holden said petting his neck. "You are very beautiful to." He said looking to the female horse. He walked close to her and started rubbing her neck. He looked at Solomon, "Your horses are very nice." He said with a boyish smile.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 09:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon smiled, "I work hard to keep them in good shape. And don't give Rilov that look. It makes him sad. Just keep a smile." He gently swatted the horse on the butt, "Now go help Jack clean up your mess." The horse hobbled off with a quiet nicker just as Jack came out. He followed Jack as he brought all the various tack pieces, setting them in the sand. "Thanks Jack. I'm sending you reinforcements."

Jack laughed slightly, grabbing the young colt by the mane and leading him inside.

"I'm assuming you've never saddled a horse, either. Correct?" He gave another whistle, causing Zera to pitter-patter over,standing just a few feet from the two.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #45  
Holden smiled at Rilov as he followed Jack back by Solomon. "You are right I have never saddled one before." He said feeling bad. "I have never done anything with horses, so that should help you figure out what I know and don't know." He said with a smile. "I really need to talk to mom about me getting a horse." Holden thought to himself while looking at Solomon.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon laughed, "Well today I shall teach you! It's fairly easy. I'll show you and tell you what I'm doing, then take it off, and help you with it. Sound good?" Not waiting for a response, he picked up the halter, explaining what it was called and it's purpose before showing him how to put it on the horse's head. He continued this process with each tack piece, explaining it then placing it in it's proper place. After Zera was completely saddled, he swiftly removed everything, stepping aside, "You're turn. Don't worry, she'll behave."
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #47  
"Ok." Holden said as he walked right next to Solomon. He bent down and grabbed the halter, he put it on like he was shown. He continued putting on the items like he was shown. After he put on the reins on he looked at Solomon. "Well how did I do?" Holden said very pleased with himself. "I have a photographic memory." He said pointing to his head and giving Solomon a wink.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon inspected his work carefully, placing his hands under the saddle on the pressure points and checking the bit, the girth, this and that. After a moment he quickly undid the girth and slide the saddle back just a hair, "It was a bit forward, but other than that, it was perfect." He quickly tightened the girth, double checking to make sure the saddle wouldn't go anywhere.

It was apparent that Zera was excited for this. Her ears were all over the place and she would not stop nickering. "Now be nice Zera, he's new to this." Solomon stood a few inches behind the stirrup, lacing his fingers, "Alright. You're going to put your left hand on the saddle and your right on my shoulder. Then you're going to put your left foot in my hand and boost yourself up while swinging your right over her back. When you sit down, try to not flop, but sit gently." He nodded once, "You ready?"
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote