Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Two Fish
Default   #17  
HALCYON
He stroked back his long, grey hair, a smile permanently attached to his face. "Yeah! I'd love to." He chuckled, surprised with her fast response. To be honest, he wasn't sure if the girl was even into dudes. The night went quickly, as it always did. At his 10 pm lunch break, he was happy to see his punk rock vixen still at her seat. He swaggered over and slid down on the opposite side of her booth.

"Do you want something - other than coffee? Its on me." He grinned, looking through the menu for a refresher. He was going to get himself a nice slice of cherry pie. He poured himself a cup of coffee from the recently replaced pitcher.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 10:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash, too, couldn't seem to contain herself. For the several hours that she spent in the diner, she'd find herself grinning like a schoolgirl every time they made eye contact. The feelings were genuine, and it definitely seemed like for once in her life, Ash would not be single. She propped her elbows on the table as she poured herself another glass but slid the hot liquid over to him in case he needed it after his long shift. "I could eat. What are you thinking?"
Last edited by sylvanSpider; 11-22-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #19  
HALCYON
He was surprised to see how much Ash had already drank from the pitcher. He filled his own mug. "I'm gettin' the cherry pie. Its real good here. And god damn, how much coffee do you drink girl?" He chuckled, shaking his head as he sat the pitcher down. He liked his coffee black, so took a slurp immediately after. After his lunch break, he only had two more hours before he could go home. Hopefully, he'd actually remember tonight.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash held her hands out to reveal that the woman was practically vibrating with the coffee, the fact that she hadn't eaten all day yet making the problem only that much worse."Answer your question?" she asked, eyes shining. She was a coffee fiend to say the very least, but she was also a fiend for pie. "Oh, would you believe that I've never had the pie here? Never had the currency to get any. So, I guess it must be my lucky day. I'll have the same."
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #21  
HALCYON
Hal grinned watching Ash's caffeinated hands shake. "Yeah, I think this pie will do the trick." He wasn't all too surprised about her financial status. After all, he'd been serving her long enough that he knew she never ordered food. The coffee was less than a buck for endless refills. She was probably running the place dry. It couldn't be good for her. But what was these days? He stood up, slapped the table gently and said: "I'll be right back with our pie."

He walked away, trying to pin back his overgrown hair behind his ears. He came back to the booth with two slices, each spilling with cherry entrails. "You won't get any better than this." He slid Ash's plate in front of her, only to notice that the pitcher was empty again. So he chuckled and playfully shook it in front of her before refilling it. When he returned, all he had to say was: "Do you ever sleep?". It was strange to talk to a girl he liked so openly, but he figured now was the time. He was used to rejection, might as well be oneself in that case.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash licked her lips upon seeing the pie. Nothing looked more delicious in her entire life. Sure, she'd seen other customers order it, but this was her slice of pie. She was also very forward about her financial situation to see if it deterred him, and noticed with joy that it didn't stop him at all. He was into her. "Thanks. For uh, this. It's not very often I get to actually eat here. Well, I've never eaten here, she added mentally.

She licked her lips again, looking from the pie to her date, "Honest truth? Rarely. I'm a mad insomniac crazy lady. You should hear the rumors that go on about me. Fuckin' insane. Some think I'm a witch." Here, she tossed her head back and laughed, "Can you fucking believe that? I stay up at night, so I'm a witch. Makes a lot of sense, don't it?"
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #23  
HALCYON
Though Hal knew all too well that the girl never ate here, he didn't feel the need to correct her. He'd heard some rumors about Ash, sure, but never that she was a witch. The worst he'd heard were highly sexual and he wasn't sure if he wanted to know if they were true or not. Most of the guys at Revelations were total scumbags anyways. So it was no surprise that he worked here. He did love to see her laugh and smile though. "Hell, I s'pose being called a witch is better than being called a drunk. I rarely touch the stuff!" He scoffed, looking over his shoulder at his busy working mates.

He began to dig into his pie, watching the cherry goop up on his fork. A streak of red dribbled down his chin as he dug in. "So good. 'Specially with this coffee." He smiled, tipping his mug as if to say bottoms up!
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
"Shit. Seems gossip finds ways to hurt us all, huh? But that's not even the most common. That was just the uh...weirdest. Neighbors to the left of my apartment are the ones saying that. The rest just either think I'm a whore or a druggy." She shrugged, laughing again at the absurdity of it all. Yes, it was true, she did partake of the devil's lettuce once in a while, but she rarely dabbled in anything harder. The shop didn't test, but she didn't want to risk dealing with machinery with the leftovers of a good night before. When it came to lovers? She swung both ways, but never looked. She was too busy loitering at a diner with a cute waiter.

She took the opportunity to take a bite of her pie, and she could swear that she felt her eyes rolling into the back of her head. "Now this," she said between mouthfuls, "This is a fuckin' pie. Do you guys make it homemade?"
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #25  
HALCYON
Hal was pleasantly surprised with the conversation he was having. He leaned back, listening to Ash lament. "I guess these days, its good to have thick skin." He looked away for a moment, ready to see how she'd react to his next comment. "Y'know. First time I met you, I thought you were a lesbian." He chuckled. "Still not sure, but I figured it was worth a shot. I never take someone by how they look. Met too many fake people who made you think they had the best lives in the world.... They were the saddest of all. I didn't get the whore vibe from you though." He grinned. It wasn't to say that he didn't think she was into some strange shit, he was almost sure of that. It was worth it to him to find out.

"Yeah. The pie's made by Mister Jacoby, the baker." He spoke with his mouth still full from a fork full of pie.

"What about you? What'd you think about me?" He wiped his mouth, then he sipped his coffee, and then he took another bite of his pie. He was already halfway done and it had hardly been a minute of conversation.
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
"Yeah, it really is," Ashlynne held up a pair of calloused hands, "Good thing it comes with the job, huh?" She didn't hold them up long though, as soon the fork was back between her fingers and she was shoveling another mouthful of pie into her gob. "You know? You're not exactly wrong. Only partially, I guess. I'm bi or whatever, but I don't sleep with everyone I see, contrary to everyone's beliefs," she waggled her eyebrows, "...and hopes. But here I am, eh?"

Another forkful, and the pie (crust and all) was gone. "Mr. Jacoby knows his shit then. This is amazing. As for you? Hm. I thought that you were cute, initially. And kind. You're the only one that doesn't seem to mind when I come in. That and," Here, she set down the fork and ran her fingertip along his scar, skipping his eye, then following it again, "..that you might have some stories to tell."
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #27  
HALCYON
Hal smirked under Ash's comments. At least his instincts weren't too far off. He shrugged. After all, it didn't really matter. It was just nice to not feel judged by someone. Until she pointed out his scar. He growled. "Yeah, what of it?" He spat out. To be honest, he didn't even remember how he got the damned thing. Another one of his black out spells. He woke up one morning, in a haze as usual. His pillow was bloody. His face was wet, everything was blurry. He had to call a buddy to come stitch him up. Just ended up having to go to a hospital.

Down here, in the scrappers, hospitals didn't do much of anything. Maybe up in the Utopian city, he would've had his eye saved. Or maybe turned into a robot eye. But instead, he was given a psychiatric hold and a bad scar. His mum always told him that he sleepwalked. So he just assumed it was happening again.
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash drew her hand back immediately, her feelings hurt. What she'd meant to imply obviously didn't translate. She'd meant to be sexy. So much for that, she thought. "I uhm...I didn't mean that. I just..ah..I guess I just trying to... uh...talk. I thought that it would be a nice talking point. I didn't know it was a a uhm...sensitive topic to you." She got to her feet, "Sorry to have bothered you."
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #29  
HALCYON
Hal bit his lip. It seemed that he'd responded rather brashly. "No, no. I'm sorry. Its just that... I don't even remember how I got it..." he chuckled, realizing how silly the whole thing was. "I mean, I'd like to at least have a story behind it." he finished up his pie, noticing that it was almost time for him to get back to work. So he slurped down his coffee too.
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash had been ready to leave right then and there, fearing that what she'd said had caused wounds beyond repair. Stopping, she turned to look at him in order to ascertain certainty that she'd been forgiven and slowly she sat. "I...suppose that makes sense," she said, each word deliberate. I wonder if he remembers last night? The scars are identical, but I fuckin' knew they would be. He's the wolf, he's gotta be. And if that's the case...then he earned the scar while a wolf... She let the grin spread across her face, "A black out? Maybe you lead a double life... I think if anything it just makes you all the more bloody interesting. Listen, I come here to loiter on my days off. Today is one of those days, so I can stick around until the end of your shift if you wanna walk with me. I have a story you might find interesting."
Old Posted 11-23-2017, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #31  
HALCYON
Hal scoffed, feeling the heat rising in his face as he blushed. This might've been the first time he'd told someone about his blackouts. At least outside of his family. Even in the loony bin, he didn't like to talk about it. He nodded, surprised with how Ash was handling it. "Yeah, I suppose so." He chuckled. He'd like to think that his mysterious black outs made him sexier. In reality, they made him nervous and afraid. No matter how little he showed it. He was afraid that he wouldn't remember what he was doing, no matter how insignificant. Though it helped him value any times he did remember. Like when he was a kid and would play with his family dogs. There were three of them.

For some reason, looking up at Ash, he was reminded of that happiness. "Yeah, that'd be nice." He tried to hold back an over-excited smile. He stood up, picking up his empty plate and stacking Ash's on top. "Flag me down when you want a refill, in the meantime." He grinned and went off to finish his shift.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 11:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
ASH
Ash could do little more than smile and raise her mug, "Can do, though you seem to have left me well taken-care of." No matter, she'd enjoy the eye candy in the meantime. She'd brought a notebook with her to keep her occupied until he got done with his shift. Ideally, he'd actually buy what she had to tell him. Do they ever turn on non-full moon nights? Hopefully he'd enjoy her company enough as a werewolf that he wouldn't eat her...
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote