Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default   #33  
Oh gods I have my beanie babies still too! Most of the animals got taken by my nan for the small children in our family... I still have the bears and my few favourite animals though like Scorch which was my first ever beanie given to me by my auntie ^_^

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
One of the Beanie Babies I have shares the same birthday I do. It's like one of the rainbow iguanas. But one of my favorites is Mystic the Unicorn.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #35  
I finally took all my beanie babies to goodwill a couple years ago. They were pretty much in poor condition and not really worth much. And since they were just taking up space in a tub, I got rid of them. Scorch and Kooky were the hardest two to part with though.

Oh, guys! At my work, we have mystery boxes with mini nostalgia toys in them! Stuff like etch-a-sketch, magic 8 ball, Rubiks cube, etc. So I bought a couple. I'm really hoping for the magic 8 ball, but will be okay getting almost everything. Except maybe the hot wheels car and the phone car toy ones. XD
Who wants a big reveal when I get off work? Lol
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Sure! I love grab bag type things. It's always fun to see what you get!
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #37  
Almost out of work. Will do photo reveals of boxes shortly!
(Would do video of the reveal, but the sound of my recorded voice makes me cringe plus I am super awkward and never know what to say. And don't have a decent way to record video.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Xsplit is the best way to capture video. It's free too. I use that for my video recording for YOutube.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #39  
No, but I mean like I don't have a webcam or a stand for my phone or anything, so it would be really shaky footage of me filming and trying to open shit one-handed.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Also, item reveal:
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #41  
I always managed to fuck up my Yo-Yos. They were always pretty cheap quality so the string always twisted. I still have the last one I ever got. I had like two but I think one broke.

Totally of topic, but does anyone still own something that has a specific smell that brings them back to a certain memory? I have this empty bottle of perfume that my cousin gave me back when I was younger. I can open the lid and sniff the spritzer that still smells like the perfume and get a memory flashback. I had that with a certain smell of deodorant too.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 04:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Level 100
Ah! So much nostalgia! And I'm sure if I read more than just a few posts, it would be even more nostalgia! lol.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #43  
. . . so.

as a child. . . my grandfather really fell into the beanie baby craze. He would pick me up from school and I would be dragged on a daily route to several different stores to try and get 5 copies of every single beanie. We would go to strange places that happened to be raffling off rare ones to see if we could win. My cousin did manage to win the Princess Diana bear at one of those. We went to Canada on vacation and found a store that if you bought $120 of beanie babies, you got Maple bear for free. When the tiny ones came out at McDonalds - my grandpa bought so many happy meals they filled our freezer and we ate heated up happy meals for weeks. I spent hours helping him put tag protectors on every beanie and sorting them and counting and making sure we had 5 of each one. Any time news came up about one maybe having a weird print or something, they all came back out so we could see.

Supposedly one day I will inherit one entire set.

This is my story, this is my life.

Old Posted 11-21-2017, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Oh lord the Teenie Beanie Babies...we did that kinda too. Every week we'd get two Kid's meals so my mom and I could each have a set. We got the second set completed but not the last one. It was tiny burgers and fries every week ._. I also have a pretty decent collection of the bigger ones. Most are in cases and have tag protectors.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 03:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #45  
I was big into babies as a kid, but I grew out of it. But I did inherit the one collection I always wanted when my mom passed.
Her Disney Grolier Christmas ornaments.
It's not a full set yet. She and my dad had trouble tracking down all of them because the collection would release I think 4 ornaments a year, but each member could only choose 3 ornaments. I did find all the missing ones on ebay a few years ago, but I can't afford them currently.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I never actually heard of those ornaments, but I think we still have some REALLY old ones from before even I was born in storage containers. Not sure if they worth anything or not. All looks like junk to me XD
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 06:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #47  
They are THE BEST Disney ornaments, in my opinion. I'll probably take some pics when. I dig them out of my closet on Thanksgiving.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 02:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Sure by all means. I'd love to see em. We did have some special spun glass ornaments we used to put out on our tree. It was a whole set of them. Sadly during moving from our old house to this one, most of them ended up getting broke.

Let's see what other things I can dig out of my bag of nostalgia. Thankfully Youtube has been a great source of rewatching some really old shows that I used to watch as a kid. I did find Eureeka's Castle, and also Today's Special. I saw some videos of the Elephant Show also, in the recommended section. I might look up Lambchop's Sing-Along, that one was always fun.

Did anyone ever have..I think it was called like Baby Surprise? It was a doll that you didn't know the gender of until you revealed it by soaking something in water? Then you got it's name and gender and it came with diapers and stuff. I had like the animal versions too. The animal versions were stuffed animals with hard plastic faces. I also had a Baby Alive, which was hallowed out and rubbery and you filled it with warm water to simulate a "real" baby.

You know I noticed how creepy a lot of my toys were as a kid. Most's premise was legit but the actual outcome could be terrifying. I even had a "My Kid Sister". I had to hide her in the closet after a while because she was kinda creepy. ._.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote