Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default   #49  
I had a limited edition furby with the checkerboard belly. I looked it up on eBay and it was worth an asinine amount. It's too bad it got beaten up and tossed out. I wanted to keep that thing forever.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I wouldn't know anyone who'd want to have them now and pay an insane amount of $ to get it. The newer ones are a little *less* creepy, but I think Furby is always going to be nightmare fuel.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 05:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #51  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalkitsune85 View Post
Sure by all means. I'd love to see em. We did have some special spun glass ornaments we used to put out on our tree. It was a whole set of them. Sadly during moving from our old house to this one, most of them ended up getting broke.

Let's see what other things I can dig out of my bag of nostalgia. Thankfully Youtube has been a great source of rewatching some really old shows that I used to watch as a kid. I did find Eureeka's Castle, and also Today's Special. I saw some videos of the Elephant Show also, in the recommended section. I might look up Lambchop's Sing-Along, that one was always fun.

Did anyone ever have..I think it was called like Baby Surprise? It was a doll that you didn't know the gender of until you revealed it by soaking something in water? Then you got it's name and gender and it came with diapers and stuff. I had like the animal versions too. The animal versions were stuffed animals with hard plastic faces. I also had a Baby Alive, which was hallowed out and rubbery and you filled it with warm water to simulate a "real" baby.

You know I noticed how creepy a lot of my toys were as a kid. Most's premise was legit but the actual outcome could be terrifying. I even had a "My Kid Sister". I had to hide her in the closet after a while because she was kinda creepy. ._.
Baby Surprise! I remember the commercials! Unfortunately, while I watched ads for all the cool 90s toys, I never actually got to owm them. We always got generic dolls and toys instead. Unless the desired toy was fairly inexpensive.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I guess I was kind of spoiled. I got a lot of the stuff I saw on TV. I think it was because of how shitty my childhood could have been if my grandparents hadn't of took legal custody of me instead of my mom keeping me.
Last edited by Crystalkitsune85; 11-21-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 05:50 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
LAMB CHOP'S PLAY ALONG

Aha, that was the one. I didn't watch much TV as a kid; preferred reading. Some other ones I vaguely remember:
PB&J Otter
Rolie Polie Olie
Bear in the Big Blue House
Out of the Box
Wishbone
Most of those were a little young for my by the time they rolled around, but Wishbone and Lambchop were things. I remember seeing Bear in the Big Blue House for the first time and being really impressed with the costume.

I remember the Raccoons. It's another of those shows that I didn't actually like but watched it anyway because we got what was on.

I don't know about the Crystal Riders, but I do recall bits of She-ra, He-Man, Rainbow Brite (oh so little of it), something I think was called "The Smogies" (or at least those were the bad guys), The Big Friendly Giant and his annoying recorder song that my step-sister learned in school. Oh, and Jem. I remember enough of Jem that the recent movie poster annoyed me. She did NOT have enough hair!

My first internet was...the internet, as far as I'm aware. I was in elementary school when we got our first in home connection.

I had a Skydancer toy, but never watched the show. I was mostly an outside kid, so most of the toys I had were basic things like hula hoops and such, but I did have a Skip-It that my siblings and I would use like crazy.

I can't get to it all...too much.

Moonshoes. My best friend had moonshoes.

In later yeras, we played the Girl Talk boardgame to death.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 04:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
AH the old days of the internet. Gosh that's so much of a throwback to me. How things were so primitave with web pages and there was really only so much you can do. Pictures weren't really a thing and songs were just clips instead of full songs. No moving video until MUCH later.

And back in the day whe Yahoo Instant Messanger was popular AND had chat room.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 05:45 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #55  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I had a limited edition furby with the checkerboard belly. I looked it up on eBay and it was worth an asinine amount. It's too bad it got beaten up and tossed out. I wanted to keep that thing forever.
ebay is tricky because it's not an items actual value, necessarily, but what people think they can get for it.

Beanie Babies tanked in value outside the originals because the collector aspect became so rampant that too many of the were released and it decreased their value as a whole. Market saturation and such. I had one error (Stretch the Ostrich with two right legs) that was worth around $500 at peak popularity but very few are worth anything now. Alas!
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 04:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I see Beanie Babies at Goodwill. And a surprisingly large amount of "Twilight" books. Gee I wonder why :P.
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 06:37 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #57  
OMG! I was just leafing through the TV guide right now and saw Blossom on one of the channels. I brought up the info to see if it was the old show and Blossom is played by Mayim Bialik. Wasn't expecting that. The show was still pretty amusing but the laugh track is killing me.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I have been finding more things on Youtube that I remember. I have been watching Today's Special, which was an old 80's Nickelodeon show, as well as the Litll' Bits which was basically an anime. I also found that one I mentioned before. Called Fred Penner's Place. Didn't start out how I remember, unless the one I saw was an older intro.

Also, they still have TV guides?
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #59  
You mentioning them changing the toys to make them safer/ more marketable to the younger generation now made me remember that I once swallowed a Polly Pocket on a dare.

I remember playing Crash Bandicoot when it first came out on original Playstation.

I also remember when Pizza Hut used to do the Book-It program and would give you a small pizza if you read a certain number of books each month.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalkitsune85 View Post

Also, they still have TV guides?
Not that I know of. The term is just ingrained into my head.

I remember Fred Penner! Was it the one that started with him walking in the woods and winding up in this little hidden grove thing?

I used to watch "You Cant Do That On Television." That's still one of the those I remember most, but if you were born in the 90s you missed it.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #61  
TV guide magazine is in fact still a thing. You can get a subscription for like... 20 bucks...
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Huh. Interesting. But yeah, I remember the Fred Penner thing with him walking through a city first, and then into a forest, and then through the trunk, not just wandering through a forest.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #63  
Probably the same thing, it's just that personally, I only remember the forest part.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
OF course, I'm just dredging up memories from a wee child me. I do still remember the first days of Snick. Saturday night Nick. It was 1991 and that was the first time I saw Rugrats, and Doug, Ren, and Stimpy. Roundhouse.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote