Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #49  
Oh, there's a newer one? That one's not on sale, but has amazing reviews on steam, well they both have. I'm a sucker for great graphics, which the new one definitely has, but 45 eur is way more than I like to spend at once, the struggle.
The first one looks amazing as well, though... Decisions~

Oh yeah, I really liked being able to choose between different body types, even if it was just presets (at least i believe it was just presets, when I think about it that might not have been the case).
I feel like a tried a MMO that had even more customization when it came to the body. Black Desert or Blade & Soul maybe?
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yeah...I made Syrgei anyway. The first time was...unflattering. He's tall enough but not about to subtly fit through a window any time soon. Skyrim Syrgei came out all right, but when I put in a mod to smooth out the mens' faces, he looked a little excessively like Link from Twilight Princess. He's better now. ;).

Don't ask me about Fallout. -.-
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #51  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLlamaness View Post
Oh, there's a newer one? That one's not on sale, but has amazing reviews on steam, well they both have. I'm a sucker for great graphics, which the new one definitely has, but 45 eur is way more than I like to spend at once, the struggle.
The first one looks amazing as well, though... Decisions~

Oh yeah, I really liked being able to choose between different body types, even if it was just presets (at least i believe it was just presets, when I think about it that might not have been the case).
I feel like a tried a MMO that had even more customization when it came to the body. Black Desert or Blade & Soul maybe?
There's a bunch of Divinitys. Divinity: Original Sin, Enhanced Edition is the one I've played. Divinity 2 is the new one. It has lizards and I think elves now, but the play is slightly different.

I heard Black Desert Online had a great creator but was a crummy game.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Div OS was on sale for relatively cheap during the steam sale. (Salone got it for me.) If I play Div OS2, I'm def rolling a lizard.

I used to play Blade and Soul. Should get back to that.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
There's a bunch of Divinitys. Divinity: Original Sin, Enhanced Edition is the one I've played. Divinity 2 is the new one. It has lizards and I think elves now, but the play is slightly different.

I heard Black Desert Online had a great creator but was a crummy game.
I do enjoy playing as a colorful lizard...
I just spent a hundred bucks on a switch game, I really shouldn't buy more expensive stuff for at least another month or two. I really want to though. - crying in a corner

Yeah, it's incredibly beautiful and has wonderful character customization, but I didn't find the gameplay all that interesting.
In fact, even though the graphics were "beautiful", they felt somewhat too much, as well as something else I don't really know how to describe. It just didn't really suit a game, I think.

Gotta go to bed, 'night!
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLlamaness View Post
I do enjoy playing as a colorful lizard...
I just spent a hundred bucks on a switch game, I really shouldn't buy more expensive stuff for at least another month or two. I really want to though. - crying in a corner

Yeah, it's incredibly beautiful and has wonderful character customization, but I didn't find the gameplay all that interesting.
In fact, even though the graphics were "beautiful", they felt somewhat too much, as well as something else I don't really know how to describe. It just didn't really suit a game, I think.

Gotta go to bed, 'night!
Sort of an Uncanny Valley maybe?

I like Lizards. :), but always with the non humans for me!
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #55  
I used to /only/ played Japanese/Korean-based MMORPGs. And then I went to college and discovered a newfound ability to *buy Steam cards* for myself, and now I almost exclusively play western RPGs. Hmm.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yay, Western preoccupation with individuality and personal success?
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #57  
Nah, more like, I just got really tired of the focus on aesthetics and very little attention to storyline.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Something anyone looking into Divinity OS2 should be aware of is that it is a VERY challenging game, even if you're like me and played the first one to death. The new armor/magic armor system makes fights extremely long and drawn-out, giving ample chances for things to go wrong, and it's often stacked against you pretty heavily. Even on normal difficulty, if you don't exploit every possible opportunity to steal items/gold, murder NPCs for xp, find and complete every single quest before moving on, etc, you fall behind extremely easily. And even when you're caught up, some of the fights are just nightmarish.

But it's a hell of a good game, besides that, if you're into D&D or classic CRPGs, or even games like Final Fantasy Tactics.

As to the actual topic, I usually play females, but I also mostly only play games with robust character creation where I can make the same few characters I bring everywhere I'm able to. And when you get into heavily-moddable games a la Bethesda, the unfortunate reality is that there's a massive disparity in aesthetic mods for female and male characters (even if ~80% of the female armor/clothing mods can be written off immediately as... anachronystic, to put it lightly.). I remember when I was making all of the characters from one of my novels in Skyrim, and even with the 300-and-something mods I'm running, including pretty much all the best male aesthetic mods, finding appropriate outfits for them was a depressing experience.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #59  
I suppose I have more luck in that regard in that I seem to be less picky than you. ;). Is it a long coat? Yes. Is it blue? Yes. Job done!

It amuses that people seem to assume you are female online about as often as I get mistaken for male, though the characters likely don't help.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
It amuses that people seem to assume you are female online about as often as I get mistaken for male, though the characters likely don't help.
Well, to be fair, my first assumption when meeting people is not that they're genderless internet life-forms sustained by misanthropy and bad memes, either.

Also, more on topic that I just remembered, I spent my younger years playing and writing almost exclusively male characters, so I've really just more or less evened the balance at this point. Still kind of sick of grizzled old men grimly taking up swords to scowl and philosophize poorly over the corpses of young people at this point in my creative lifespan, though. :P
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #61  
Even that is something of a departure from standard youth fantasy fare.

I've just blamed it on the 'he' bias in language. I used to be surprised it would persist even when I was using a femmy name and/or femmy avatar, but...
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oh wait. Were *all* of us gender swapped on GW2? ...Minus Salone, that is.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #63  
Looks that way.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
IDK what it is with my friend groups and genderswapping on games. Has happened in...I think...all of the games I've played with friends so far?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-04-2017, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote