Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
I'm always the "adventurer" in Morrowind because I like to pick my skills out. Mirri I decided was an archer-thief, but she's got some magic, too.

As Mirri died with my old game data, I've started again with a tanky dunmer named "Stanley." Reasons.
Old Posted 11-27-2017, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Usually male, and then if I'm doing a replay I'll use female. :p
Old Posted 11-28-2017, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Shinigami
Default   #35  
I prefer to play as a female. I usually try to make my avatars look like me, but with white hair. :D

Call me Jandi.
- - -
"How did you fall from heaven, you morning star, you son of the dawn;
how did you fall to earth, conqueror of people."

Old Posted 11-28-2017, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That's what I used to do, but I found the more detailed character creation got, the less I was inclined to do it that way.
Old Posted 11-29-2017, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #37  
Mostly female if available, though in mmorpg's some of the elf male avatars were pretty handsome androgynous fella's so I'd play as them xD
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Sometimes it depends on a feature I want to use. If something is male or female only, I might play the gender just to get the item.
Old Posted 11-30-2017, 03:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #39  
If I can create my own character I usually play a girl, like in Pokemon or Animal Crossing (man, I remember when Pokemon Crystal came out I was so exited that I could play as a girl finally, haha). If you play as a certain character I just play as whoever I like most or has the best stats.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Either works, I guess male though so I don't end up with really fem items
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbomb View Post
If I can create my own character I usually play a girl, like in Pokemon or Animal Crossing (man, I remember when Pokemon Crystal came out I was so exited that I could play as a girl finally, haha). If you play as a certain character I just play as whoever I like most or has the best stats.
If it's something like Pokemon or a game where you play as character A or B, with no real customization beyond the colour of your hat, then I'll almost always play female. I think that also goes for games where you can only make one character.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oh, haha, I'm just the opposite.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #43  
I guess you could say I'm more likely to play as something closer to 'myself' in those situations, or as close as I can get.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
I usually prefer playing as a female character.
I'm more likely to play as a male character if there is a lot of customization involved, rather than if classes are gender locked (which is absolutely hate, by the way). I'm not really sure why, perhaps because I don't particularly enjoy playing male characters if they are really buff (which I feel gender locked ones often are).
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #45  
That annoys me a little with Divinity: Original Sin. The guy is huge. It's hard to recreate a skinny thief with that!
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Oh yeah I can see that! Female characters are usually not that much better though, they also have "perfect" bodies.
I just like playing as fairly androgynous characters wearing dresses and feminine clothing~

//Side note, but is that a good game? It's on sale rn on steam lol
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
It's a great game! Haven't played the new one, but I've enjoyed it a lot. You can get mods and such, and upload personal pictures for characters, but it's very fun when it comes to battles and such. You can use the terrain and play off spells and such, and your characters gets traits and such according to their interactions.

I like the GW2 character creator because the body shape options are more varied than you normally see, like hip size, bust size, hip to bust size, shoulder to hip, etc. I have three "human" female that all look fairly different in shape.
Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
That annoys me a little with Divinity: Original Sin. The guy is huge. It's hard to recreate a skinny thief with that!
Yeah, I really, really wanted to make Yvon (my dude from Camelot) in Div OS, but, well, seeing as how the male model is like...three times Yvon's mass and volume...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2017, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote