Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default New Forum Layout Feedback Thread   #1  
To see the announcement, please click the link here.

This thread is for feedback on the new forum layout. We understand that this change may not agree with everyone, but we as an admin team felt that it was a good idea for Trisphee in the long run. We have so many forums and subforums which cannot be used to their full potential. Please keep in mind that as Trisphee grows and changes in the future, we will add new forums/subforums and can bring back old forums/subforums that have been combined in this update.

If you have constructive feedback on the new layout, please post it here and we will definitely review it.
Last edited by Sei; 11-22-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old Posted 10-10-2015, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Only thing I would wonder about would be the choice to put "Lifestyles and Issues" into the Central Forum.

Don't know if that would discourage posting there, or encourage help, or encourage overdrama.

Other than that, the Media Combo is interesting. Don't know if it will work well or not (probably will be okay for now regardless, but would get confusing if we had a massive userbase)

The Help and Gamer Tech sections should work well. Heck, with that combo, I could think of a few threads that could fit well there. (Game Easter Eggs, Learn coding for games/mods, How to make old games/programs work, layman's computer/parts advice.)

Fashions and Posting Lab as subforums is a good idea, I think.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #3  
We will definitely be watching the forums to ensure that all transitions are successful. That is one of the more interesting combinations, and we can always see about changing things if it doesn't work. Hopefully it will help spur discussion on all topics, lifestyles or otherwise. *nods*

With how quiet all those forums were, I think a little competition can only help forum activity. If some topic starts to overtake the others, we can split it off into a subforum. The important part is knowing that the content and activity is there.

I always wondered why we split up tech and gamers; we are, afterall, more alike than different. I think that new forum will do really well, and I look forward to posting there myself. *nods*

As for the fashion and posting labs, I couldn't agree more. The landfill (horrible name for a forum section) was just for reference and didn't need to be on the main form. All those forums are now neatly placed in forums for people to see if they want to see them.

Thanks you for your feedback. I really appreciate it, Lawtan! :'D

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Last edited by Sei; 11-22-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
I think the combination of the forums was a smart Idea. However I just have one concern. if we have forums inside forums inside forums are you not worried of having people post things in the wrong place more then usual? I mean having a forum in a forum is understandable but having that forum inside a forum with a sub forum seems a little much to me. Though I could be wrong.

Other then that I completely agree with the merges lol
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #5  
Hey, pinkie! :)

Is there an instance of a sub-subforum here (minus the event archive forums)? If there is, it probably shouldn't be. The lowest any forum should really go unless it is for a very niche topic is subforums.

What I meant to say was that if, let's say, music starts to dominate the media forum and it's hard to find threads on other topics for a significant amount of time (to rule out spikes in activity) - in that case, we would split the music topics off into a music subforum to allow other topics to breathe. If the subforum were to grow large enough that it would need it's own sub-subforums, then we as admins would discuss promoting the forum to a main forum. It's kind of a weird forum evolution of sorts.

If I misunderstood your concern, pinkie, let me know. I want to make sure I answer it in a satisfactory manner. *nods*

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Last edited by Sei; 11-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Oh yeah no I understand that Sei dear. I guess this is what confused me...

Quote:
The new Art & Writing forum will contain the old Writers' Diary forum, the Writers' Journals subforum, the Art Discussion forum, and its subforum Artist Galleries.
This to me just sounds like a layer of forums. One inside the other, inside another, inside another. Unless im reading it wrong...
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #7  
That was probably just bad phrasing on my part, then. What I meant was:
  • The new Art & Writing forum will be a combination of the old Writers' Diary forum and the Art Discussion forum and will contain the Artist Galleries and Writers' Journals subforums.
I have edited the announcement to include the new explanation. Thanks, pinkie! :3

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Awe...yes see I understand that! Fair enough. Also sorry that might have been me lol I worked last night and havent slept yet...so yeah but it just sounded off to me. Some of the changes happening though I agree with and I often wondered why Gamer Haven and Technology 101 were their own forums. Now they are one! Muahaha.
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #9  
No, it was definitely worded weirdly. It's hard to notice things when your brain knows what it means. xD

I know. This makes me really excited to see how the new communities work together. I think it'll be awesome. *nods*

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Yes and easier for clean up to when its needed besides going through all the individual forums
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #11  
My only suggestions:

I don't know how I feel about Fashion trends becoming a subforum.
However, I think this can easily be remedied if there was a contest sub forum added to charities/quest forum. Most of the threads in that sub forum are contests anyways.

Central Square could use current events sub forum/things in the news. (Unless we want to avoid real life conversations.)

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Well, the idea at the moment is if you wanna make a thread about current events, you post it in Central Square. :)
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
Haven't used it much yet, but what sticks out to me is the combination of the entertainment forums and the moving of the lifestyles and issues forums. Personally, I'd rather things be better organized than full, so that topics are easier to find, especially if I'm just looking around for newer material rather than searching for a thread I've seen before. If I felt like looking for book stuff, I didn't have to sift through movies and music while I was at it. I would almost be inclined to mix books and writing rather than with the rest of "entertainment." If the forums do get busier, are things going to change again?

The lifestyles and issue forum I think should be separate or a sub-forum, mainly because it can deal with heavy topics which some people might not want to see in daily forums. It also provides a place where people can post their concerns without others potentially telling them to stop complaining for the same reason. I imagine Central Square as like the food court at a mall, while the life styles and issues forum would be a specific cafe.
Old Posted 11-23-2015, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
I'm not a fan of the subforums in Trisphee Storybook. Perhaps categorize them by year? It's too bulky... Having that many subforums under 1 forum should be a crime.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-23-2015, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #15  
I do like some of it being squashed down and merged, instead of every little thing being stretched out. I mean yeah it's going to take a bit to get used to, I'm going to be the old man shaking my cane for a bit, but, eh...I can deffo go with it.

My only real issue, like Quiet brought up, is the Lifestyle section. I do feel like it should be its own section, seeing as it dealt with a lot of sensitive emotional issues that might not be suitable for a general discussion area.
Old Posted 11-23-2015, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
The plan is that if one of these new forums gets too busy with a specific type of conversation, then it'll be split off. So, as activity increases, the number of different forums (and/or subforums) will increase again. As it stood before, many of the forums had posts from 2013 still on the first page...that's kind of bad, and shows they didn't need to be separate at all.
Old Posted 11-23-2015, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote