Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
I pre-ordered my switch and got a $10 gift certificate from best buy which i had out towards my purchase for the game. Alongside gamers club unlocked.

So I'm only paying $40 for Breath of the Wild for Switch.

Now I just need to figure out what other game I should buy day 1. (Bomberman looks pretty fun.)

Old Posted 01-14-2017, 07:15 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
I saw the release date yesterday and was shaking my husband about getting it for me for a late anniversary present, since it is too far past my birthday XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 01-14-2017, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
I got Gamestop's big bundle, so I got five games for $40 each.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-14-2017, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I got Gamestop's big bundle, so I got five games for $40 each.
What games are you getting?

I'm thinking of picking up Bomberman (granted the developer and publisher is Konami so I'm not sure if I should avoid buying it because you know. I don't want to be supporting evil. But it's Bomberman T_T)

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
The bundle comes with Breath of the Wild, Redout, Binding of Isaac, 1-2 Switch, and Has Been Heroes. Not 100% the collection of games I wanted -- BoI and HBH I wasn't especially interested in -- but I can see about trade value, and it got me the Switch with the neon controllers because every other way to get one was sold out. (I would much rather have gotten Just Dance and MK8 Deluxe.)

Then again, perhaps I should play BoI, considering I've done work for the publisher in the past.

I'm also TOTALLY looking forward to Puyo Puyo Tetris. That looks like FUN.

And if it makes you feel better, Bomberman is a Hudson Soft property, and Konami acquired the whole company. I'm looking forward to that too. It might end up being the best Bomberman game since Saturn.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 04:33 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Just shared this on Facebook but I think it's worth mentioning here:

Quote:
"Best Buy is having a $25 off $100 if you use Visa Checkout. There is no limit so you can do multiple orders. (You have to sign out for Visa Checkout which just requires a credit card.)

This also stacks with Gamers Club Unlocked which already takes 20% off all video games.

The deal also includes Pre-Orders, so 20% off a $60 then once you meet $100, another $25 off. And free shipping/store pickup.

Great time to make all those Nintendo Switch Pre-Orders, pick up games that are out or about to get out. Or just buy general electronics/appliances."
Excluding the Amiibo I used to bump my purchases up to 100+ the average rate for the games is $40 each. This includes all pre-orders.

But requires the purchase of the $30 Gamers Club Unlocked (it's 20% off all games for 2 years.)
And a credit card to use Visa Checkout. (I already have a visa, but I'm told master card and discover work.)

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 05:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #23  
Am I the only one who waits to get the game and the system when it's not in rush (pre orders)? When getting the game later is easier to get.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-16-2017, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
If the Wii and the NES Classic Edition are any indication... there isn't going to be a "later" where it'll be easier to get until next year.

Old Posted 01-16-2017, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #25  
I have the same sentiments as coda on that XD even used sells for barely 5 bucks under new price sometimes

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 01-16-2017, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
So has anyone played the game yet? I'm dying to know, but have been avoiding watching videos of gameplay as much as possible XD

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 03-11-2017, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #27  
I haven't played it myself but I have a friend who has it. He really likes the game. I'd love to get it myself, someday.
Old Posted 03-11-2017, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My wife and my son are both playing it, and I'm helping out when I can. It's beautiful.

Old Posted 03-12-2017, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #29  
I'm in love with it. I've spent way too much time exploring so far though...
nighty's sig in under construction.
Old Posted 03-12-2017, 06:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
I'm absolutely loving it, currently shrine hunting so I can have enough hearts to pull out the master sword. It'll be nice to have a weapon that doesn't actually break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 03-13-2017, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #31  
I'm really close to finishing most of the content, overall I really dislike the weapon durability, stamina meter, and I think the world is just a little too big for it's own good. I'm not a fan of these empty pockets in the world.

Old Posted 03-14-2017, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've come to like the weapon durability, even if it is Hylian Convenient. It's actually a very significant point of game balance. If weapons didn't break, you could sneak into Hyrule Castle early in the game, pick up the Royal Guard's Shield and a couple of late-game weapons, and be set for the whole game. But instead, that only gives you a short-term benefit, making you have to either try to complete the game right then and there (good for speedrunning) or you have to save it for the harder fights lest you break it using it to mow down trash.

The alternative would have been to gate the better gear behind artificial checkpoints, but that would have made the game too linear.

And I rather like the stamina system, too. It lets you do interesting things that the developers would have simply had to deny you entirely if it wasn't there. Teleporting and mounts are there for overland travel; stamina is there to keep you from spamming charge attacks and bypassing stuff by climbing mountains before you're supposed to be able to. (And putting charge attacks on a cooldown is just a different kind of stamina.) And as stamina systems go, this one is quite generous; it recharges quickly, you can raise your maximum fairly easily, you can restore it and augment it with food that's available early on (Staminella is very common), and you can push yourself past your limits for an additional boost right at the end.

Yes, the two systems are RESTRICTIVE, but they're MEANT to be. The game wouldn't be nearly as good without them. They're an essential part of the game's polish.

Old Posted 03-14-2017, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote