Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #17  
The character I've gotten the furthest with in the first one is a deprived character, which is also my first character. owo So I'm doing a dex/stamina build with a splash of magic and some vitality. So I usually use a shield and a fast blade. I liked using hidden body and hidden weapon on some of the black knights. x'D

Old Posted 08-31-2016, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I believe they've released the trailer for the first DLC? I haven't watched it myself yet. In 1 and 2 I've always played the "flaming swordsman" type of character. And I absolutely love the moveset of the Farron Greatsword.

I'm hoping they'll add 1 or 2 cool new Pyro spells when it releases. I'm looking forward to dying to a boss 100 times and then pretending I face-rolled it when people ask how it was.
Old Posted 08-31-2016, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #19  
I think I've seen it, though it did show some things that were in the game already. Like the storm guy, you can get to him without the DLC.

Old Posted 09-01-2016, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
It was showing off more of the new skills and armors/weapons more than anything.

Yes, alistar there will be a few new pyromancies and other spells to tinker with!

Side note- i started a new mage and oh my... I took the first boss out in 4-5 hits without even a small scratch
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 09-01-2016, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #21  
Sorcery has always been pretty OP if I remember right. XD I dunno why I don't roll more sorcery. Those Crystal Soul spears do SO much damage. I just can't give up my pretty flamey pew-pews. >.<
Old Posted 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Im flying through...I like it but i dont. Its frustrating that it took me so long on my warrior build. Only to fly through with magics

""

Old Posted 09-01-2016, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #23  
I tried with a full-mage, I felt kinda the same way. I just can't get beyond how much I love my current set. I'm pretty set with it. The only way I can see it changing is if one of the new fire spells is just so good I have to have it.

But I roll with Farron Greatsword/Dancer's Blades, and I always have Chaos Fireball. I have enough Faith for Sunlight Spear, so I take that and the spell that removes status effects. Other than that it's Power Within and Warmth.
Old Posted 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I don't know if anyone's still playing this, but I need to vent.

So I'm on like my 8th playthrough now doing a dex/int build with Friede's greatscythe, and for a while it was going really well. Iudex, Vordt, Tree, Sage, Deacons, Abyss Watchers, and Wolnir all went down in one try each.

And then I just spent 7 hours and over 100 deaths on Pontiff goddamned Sulyvahn. I don't know what it is about that guy, but he is absolutely the hardest boss in the entire series for me. Nameless King is a joke comparatively.

So it was basically just hours upon hours of muscle-memorizing every single little goddamned twitch move he would make so I could perfect dodge. Ended up running both carthus rings and chloranthy with 26% weight for maximum ninja. By the end of it, I was pretty damned good at dancing around him but it just took forever. I don't know if they buffed his health/defense, or what, but I seriously had to whack him over 50 times with my scythe to finally kill him.

And from reading around online, apparently most people have a pretty easy time with him. I guess a shield really helps, but I'm allergic to those. Anybody else have a boss like that from this series?
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-13-2016, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #25  
Other than the namless king, I would have to say the dragon slayer armor

""

Old Posted 12-13-2016, 04:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I do have a hard time with Dragonslayer Armor sometimes, which is annoying because he seems like a really easy boss, he only has like five different attacks, but his reach and aggression can definitely catch me off-guard at times.

Also Blackflame Friede in the DLC was another one that gave me an insanely hard time. The first two phases are pretty easy for me, but I'm just so afraid of her in her final form that I can almost never get a hit in on her before she inevitably kills me. So far I've only beaten her with Chaos Vestige spam, which feels a little like cheating.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-13-2016, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #27  
It's not cheating if the game lets you, its more a matter of pride that makes you think that. I personally don't have DS3 but I do know in general that boss is pretty hard to kill.

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
See i agree with DSA not being that hard to track, my issue is i always circle the bosses looking for openings its my method and with dsa the area is so limited 90% of the time his attacks throw me off the edge. I unfortunately broke my copy of ds right before i was about to purchase the new dlc this week, I feel over while trying to switch out games because i hot extremely light headed due to a medical issue...

And poof...Gone

""

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #29  
Oh, that's awful, I'm sorry to hear that. The DLC was a little short, but the boss is one of the best of all time.

I think I've only been knocked off by the DSA once or twice, he usually gets me with his shield, at least until I perfect-memorize his patterns.

And yeah, about things feeling cheap to me, I came to the conclusion last night that I really do make this game harder on myself than I probably need to. There's a lot of strategies I just refuse to use cause they feel like they circumvent the boss mechanics to me. I always want to be able to beat them by outplaying them at their own game, learning their attacks and then dodging/punishing... which usually leads to me getting pasted over and over. :P
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Ive seen, Well i guess more read, About a certain boss that has three staged which is the one im guessing you mentioned qnd from the sound of what i have heard of that boss im glad i started a mage xD

""

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 03:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #31  
She has three forms you have to fight in a row like the Nameless King, the first one is pretty fair, she's easily stagger-able and her only real trick is going invisible and trying to backstab you. The second form adds a second boss to the encounter, but they share a lifebar. Once you learn the patterns of the new boss, it's pretty simple to bait him into a corner and devastate his health.

But the third form. *shudders* She gets resurrected by the abyss-flame and just goes completely insane. Every single hit is practically a 1-shot and she's insanely fast and hard to read. And she has this execution grab where she basically just scissorses your head off with her two scythes that is... admittedly, worth seeing at least once. :P

I still want to beat her on an up-close character, but I haven't managed it yet.

Oh, and in all of her forms she has this ridiculously-huge ice field aoe that frostbites you and then explodes for massive damage. It's super annoying to deal with.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
My friend was hunting down the new spells, one of them is like what the tree ladies do, and he was telling me about a faith spell he's got that throws a disc. So an invader tries to kill him, he uses the spell, guy dodges spell. What the invader apparently didn't realize is that the disc comes back like a boomarang, and if you can catch it correctly you can keep throwing it for a while. XD That invader was dumbfounded, getting killed by the light disc. XD

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote