Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

One Fish
Default What Was The First Game (DS) That You Ever Had?   #1  
Mine was Zelda on a DS Lite. I lost it a week after I got it, but then again I couldn't get past one part anyway because at that age I didn't know to look for switches and stuff to get out. Nor was I sure how to use a weapon. XD
Please click the egg(s) below!

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 10:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I don't remember what my first DS game was. XD I'm sure Tetris DS was among them?

I DO remember what the first game I bought with my own money was, though -- Super Mario Land for Game Boy. I have a very clear memory of digging my fingers into the shrink wrap in the car despite my father telling me to wait until I got home.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 01:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Oh man, I don't remember. It might've been Pokemon Diamond. I'm pretty sure FFCC EoT was also gotten pretty early on.

My first-ever game? That would be Spyro: Season of Ice for the GBA/SP. I think that game actually came with the SP my mom had bought for me (Xmas gift); it was probably worth, what, $5 at the time and used as a test cartridge.

...I don't think I ever beat it. I should get back to that, huh.

EDIT: And then I bought FFIV Adv shortly after and holy shit RPGs.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
@Coda Oh gosh I love Tetris. To this day I still play it on my father's phone often.
@Espy Pokemon Diamond was actually the first legit game I took seriously and didn't lose. I had this amazing Staraptor, too. She was awesome.
Then my little sis sold it as Gamestop. >:C !!!

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
What, how dare she!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
I know, right? She knew Aerial Ace and Brave Bird and AUGH... Just thinking about it makes me angry.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
Makin' me feel old here, folks.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
@ Coda Heyyyy I played Mario too. XD

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 06:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  

This one? Unless you're older than I'm giving you credit for, there's a very distinct chance it was released before you were even born. >.> Or at least while you were in diapers.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Ohhhh no, not that one. Oh gosh. ll'D That is very old.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
So mean to me *cries and hides in corner*

Just kidding

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
My first ever game was Pokemon Yellow. Still not as old as Mario, sorry Coda.

My first DS games were Pokemon Pearl and Scribblenauts. Got 'em at the same time, but I never did finish Scribblenauts.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #13  
@Coda

Nuuu don't be sad. :'l

@Lucid:
At one point I had scribblenauts as well! I loved to make whack things with random words.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 06:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
My first ds game erm...I have no idea I had minish cap on the sp/ gba though that was pretty fun
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #15  
Minish Cap? What was it about?
I've never heard of that one before.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 10:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Hm.. pretty sure my first DS game was the Nintendo Dogs and Cats. Me and my mom put deposits down to get the DS systems cause only color you could get was silver at the time when they first came out and she bought all the Nintendo Dogs/Cats that came out the same day, believe it was two different expansions for both.

A few years ago for Christmas, my family bunched together and got me a Pearl/Rose Pink DS lite (the pink ds lites sold pretty quick, me and my mom located one at the local Wal-Mart and to save herself the hassle, she just ended up buying it so I could get it for X-mas. Believe I choose a few games to go with it as well, Golden Sun or the second Golden Sun came out around that time, cause I had a choice between it or Fire Emblem and my mom ended up bringing over Fire Emblem to me from the States cause I ended up wanting it and the prices for a new game were so high that she won me an used one off of Ebay as well as an used Kingdom Hearts.)

My first ever GB games would be Pokemon Red/Blue and Yellow. My parents bought me the gameboy pocket and the three games as a gift. I ended up having three pokemon yellows cause my dad brought home another gameboy pocket (same color as mine) and a gameboy color which had the pokemon yellow cartridges in them. Also got Super Mario Bros and another game that way, can't remember cause I know it was the system before the DS and the old black and white gameboy before the pocket cause I have the huge gameboy here as well to play Pokemon Pinball cause the DS won't play it. XD Huge fail there.. but I seldom play the pinball, so the older gameboy rarely has batteries in it.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Last edited by Chloe; 01-17-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old Posted 01-17-2015, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote