Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Default Mystic Messenger   #1  
Heard a lot about it (addictive, interesting characters, etc.) and went and downloaded it for my phone it looks like it's going to become a guilty pleasure for me. I love anime guys, and I love the reverse-harem type situations of dating sims. I can't use the college WiFi on my phone though so it'll have to wait until I go home for the summer. Just as well 'cause I can't handle both college and addiction lol.

Have you heard of/played it? What do you think of it?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 07:53 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
I used to play that game--and never finished because the app just stopped working and I couldn't log in anymore..nor could I sign up another account.

I might try downloading it again come summertime? But most likely I won't because the game basically ruins my sleep schedule x'D.

I like otome games, but I prefer binge playing so Mystic Messenger's playstyle is hard for me to continue with.
I still occasionally browse fanart for the game though <3

Old Posted 05-09-2017, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #3  
Well I'm a bit late to the discussion butttt.... I absolutely love Mystic Messenger! I've played through all the routes and the DLC, and my top favourite characters are Unknown, Jumin, and Zen <33

I think part of why I love the game so much is that it's helped me with making quite a bit of friends (due to joining a group chat for it) so it reminds me of these awesome people that I've gotten really close to thanks to it :O
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I have never heard of the game before, and seeing as how we are now in June, I think it is safe to ask if you have played it. Are the guys appealing? Are they eye candy, or average looking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 06-10-2017, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #5  
I've only played the beginning but..
The guys are pretty (because the art is pretty?). I guess the one girl is too.

Have a pic!

Old Posted 06-12-2017, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
So, I downloaded out of curiosity and joneatly? The guys are just kind of generic anime style "pretty boys" in my opinion. But the personalities are what make it fun.

Edit: I would also like to add that, while the chatting stuff is kind of fun, I hate how if you miss a conversation because of work or sleeping, you have to unlock it. And it's really kind of tough to get enough hourglasses to unlock all the ones you miss if you can't afford to spend money on the game.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 06-20-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old Posted 06-15-2017, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #7  
So, since making this thread I've played several of the routes, so I'm coming back to the discussion to comment-
They are typical anime boys in terms of looks, but definitely appealing. I may be biased because I prefer bishonen- but even so. I do think Zen's art is drawn exceptionally, so I'll share a couple. I'll put the pics in spoilers since they're quite large:

It's not your average dating sim, the characters are interesting and so is the story. I recommend it as worth playing, although I agree with Triste, it's difficult to play through if you can't afford to spend money on it. The chatrooms open at certain times throughout the day, according to your timezone, so that it feels like you're living your day alongside the characters. If you miss a chatroom, as in if the next chatroom opens (usually an hour or two later) before you play it, it's locked and you have to unlock it. And if you go on to the next day without finishing the previous day's chats, those chats can't be unlocked.

There are guides online for info on when the chatrooms open on each day, but it's troublesome to do every chatroom before the next one opens. I was able to do it because I started playing the game during my summer holidays. (I have three routes left and I'm nearing the end of my holidays, so I'm going to finish the game the next time I have a long break from college.) Also because I could buy some hourglasses.
Old Posted 07-18-2017, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I finally decided to try it a few days ago. And then I realized there's no way to play as non-female. And backed out of that pretty fast.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-19-2017, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #9  
True :( I like that there's same-sex romance in the Jaehee route but I don't like that it's only implied whereas with the guys, it's explicit.

It's sad, but the game was intended for a mostly Korean audience, and if they had made it gender and sexuality neutral its distribution would have suffered. Reminds me of the Chinese BL, A Round Trip to Love, which was forced to change its good end to a tragic one by the Board.

Of course, it's likely Cheritz never thought about making the game neutral... but the Jaehee route has people wondering.
Old Posted 07-19-2017, 05:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Yeah, I'm slowly getting more comfortable w playing female characters again. I guess finally being more comfortable with /yourself/ does that. But like...romance stuff is still weird af for me because lol ace/aro, which is why I went nope.

Ah well. There were a lot of people saying how fun the game is and I wanted to try, but I guess I'll just stick to watching playthroughs for now.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-19-2017, 04:26 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #11  
Finally started playing near the end of the anniversary update, so yay for free stuff to unlock with xD!
It's a shame all the pics have a female person since one of the dialogue options in the beginning have "I'm not a girl" as a choice.

I played the yellow haired boy's route first (Yoosung) then felt summer vacation's end creeping up and started the Deep Story mode...I wanted to play Jumin's route first but couldn't bring myself to be mean to Seven yet so I got on his route instead >_<

Interestingly enough, this game is fixing my sleeping schedule, since they give from around 3 AM something to 8 or 9 AM to sleep.

Old Posted 07-19-2017, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Yeah, and yet I've seen screenshots of people who put different profile pics. I don't know if that's a feature you can unlock with hourglasses or what, I've never been able to figure it out. Anyway, it doesn't matter because when you have to play through a part in visual novel mode, you're a girl. And even when you pick 'I'm not a girl' Seven does a background checks and says you are a girl, so it's supposed to be a troll option rather than an assertion :/

Lol out of the three available player profile pics you know the one with the short hair? I was playing Yoosung's route and I sent a screenie of a chat to my friend. She misgendered us, switched our genders and then when later Yoosung goes on about how he wants to be more manly (And I'm crying inside like dude I don't want him to be!) and I screenied that and sent it to her and told her 'This is all your fault'

Oh wow *tries to imagine your normal sleep schedule*

@Espy: I can play any gender (roleplaying ftw) so I'm fine with otome as well as yaoi dating sims. But I do have preferences.
Walkthroughs work, lol. It does have a good story in that stuff is foreshadowed well, and some of the humour I really enjoy.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 07-20-2017, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #13  
Poor Yoosung x'D!

They let you put different profile pics. If you have it updated, tap on your character's thumbnail then tap on the photo of the MC, then you'll see a button near the "use default pics" to use your own pics. If you don't have it updated, go to the cog icon and I think it'll be near there somewhere.

My normal sleeping schedule is:
sleep at 2-5 PM
wake up at 10 PM - 12 AM
It's too nice and quiet at night to not be a night owl ^^;;

Old Posted 07-23-2017, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
@Potironette: OT but I love your current avi! Soooo pretty
I see ^^
I can't play rn because college. I miiight catch up on one route, probably Jimin's, over the midsemester break IF they don't load me with holiday homework.

ohhhh also

@EVERYONE
V'S ROUTE WAS RELEASED DIDJA HEAR?!?!
I'm on the fence about playing it because I'm sure it would be an unpleasant experience; but after I saw this screenie my collegemate who's playing it sent me, I feel like I'll eventually end up playing it:

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Last edited by daikokunyo; 09-19-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old Posted 09-17-2017, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote