Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #65  
If you're willing to do the research, open Device Manager and you can dig through your hardware tree to figure out what specific devices you have. That should also tell you what version of the driver you have if you keep poking.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-28-2017, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I can only find information from the Toshiba website, not the broadcom one....because I tried contacting the broadcom website and they say they don't deal with it.

The Toshiba one says I'm updated I think...like drivers are newer by like one day on one of them that I don't have, but it has a lower number.

The driver date says nov 2015....but the driver on toshiba say sept 2016
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 02-28-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old Posted 02-28-2017, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #67  
Yes, officially, the chipset manufacturer doesn't provide support for OEM-distributed hardware, and technically you're on your own here. Even I can't really support you here; if you want to experiment with this, it's on you, and the possibility does exist that you might knock yourself online with no good way to get back online (find a copy of the original driver's installer so you can roll back while offline!).

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-01-2017, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
They actually told me to go to this other website that seems to be the same friggin website so I'd end up with them anyway.

I'm just afraid to uninstall the driver and reboot D: I'd rather have internet that kicks me than no internet at all, you know? (Do you remember my posts about a linux computer doing this, but way more often? I never did find a fix for that, but linux is complicated D: )

It kicks me now and switches to ethernet which I don't have and the adapter must be reset for it to work again. This used to never happen -le sigh-

I wish there was a website with a list of optimized settings for my adapter XD
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 03-02-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old Posted 03-01-2017, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #69  
I changed the power setting back, but it still kicks me entirely, but reconnects which is an improvement.
Old Posted 03-04-2017, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, now you know why that setting is set the way it was.

Old Posted 03-05-2017, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #71  
Well, I googled, and usually that setting, while plugged in, there's a battery setting that sets it to be disabled so maybe the two disableds was making it worse? Idk
Old Posted 03-05-2017, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote