Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #401  
That's true.

You also don't have to necessarily make efforts to 'help.' I've had some hard times lately and my preference is honestly for people to leave me alone about it. It's enough to know that someone is concerned or that they want to help, rather than that person needing to do anything specific.

It's also fine just to say that you don't know what to say. It can be enough to have another voice or an ear on the other end of a phone call.
Old Posted 10-04-2018, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Bride-fucking-zilla who doesn't seem to actually know how she wants her layout to be and had changed it once already AND is still asking for things different from what she previously wanted. Ugh.
Old Posted 10-05-2018, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #403  
I learned from my eye doctor today that I have mild Nonproliferative Retinopathy... which means I'm probably going to be blind in a few years.
Old Posted 10-05-2018, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
I learned from my eye doctor today that I have mild Nonproliferative Retinopathy... which means I'm probably going to be blind in a few years.
You caught it early, then, which means it's treatable. Any vision loss you've already experienced is generally irreversible, but if you keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol under control you can stave off future degradation. There's some possible complications that I'm sure your doctor has already talked to you about, of course, but saying you're probably going to be blind is like giving up on trying -- you really shouldn't do that; things like this, you need to have the attitude that you're going to beat it, or you won't.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-05-2018, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #405  
Jammed my thumb last night and it's pretty sore today mainly just when bending or moving it. Doesn't look swollen though, so I'm sure it'll be okay in a couple days.
Old Posted 10-08-2018, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
When it rains, it bloody pours. >_<

So... Friday I was getting settled in at work, trying to finally get caught up on a project that keeps getting back-burnered behind "have to fix this RIGHT NAO!!!11" things.

No sooner have I gotten my computer switched over to that part of the project than I get a message from our data analyst saying that our internal reporting is horribly broken and we can't generate invoices. At first I figure it's a simple enough bug to fix, but then the rabbit hole opened up and it looks like I might have to rewrite a significant part of the code -- oh yeah, and our analyst is going on vacation Saturday so I have to get this done ASAP.

I'm a few hours into this, already pushing a bit into overtime (it's like 5:30 PM), when we get ANOTHER message from our partners saying that they haven't received any booking requests all day and there are people that are supposed to be getting on airplanes in a couple hours that need to have hotel rooms when they land. Well THAT'S a five-alarm fire and so there's me (the product's primary engineer and team lead), the company's chief engineer, the company's IT infrastructure lead, the project manager, and the company's CIO that's also acting as the project's QA lead all frantically shifting gears to figure out what's broken.

In the meantime I discover that our client thinks we might be overcharging them so they want to see a diagram of our system to prove that it isn't some simple thing that they would have been better off building themselves... oh, and they need that diagram by Monday because there's a big meeting.

I managed to get the five-alarm fire put out around 10PM and I went back to trying to get the metrics report fixed, but around 1AM the project manager says it's too late because the analyst isn't going to have time to process it before he goes on vacation -- they're just going to have to play PR for a few days to keep the partners happy.

So I end up losing my Saturday because not only do I still have to make that diagram and follow up on the bugs from the previous day, but I still have to take care of all of the household duties that got neglected Friday because I was working all day. I end up missing out on fighter practice (something I look forward to every week because it's pretty much the only time I can get some physical exercise in).

I actually manage to get some rest on Sunday, but today I get into work only to find out that the fix from Friday night itself has a bug in it and it's another mad scramble to get THAT fixed -- oh, and also the cats peed on the carpet and the pharmacy wants $400 because the insurance didn't cover a prescription.

That bug is fixed, and I've called the insurance company to get the prescription issue taken care of (and wouldn't you know it they're having a system outage of their own) but I have to get that metrics report done today after all, so the first project -- now over three weeks overdue -- is getting pushed out AGAIN... and the carpet still needs cleaning.

I'm exhausted.

EDIT: ... and I'm just about out of Mountain Dew, too.

EDIT 2: ... and we had a power outage a few hours ago, didn't think too terribly much of it at the time... but now my server won't come back online. Wonderful.

EDIT 3: I think it's dead... >_< Bloody heck. This is just fantastic. I USE this thing, and I'm not even getting a video signal out of it when I hook it up to a monitor.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-08-2018, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #407  
(I feel like all my awfuls are so f-ing petty rn.)
Forgot to re-pack a book in my bag, so I have nothing to do on break and there aren't really any posts to reply to on here either, so I'm really bored. XP
Old Posted 10-08-2018, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
taco dust

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 10-08-2018, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #409  
When you believe in mobile game gachas and are unlucky. ;u; Sighhhh </3

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-10-2018, 04:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Apparently I have asthma, which is making getting over bronchitis SUPER FRIGGIN HARD. My lungs are still irritated from being sick, and it's setting off the goddamn asthma.
Also, I've thought for a long while that I couldn't hear well due to wax blockage in my ears-- nope! Just don't frigging hear for crap.
I'm half blind in one eye, half deaf, asthmatic and crippled. FML.

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 10-11-2018, 08:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #411  
I had an ear infection a few days ago, so that makes wearing headphones for long periods of time a little painful, but I'm used to it. Somewhat.

Also my hands hurt. I'm pretty sure that hands aren't supposed to hurt.

Oh, and the harddrive on a laptop we have is going. Boot Managers galore.
Old Posted 10-11-2018, 10:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Spent the last two days in meetings while my wife has been suffering because our insurance company denied coverage for the increased dosage of her medication. She's been dealing with withdrawal symptoms while she's trying to yell at everyone involved, but she can't get ahold of anything but voicemail and answering services.

I keep telling her that she should just drive to the clinic and sit in the lobby giving the staff dirty looks until she gets someone to help her. She doesn't like that idea.

I'm also exhausted myself from all of the work I've had to keep up with lately. I'm so tired that I slept through my alarm this morning and had to drive my son to school late because I didn't wake up until after he was already supposed to have been there.

Old Posted 10-11-2018, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #413  
Aw, man. That sucks. Hopefully your wife gets medication soon.

I don't have the inspiration needed to continue working on a desktop buddy, and all I have to do is re-download notepad++, but for some reason, I've been putting that off because the chemical sponge wants to work on my artwork instead. I've literally improved enough in the art department, so I don't exactly understand why I can't just download notepad++ and start working on things in that desktop buddy.

Chemical sponge is doing stupid things again. Also I'm hungry.

EDIT 1: My eye's irritated. According to my mother, it's because my diet is shit. Like. No. The dressing gown I sleep on probably needs to be washed, mate.
Last edited by Stabbsworth; 10-12-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: i'm allowed to vore pizza.
Old Posted 10-11-2018, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"It's snowing out." Derpy pouts and burrows under a pile of blankets.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 10-13-2018, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #415  
It's not snowing. *wants to switch places with Derpy*
Old Posted 10-14-2018, 04:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Nightmare last night. Worst one in recent months. Wanted to get some rest after a mentally exhausting week. Got nightmare involving stuff I’m more afraid of than dying.

Worse than previous one with all the gore and guilt and fear. Tired of being stabbed in the back, even in dreams. Tired of brain constantly trying to hurt itself.

Easily admit that I’m afraid of losing control of my thoughts and depression and the likes. Nightmare showed me that extends further. Apparently dying would be preferable to being forced to lose all or most cognitive function. Locked in room with gaseous substance that smooths out the folds in your brain. Less surface area. Loss of mental functions.

Can’t sleep. Not sure if insomnia or subconcious effort to stay awake. For someone who doesn’t (?) have PTSD, I have disturbing nightmares. Tired of them. Tired in general.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-14-2018, 06:52 AM Reply With Quote