Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Eh, I do that too, but that's because I organized and shelved books at the local library for years.
I imagine my favourite book store hates me as will start yanking books out of shelves if I see they are packed too tightly the the spines are at risk of warping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatra View Post
This is less a harmless thing, but when I get bored and don't have something to entertain myself/keep my fingers busy I will tear up pieces of paper or repeatedly take ink pens apart and put them back together. Also sometimes if I am around something that is painted and has a little chip missing out of it I will sit there and flake the paint off with my fingernail.
I used to mangle the paper bus transfers when I got them, usually buy rolling them into a ball between my hands, and then straightening them out again, until they would disintegrate. The newer transfers are made of thicker paper so I took that as a challenge.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 05:18 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I get obsessed with symmetry sometimes, like if I step on a division between sidewalk slabs with one foot, I must then do it with other foot or the difference in sensation between my feet bothers me. I grew out of it for the most part, I think. A lot of members in my family display OCD behavior to varying degrees, but I think it's only been a real problem in a couple of cases.

I wonder if some if it wasn't childhood exposure. My mom likes to arranged things in tidy, symmetrical piles, like a stack of magazines being perfectly aligned and square, but not the rest of the items on the table. My brother and I do it too, like we might have picked it up by observation as kids. My sister in law likes to poke the little 'arrangements' and see how long it takes one of us to come by and fix it.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 05:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #19  
I usually wear no shoes all year round. Even in the winter. I mean unless I'm going out of the house to go shopping or something THEN I wear shoes, but most of the time I wear no shoes/socks.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 06:15 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
This goes with the merchandise thing mentioned earlier but I talk to inanimate objects a lot, to the point where my uni room mates would check if I was talking to them or the kettle, if they heard me say something.

Talking to animals is a given.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 06:25 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #21  
If I like a song, I put it on repeat until I get sick of it, and can't enjoy it anymore. 8D

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
At least the kettle whistles back at you when you talk to it.

I do the same thing with songs, bluebird. Drives my husband nuts.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 02:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #23  
Oh yes I'm the same way. I will constantly listen to the song, so much that I basically know it by heart and then get sick of it XD
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I was just playing music for my nephew. Apparently he likes Tenacious D. Unfortunately, he just picked up a few words he probably shouldn't have. Oops.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
If I like a song, I put it on repeat until I get sick of it, and can't enjoy it anymore. 8D
I'm the opposite.... I almost never play the same song twice in a row, hahaha. I guess that could be my silly habit? I just.... can't. I can replay albums, and a small group of songs, but I just can't listen to the same thing twice in a row for whatever reason. :p

Also I like... get obsessions in short bursts. Like I'll be super into something for weeks or months and then I completely lose all interest. It's kinda annoying actually, lol.
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I have that issue where I forget that I'm listening to a song, get mad that I missed the good part, repeat the song, and then do it again.

Though I did once put "Open Arms" by Journey on loop while I napped. Good song. :)
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #27  
I have that problem too, haha. Hooray for ADHD....
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Hey
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Need to say a little more than that, MissK. ;)
Old Posted 12-02-2017, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote