Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Weaver of Webs
Default Mekatra and Spidey Plannings Here And Such   #1  
Welp! Here we go! Okay, so we're doing high fantasy, shades of racism. Should we have the continued war between Strix and Humans be an integral role in our own plot, or will just be one of the aside things? Should there be a larger outside threat? How should we go about this? xD I'm super stoked for this, by the way.
Old Posted 12-22-2017, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I am excited for the prospect of having something with a little more political intrigue than I normally get. <3

Hmm, I kind of plan on my Strix being a trained soldier, but having been pulled away from the war for some reason by something, so it could be an ongoing outside theme. Something that keeps driving them. The Strix aren't actually known for seeking peace, so he probably won't be diplomatic, especially at first. I don't think it's a good plan to directly get them in battle. It will make for a short and bloody roleplay. XD

As for how they end up together it could be a mission gone awry on my Strix's part where they end up getting taken captive or perhaps are wounded in some way to the point that they're at the mercy of your character, or even since humans are constantly warring against each other your character could be taken captive at the same camp they have Zejel held hostage.

So many thoughts and ideas.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-22-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #3  
Oooh yes. I don't know how I didn't see that you'd posted this, but I'm on it now. xD Political intrigue is my jam, particularly if it's the kind that eeks into personal thoughts. Warring regions or even innate hatred of another species is particularly fun because it's nice to see flawed character's jumping hurdles and bettering themselves.

I particularly like the idea of the humans warring against each other and both being held at the same place. They could work together to escape?
Old Posted 12-22-2017, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Painful character development is my jam. <3

Certainly them both being captured and deciding that while they hate each other, working together is really their only viable option, would be fantastic. They'll be expecting the other to betray them at every turn.

What all else would you like to hammer out? I'm kind of a fly by the seat of my pants roleplayer so if you need planned details and stuff you'l have to let me know what you need haha

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 12-22-2017, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #5  
Nah, I don't need planned details unless you need my permission to ask for a major something to happen to my char. Other than that, free game. No god modding, but I'm sure you knew that so really, I'm good. xD

Uh, are you one to make character skellies and choose concept art for your chars and all that jam?
Old Posted 12-22-2017, 04:18 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Some days I feel like I should get "No God-Moding" tattooed on my chest so I can angrily rip my shirt open when other people don't get the hint lol.

I don't do concept art anymore simply because I refuse to use an artist's art without paying them (or at least requesting permission) but I'll gladly do a profile/skeleton for them.

Maybe if this roleplay goes long enough I'll get someone to draw my character lol

Old Posted 12-22-2017, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #7  
Yeah, that does make sense! I've got some things that were done for me that I'd be able to use, but those are more for a sci-fi setting, so I'm fine with just an in-depth description and that can happen in a skelly or in the writing, either or. I just like to try to imagine what a character would look like. xD We do the skellies here or in game? Also, do you want to make the first post or shall I? Will we start with them having already been captured, or rp that part out too? I'm down for whatever. Starting is literally the only planning I generally need. Just...a general layout. xD
Old Posted 12-22-2017, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
We can throw the skellies up here if that's easier. I don't mind whatever character art you use, haha. I can focus on the character appearance and ignore any accessories or clothing they may have if it doesn't fit the setting we've chosen.

I don't mind doing the first post of them bringing him into the camp. That gives you wiggle room of if you want your character to already be caught or him getting caught and brought in after Zejel.

I haven't done a character skelly for a while, so you might wanna let me know what you prefer on them haha

Old Posted 12-22-2017, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #9  
Man, I'm cool even if we don't do that. My character skellies are often lazy and half-assed anyway. I'd say we're about to start this shindig if you wanna throw up the first post! Small questions though, like do you mind swears? And how dark do you wanna get with some of the lore or potential characters? Because I don't mind some of the worst, just knowing what I rp with Sunshine.
Old Posted 12-23-2017, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Well, every other word out of my mouth when I'm not at work is a swear word and I LOVE dark gritty fiction... so as long as we don't violate TOS I'm good! I'll pop a thread up and do a starter here in a bit.

Old Posted 12-23-2017, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #11  
Yes, of course! I wouldn't set out to break the rules. xD My first response is up whenever you're ready!
Old Posted 12-25-2017, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
oh my I almost had a heart attack when I read 'we're doing shades of racism' like wtf are they planning a racist rp??? on my trisphee??? then I kept reading
mdom approved plot 10/10
Old Posted 12-25-2017, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #13  
Yeah, like fantasy based. xD Buuuuut I can see where it can be taken very wrong! Buuuut it makes for a politically rich/intense setting so I'm very excited for this and I'm stoked to be rping with someone new. Now! I just need to get off my butt and write for the other rps. ._.;;;
Old Posted 12-26-2017, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Oh goodness, mdom! That's what you get for snooping lol.

I can see how that might have alarmed you though. Kinda sad you thought we would just be blatantly planning some real life racist stuff though. >.>

Sorry Spider, I'm working on my response, the holidays kinda messed me up.

Old Posted 12-26-2017, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #15  
What are you talking about? I LIIIIIVE FOR RACISM. jk. I really don't. I really, really don't. But in a fantasy setting....it kinda just works. I don't know why that's a common trope, but it is. Haha.

And Meka, I understand completely. The holidays have me messed up as well, and holy schnikeys did it get messed up. The fiance got violently ill with the flu and in my endeavors to get him chicken broth I cut my hand really deep and wound up in the er. So uh, that's my embarrassing er story, lol. Anywho, all is as it should be now and I need to get with it. ^^ But your not posting has not been a concern just yet. Been too busy myself. xD
Old Posted 12-26-2017, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote