Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default   #33  
Lev works for food and munitions. Currency means nothing to him. Resources are everything. He will literally kill a man for a chocolate bar. And he will grin like a schoolboy while eating.

...The chocolate bar, that is.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Hey, chocolate bars must be priceless artifacts this long after the end of the world. Totally understandable.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #35  
Hey, slave-worked cocoa is a huge thing in Africa. In fact, it's where Hershey gets a lot of their chocolate. I believe their statement was "It's not our responsibility to know where the chocolate we purchase comes from". But you go a while without it, the cravings hit you.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I am *sure* the chocolate black market has infiltrated this insanely-militarized postapocalyptic holy city. :P
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #37  
I feel so slow with recreating or at least refilling out the new character form. I've just been really busy this week and have barely been home on my laptop. I'll get to it soon, it'll just take a little while especially since I start college on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it done by Thursday or Friday. @_@

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Whenever you can manage it, Ari. :)
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
So, Salone, you think we'll actually end up fighting? 'cause I had this really sick idea for something Dio could do to Lev, but it might be too over the top with the new version of him if he can't pull Alex Mercer regeneration anymore.

I can always save it for some poor demon that crosses our path, or heaven forbid a Nephilim. We human supremacists do NOT take kindly to their kind.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-01-2013, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Well, he won't regenerate before your eyes, but he'll recover from things he probably shouldn't. Granted, he's not a very forgiving sort and would look for any chance he could to catch Dio when he's weak and murder him, if they were to fight.

Might need to save it for a demon.
Old Posted 09-01-2013, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #41  
Okay, yeah, if he can't do the discorporate-and-reform trick anymore it would be way out of line, was going to go with a psychically-augmented palm strike to the jaw and then as his head rocked back, spray a bunch of holy-water admixed napalm down his throat. :P

In other news, I think I have the first mission Zach wants us to do figured out. We'll see how things go in practice once we get going. Don't want to plan too far ahead.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Daaaaah. I'm still stuck on character designs. This is infuriating.

I figured blades in this time and era could probably be made to cut through both corporeal and spirit-y things, or one or the other, so that's probably the direction I'm taking if it isn't too overpowered. (To balance things out, Dante himself is completely vulnerable to psychic stuff because that cloak probably isn't going to be a thing.)

But I still need a way for him to have acquired the sword in the first place; any ideas?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #43  
Well, keep in mind, most corporeal things are vulnerable to stabbity-stabbing their spirit, so the either/or thing doesn't really work. I wouldn't consider it overpowered, though. Now if he somehow got his hand's on one of the Sariel's swords that can not only do that but is a.) invisible, and b.) absorbs every form of energy in the electromagnetic spectrum (which psychic attacks fall under), *that* would be a little much. :P

And it depends if it's some high-tech cutting-edge piece or an antique. Like I said, pretty much any kind of conceivable weapon is available here for the right price. Or he could have found it raiding some fallen sanctuary or whatnot. Depends on how it works, too, if it's consecrated or psychoactive (you don't have to be a psychic to wield psychoactive weapons, doing so just turns it from "really nice magic sword" to "freaking lightsaber" while your channeling psi into it.)

Or maybe there's some alloy that's been discovered that has an astral presence and allows the weapon to affect incorporeal beings. (Milton uses Ether, Adamant, and Electrum to describe angelic weaponry, if that helps at all...)

Or it could even be something like a katana that has a theurgic laser lining its edge, which would have the same effect.

About all I can think of for now.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...Let me sketch it out, and I'll see what I can do about it.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-01-2013, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #45  

I mean, the smaller one is definitely doable. It'd just be a one- or two-piece alloy blade that can replace the HCN that Dante used to carry around. Has no non-physical component whatsoever.

The larger one (collapsible) is more problematic as to where the hell he'd pick it up from. Definitely not on par with a "freaking lightsaber" because he just isn't capable of that sort of psychic ability, but it's more than *just* a sword.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-02-2013, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I'm leery of collapsible swords, having owned a few, they really lack the structural integrity of forged blade, mostly good for surprise. Not to mention if I understand the design right, he'd have to construct it at the beginning of a fight, no? Unless he feels like lugging it around put together. I'm assuming those cutouts on the back edge are to reduce weight and improve handling? Should make it at least usable without being a superhuman.

The second one is a lot more elegant to me, though why not give him both? I don't think you'd even need an explanation for the small one, it should be pretty simple to come by a weapon like that. As for the big one... maybe he got it from artificer friend/contact at some point? They're the ones who'd make something like that. Or it could have belonged to a demon maybe, some kind of hell-steel?
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-02-2013, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #47  
It should have worked as more of a wrist/arm flicking motion, and the individual piece lock into place on sliders, but yeah, structural integrity is a downside.

Or it could just be not collapsible and probably draw funny looks due to its rather intricate design XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-03-2013, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Out of curiosity, how *big* is that sword? Cause it looks kind of buster-sword sized to me, just wondering if Dante's even strong enough to wield it. :P
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-03-2013, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote