Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #881  
>xD Lol! You're welcome then.
Now Karen has to get a new microwave. B] How'd it end up outside in a dumpster fire? *shrug* No one knooowws. /xD

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
hehehee~ i certainly won't say
Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #883  
-picks nose- where did'ja go?
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 02:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Oh. O-O; My bad. I totally forgot I had a hangout. <x'D
I didn' go nowhere. >u< *stretches* Except maybe to sleep.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 06-15-2020, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #885  
oh man, how did'ja manage that? XD
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Uhhhh, <8] The Twilight Zone? *shrug*
<x] Not sure lol.

Old Posted 06-15-2020, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #887  
i'm watching the Twilight Zone! (i mean, i have three episodes left of Space Force, and i still have a current show on wednesday nights that i have to actually watch last week's episode. oh, and i have a show that airs on Hallmark channel that i have to watch from last night too. XD)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 02:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Eyyyy! xD Right on! Twilight Zone! Yeah! Nice! I hope you're enjoying it, whichever episode you're on! :}
:D My brother is watching Space Force. x} He says it's pretty funny!

Old Posted 06-15-2020, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #889  
when i get back to TZ, i'm up to 2x19 - still the b&w ones!

i have three eps left of Space Force, and it IS funny. the funniest thing, i think, is that Netflix and actual Space Force are in a trademark battle! XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i haven't seen that in forever, haha. i only partially remember the little devils that tell your fortune one
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #891  
i remember a few from the originals, and one from the 80s. my plan it watch all of 'em - the 60s, 80s, there was a run of a season in 2002-03, and a new one that season 1 was just last year. I've already seen like 4 that i really remember - The Monsters Are Due on Maple Stree; Skin Deep ( think that was the title); one where the guy is a total bookworm and has all the time in the world to read; and another where the guy and his friend crash on Mars, his friend dies, but the people on Mars are soooooper-nice to him... for an interesting reason!

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 04:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I FINALLY SAW AN EPISODE OF TWILIGHT ZONE!

It was the one with William Shatner, in the plane with the gremlin thing.
My dad loves that episode!

It kinda made me feel strange because I have had experiences like that. I don't "see things", per se, but have had very strong beliefs about certain things and everyone around me says that it's not possible for XYZ to be happening (or impossible to have happened at all) and since I've been hospitalized several times for mental health reasons, my family, usually my mom, will patronize me exactly like William Shatner's character's wife did...

It was a good episode, though!
But gave me a weird feeling, you know?
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #893  
ooh right. i saw the remake of that one, when they made the TZ movie in the early 80s. i think William Shatner was in the remake too.

there was another early one with Shatner - his character has just gotten married, and the two of them were on their way to their honeymoon, and the car needed to be repaired. so while that was happening, they went over to the diner across the street, and on one of the tables was a "fortune teller" machine - ask it a question, give it a penny, and it gives you an "answer." like all TZ episodes, it had a weird twist to it. heh

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
that is totally understandable
Old Posted 06-15-2020, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #895  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
i remember a few from the originals, and one from the 80s. my plan it watch all of 'em - the 60s, 80s, there was a run of a season in 2002-03, and a new one that season 1 was just last year. I've already seen like 4 that i really remember - The Monsters Are Due on Maple Stree; Skin Deep ( think that was the title); one where the guy is a total bookworm and has all the time in the world to read; and another where the guy and his friend crash on Mars, his friend dies, but the people on Mars are soooooper-nice to him... for an interesting reason!
:D There are a few episodes from the 80's remake that are quite interesting. And it progressed to more than 2 seasons, which is more than could be said about the 2002 remake. >->; I enjoyed it at the time, but realized later it did not do justice to the original show, and is regarded as the most hated of the remakes.

The bookworm guy one you're describing is Time Enough At Last. :D A classic and a personal favorite.
And the other one with the two astronauts on Mars meeting the nice Martians is People Are Alike All Over. >w> Fun fact, the Living Room Set used for that episode was the same one used in the episode Third From The Sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I FINALLY SAW AN EPISODE OF TWILIGHT ZONE!

It was the one with William Shatner, in the plane with the gremlin thing.
My dad loves that episode!

It kinda made me feel strange because I have had experiences like that. I don't "see things", per se, but have had very strong beliefs about certain things and everyone around me says that it's not possible for XYZ to be happening (or impossible to have happened at all) and since I've been hospitalized several times for mental health reasons, my family, usually my mom, will patronize me exactly like William Shatner's character's wife did...

It was a good episode, though!
But gave me a weird feeling, you know?
o.o Ohhh! Nightmare at 20,000 feet. Yes, that's a popular favorite for lots of people for some reason. >.>; I personally think it's overplayed a lot, because of the scary gremlin thing.
But you offer an interesting perspective in watching it with your particular mental health history. :O I think the episode speaks volumes about the terrors one mending mind can conjure alone, without any outside influence other than a fear of flying. <:] I imagine it must've felt weird with the twist being in there for you, leaving you and the rest of the viewers who've seen it to wonder if the encounter really was real, o_o; because of the bent metal plate on the wing. But that was actually thrown in there for the purpose of further discomforting thought. The actual story written by Richard Matheson, dwelled more on the steady decline of the subject's mental stability and the terror focused on him losing himself rather than dwelling on the monster he saw. 8T Interesting stuff!
And I can see how watching scary things or thinking about the unknown could trigger a response in you particularly that leaves you feeling weird and uneasy...but I'm glad you managed to finish watching an episode! :D The Twilight Zone has a strong use of the whole "Is what I'm seeing really there?" and "I can't believe this is happening." sort of tropes. >u>; Though many focus on the mind, hallucinations, and dreams, some of them are just chalked up to ghosts, or death himself, or even in more than one hilarious case, The Devil! <xD

BUT I'm proud you got through one of the scarier (XD but also hokier) ones! ^_^ You'll be glad to know that there are less frightening Twilight Zone episodes that have different lessons and food-for-thought in them, if you're curious about the series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
ooh right. i saw the remake of that one, when they made the TZ movie in the early 80s. i think William Shatner was in the remake too.

there was another early one with Shatner - his character has just gotten married, and the two of them were on their way to their honeymoon, and the car needed to be repaired. so while that was happening, they went over to the diner across the street, and on one of the tables was a "fortune teller" machine - ask it a question, give it a penny, and it gives you an "answer." like all TZ episodes, it had a weird twist to it. heh
THAT one is Nick of Time! <XD Which I actually was watching yesterday! Hahaha!

@ Chocobo: What's the Twilight Zone without a twist? <x3
...The Ligh Zone! :D ...c-cause I took...I took the letters from "twist" out of the title?...Ligh Zone? <x} *falls flatter than a flounder*

Old Posted 06-16-2020, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Merskelly - awesome!!

the main one i remember from the 80s i *thought* was called All In the Minute. turns out, it's called "A Matter of Minutes" and it explains SO MUCH XD

the other TZ-like shows i really enjoyed were the Outer Limits and Tales from the Darkside.

oooh, i ought to watch those too....

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-16-2020, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond