Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default   #49  
Meanwhile our cats are in terror because one of my friends has temporarily moved in because she doesn't want to risk her 90 year old grandma getting sick and here is cheaper than a hotel

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 04-23-2020, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Kit, your cats don't do well with strangers i suppose?

Kad, standing all the time sounds tiring so hopefully Shade catches on

pet twitter is buzzing even more than usual with pictures of people's pets during lockdown and it's pretty cute

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-24-2020, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #51  
They don't
Some will relax sooner than others, if their reactions to my nieces are anything to go by

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 04-24-2020, 09:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Idk, my average pre-pandemic work day was generally spent mostly on my feet.
Would attempt to get out the door at or before 8am, walk to work, get home around 11:20am, have a quick lunch, walk to other job at 12pm, and then depending on the night, get home around 6-7pm. And all but about 20 min of work time is being on my feet. *shrug*
Old Posted 04-24-2020, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #53  
ahhh okay you're used to that. do you feel more comfortable on your feet?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-24-2020, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
For the most part, yes. Standing in one place like being a cashier kind of sucks as my feet and lower back will start to hurt, but as long as I'm moving around, I prefer to be on my feet.
Old Posted 04-24-2020, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #55  
Me going out to drive someplace to pick up food during lockdown: Mask, Check! License and wallet, Check! Mirrors, Check!
Seatbelt, Check! AC, Check! Music, Check! Directions, Check! Alrighty! :D Here we go! Driving adventure! Wheeeee!~

Also Me: I'm in constant danger. :D This is terrifying. 8D Am I too close??? That was an illegal turn, oops! Wait, am I going too slow?? OH NO THEY WANT TO SWITCH LANES! 8}

Also also Me: Wish someone could see me and comment on how proud they are of me... ;u; <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-25-2020, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
JoAnns is open again so I can work! Wooo!
Old Posted 04-27-2020, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #57  
Be safe and vigilant going to work all the same Kaderin! :]

Meanwhile, in trying to understand why I've been sleeping so much, feeling tired, wanting all the carbs, and not at all enjoying the things I used to, I've run face to face with my depression. ;u; And I'm not liking the way it's grinning at me...nyehh.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-27-2020, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lots of handwashing and hand sanitizer for sure! Although I feel relatively safe. In most places, there are (probably) dozens, if not hundreds, of new covid cases popping up daily.
Yesterday we had 2 new reported cases. In the entire state.
Now, this doesn't account for people who are asymptomatic or who have it, but haven't been tested, but that's still pretty impressive to me.
Old Posted 04-29-2020, 02:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #59  
worried about my sister, she may have COVID-19. and she's got three kids, and asthma / hayfever on her father's side.

hopefully it's just a bit of a bad cold, i believe she mentioned having a fever, plus she sounded hoarse yesterday.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 04-30-2020, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Some good news on that front: Blood oxygen levels are a reasonably good at-home diagnostic test for COVID-19 pneumonia. You can buy a pulse oximeter at most pharmacies without a prescription. It doesn't tell you if you do or don't have the virus, but it can tell the difference between general respiratory irritation (like a cold or allergies) and the beginnings of COVID-19 pneumonia, even before the symptoms get bad enough for you to consciously notice them.

Asthma could present a false positive on that front since it can interfere with breathing efficiency too, but low blood oxygen is a problem regardless of the cause so it would be a good indication of how urgently she needs to see a doctor.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-01-2020, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #61  
I wake up each morning during this pandemic, depressed and empty and dreading disaster...
and I wanna stay in bed for hours, so I try, but then I get up to eat,
and then I go right back to bed. Then I'm a little less depressed, because video games...>.> <3

Old Posted 05-06-2020, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. So the museum opened to the public today and one of my coworkers immediately was all "where's your mask?!?"
Well let's see....
I'm a janitor. I am almost never even in the same room as anyone else. Now when I'm working the front desk and dealing directly with the public...sure. I'll wear a mask. But except for 1 person in the clay studio (who I'll only be close to if we pass in the hallway), the only people in the museum are the same ones who have been here for the last few weeks anyway so if any of us were sick, we would have known because it's highly unlikely that all of the staff is asymptomatic.

Also, there have been no new cases reported IN THE ENTIRE STATE in almost a week....so...yeah, if I'm gonna be in close-contact with someone, I'll wear a mask, but just for walking down a hallway...maybe not.

It just drives me absolutely crazy how some people get with all this. And usually they're the ones being the most careless. Oh sure, they'll wear their mask...and then fidget with it and adjust it all day and not once wash their hands.
And I get it, the virus is a scary thing if you have complications that could make it affect you more, but...it's like common sense goes out the window and they just let panic dictate everything.
I'm sanitizing everything and not touching my face or coughing on stuff, so...why does it matter that I'm not wearing my mask to mop a room that no one but me has been in in weeks?

Anyway...rant over. XD
Old Posted 05-26-2020, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #63  
It's phase 2.5 in my city. Phase 3 is the last one for reopening. A lot of places are opening up today and I'm still going to be staying away from people haha, since I'm not a big people person to begin with.
Old Posted 05-26-2020, 01:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I think we're just at the end of phase 1 here. (I think phase 2 here is gonna be next week).
But idk for sure.
All I know is my jobs were all "essential" so except for the week and a half that Joann was closed, I've been keeping the same schedule as always through the whole thing. So it hasn't seemed as bad to me. Though I wouldn't have minded having a bit of time off tbh. I haven't had more than 2 full days off in a row since....2015? Maybe 2016, but idk for sure.
Old Posted 05-26-2020, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
corona, lock, virus