Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4769  
Okay, I won't torture you with puns.

How about experiments?

One of the stores had an oil slick collection that was actually pretty nice, but overpriced.
Old Posted 08-26-2021, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
whoaa that looks great!

I'm into that aesthetic
Old Posted 08-26-2021, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4771  
I love it too. Even planned to get one of them but unfortunately that store is notorious for seriously inflating prices and then offering a "discount" which still doesn't really justify the cost for most items.
Old Posted 08-26-2021, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
As someone who works at one of those stores, I can say that's accurate. At least in regards to the seasonal home decor items.
I almost never buy any home decor stuff unless it's at least 50% off...and then only because I get my employee discount on top of that.

(Sorry, didn't mean to butt in, just recognized the items and kinda wanted to chime in... ;>.>)
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-27-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #4773  
why did my antivirus blocked trisphee u.u

yeah I hate when stores do that... like black friday special 50% off twice the price xD
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
You're fine, Kaderin! They tend to come out with good themes, too. I might have to steal your discount somehow.

One of the other places had the perfect sign for my theme and I need to find a way to recreate it.

More mdomoween items:

Yeah, Trisphee treats illnesses, not cause them.
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #4775  
ooh what did the sign say?

rainbow skeletons!! I shall change my avatar on halloween to that.
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 04:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light

It's too small anyway for the front of the house, but it fits with the floral theme and witch who spilled her brew. It's probably too complex to remake without the materials.

If only we could to that to our real skeletons.
Last edited by Biomecha; 08-27-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #4777  
ooooh I like that!
You can maybe find some damaged wood and paint on it, it'd look cool!!

True, why can't my bones be rainbow. or holographic. What do I have to eat
Old Posted 08-28-2021, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
I might have to steal your discount somehow.
Lol. I'd say send me the money and I could buy the items and ship them, but the shipping costs would negate the additional discount tbh. >.>
And it would depend on my store getting in the items you wanted and not being sold out before I get them.

Also...may have caved and bought a "Halloween" coat rack. I know the hooks are supposed to look like bird claws, but they could also be dragon claws so I'm going to attempt to paint them in different multichrome colors...with maybe a coat of holo on the claws. Because I need more magic dragony items in my apartment. XD
(Was trying to find a pic of it, but it's not on the website so will have to take before and after pics for sure.)
Old Posted 08-28-2021, 03:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4779  
I don't have the skills to paint anything like that well. If I had the photoshop skills to get the layout and sizing and everything right, it could work if some sort of heavy duty stickers were printed and then added.

Yeah, things are selling out fast in a lot of areas.

Shows us your rack! I mean, coat rack. But that would be really cool to have the multichrome paint on it. Do you have a favorite brand for the multichromes? I got a couple to practice with, so far.
Old Posted 08-28-2021, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. I'll try to get a good pic of it when I get home from work.

For multichrome, I don't have any real favorites in real paint (as the ones I've tried have tended to, hmmmm....it's hard to describe, but they've been sort of...less dense in pigments I guess? So for most small-ish projects, I just use multichrome nail polishes. And for those, my fave brands (that I've tried so far) are ILNP and KB Shimmer. I used those 2 for my multichrome scale gloves that I made last fall.
Actually, I'll probably need to buy more polishes before I do any major painting now that I think about it. I'm running low on my good colors. And want to test some new colors.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-28-2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old Posted 08-28-2021, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #4781  
oooh I approve of holo claws!

Bio, I was thinking of something like: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/42/c3...7a534f0b8f.jpg
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Oh I like the nail polish idea, Kaderin. Too bad so many colors are limited edition. But then, if you use them on projects instead of nails you can at least appreciate them for a lot longer.

mdom, a sign like that would be a neat idea. The worse it looks, the better even.
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 09:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #4783  
I...don't find that many polishes I get are limited edition?
At least not the multichromes. Lol
I guess it is true though that a lot of companies will do seasonal collection releases for colors and then never/seldom bring those back. But most often those aren't anything too special and similar options can usually be found through other brands.
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 09:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
That's good to know. It might just be the ones I notice that tend to be limited. I kind of just want to get the pigments and flakes to add to a medium for projects. But then that would be a whole 'nother wormhole.

Relevant content:
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote