Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #4785  
It definitely depends on brand and where you're getting them too I think. There are definitely some that I bought spares of because I knew they were limited edition. And a few that I accidentally bought extras of because I forgot I already had them. XD

Fancy skelly nails!

Also, here's my pre-painting coat hook/rack:

Need to give it a quick wipe/scrub, then I will paint everything but the claws black so the multichrome has a good base to start on...then I need to make some new test-swatches of my multichromes to pick colors (and maybe buy some new ones idk). Then the real fun starts! 8D
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
There's one I need to track down that was like a perfect greige shimmer and had sooty flakes. I wouldn't know what to use it for, though.

Oh cool, those are just begging to be painted aren't they? The multichromes would definitely be a perfect use. I'd love to see the finished product if you manage to decide on a color. It would be hard to pick one.
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #4787  
Debating if I want to do all the same color or if I want to do each one a different color. So one more green-based, one red/orange-based, etc.
Either way, gonna make up some little swatches using my black scales for future reference. And for people to vote on maybe.

For sure will share pics when it's done!
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Beautiful picture!

omg these days I've seen that holo nail polish is like, ten times more expensive than ten years ago... why brazil, why
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4789  
It sounds like either way you go, there are no wrong choices.

I remember long ago with Kustom Kulture and seeing all the awesome color shifting and flake paint jobs and wanting that for a more consumer level at a smaller scale and it finally happened. But now they are all rather pricey. They might cost more to produce for some of them. There's a Youtube channel though where they just experiment with some of them to see what happens when creating weird mixes for cars.

And are ya'll aware of the event in Pantheon?
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Mdom: I would guess that it has something to do with import/shipping costs and whether nail polish in general is considered to be a hazardous substance or not in Brazil.
Good holos cost a lot here too, though probably not as much as they do there.

Bio: Ah, I remember seeing "chameleon paint" cars as a kid and I was obsessed. I wanted my car to look like that when I was an adult (if only I'd known I wouldn't be able to afford a car at all back then lol!), but it seems like it's not really a thing anymore and I wonder if maybe it's not a street-legal paint color these days because it would make it harder to identify a car's color of it were involved in a hit and run or othet crime.
But I can have fancy shifty everything else.

Eh. I haven't been active on Pantheon in over a year tbh (I pop in every few weeks in case someone pings me or something, but don't bother with anything else). I feel like no one over there really cares if I exist or not. XP
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4791  
The chameleon paints and other shifts definitely exist down here. In fact, there are several "coffee and car" events and you can see them up close. It's also common with slab culture. I wish someone can come with me to see them. Everyone uses dip paints or wraps now since it's less of a commitment and less cost, so it might become even more popular. Not sure of the legality of it though.

I've noticed you haven't been around there in a while, and I definitely care that you exist. But if you're not feeling it, that's okay too.
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
oooh I should look at that youtube channel xD Love mixing colors

oooh I didn't know, Bio!
Old Posted 08-30-2021, 01:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4793  
Old Posted 08-30-2021, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
the holo car looks so good!!! if I ever had a car I'd choose that color
Old Posted 08-31-2021, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4795  
So many of them are awesome. I'd want to be able to change them depending on the mood.
Old Posted 08-31-2021, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Like a mood ring? Ehehehe.

Did you watch the drag race finale?
Old Posted 09-02-2021, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4797  
They did actually do that too if you didn't notice. But I'd want to change the entire paint job to different textures too.

I didn't see it yet, I was trying to catch up on The Challenge All Stars.
Last edited by Biomecha; 09-04-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old Posted 09-04-2021, 07:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Ah, that sounds a little bit more complex ehehe

is it interesting?
Old Posted 09-08-2021, 04:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #4799  
I saw this actual car today. If it doesn't take you to the right spot with the link, it's at 2:39. https://youtu.be/U9-yQG14iY0?t=159 She got in my way too.

I wouldn't know if it would be interesting to you, it is for me because I've been watching these people for nearly 25 years. Or some of them at least.
Old Posted 09-08-2021, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
I can't believe I left you talking to yourself a year ago... why was I so rude...

anyway I gotta update the front page... sometime soon
Old Posted 08-06-2022, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote