Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Default New turning point (ml x kagu x chlo) -M-   #1  
Disclaimer: This roleplay will potentially have gore, violence, language, and sexual as well as other mature themes. IF you are not of the mature age or are squeamish we would like to take this opportunity to ask you to leave. That was your one and only warning... have a nice day

In the year 2230, an unmentionable event happened, a third world war broke out. No-one seen it coming as the Russian dictator Pavel Bobrov tried to do what every dictator before him had tried and that was to become the sole leader of the world, however, the other world leaders wouldn't roll over and give him what he wanted so easily and so mounted a defence against his invasion. As in previous world wars the general public of the world where only given pieces of what was going on and never knew the whole story. Then the unthinkable happened, virus's where released. It had been the one thing that everyone had feared, but no-one ever thought they would ever be stupid enough to have done it.

Five hundred years have now passed since the viral holocaust and the plagues release, even to this day no one knows who released the first plague or even the first missile. All anyone knows is we are the ones who survived and no one is safe. There are two plagues that people now know off 'The Siren's Whisper' which is believed to be airborne and 'Submerged Ripple' which is believed to be in the water. At first people thought there was a new type of cold and and increase in those with mental illness so no-one took much notice... How wrong we where, and it was far to late... to do anything.

Those who had contracted 'The Siren's Whisper', soon banded together with people who they said 'thought the same as them', but this was the worse thing they could do as the plague spread, murder and mayhem soon followed within small conclaves of these 'like minded people'. Those unfortunate enough to have contracted 'Submerged Ripple' where in for a year of excruciating pain eventually ending in an agonizing death, never to be buried for fear of contracting the same illness.

It has been documented that because of the war, countries like Japan and the United Kingdom have been wiped off the map as have any other island like country and are destined to become myths like Atlantis. Countries like Australia and China are half gone, either blown to smithereens or submerged because of massive tidal waves. Some countries seem to have been lucky enough not get to much geological damage but who knows what lies beneath that fragile surface.

Technology has become wonky in the years following the war, many seem to have grown in intelligence, some even claim to have a souls. Though there are those who are rusted, falling a part and despise their former Human masters for as they claim 'abandoning them'.

This story begins in what once was the metropolis of Chicago. It looks nothing of it's former self, building turned to ruins, bodies, some still decaying, around every corner. It is definitely not a safe place for any living being to be, but it still has many resources that haven't been touched in years. The city used to be one of the highest on the US map for radiation levels, but over the years it has dwindled down to be almost zero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Last edited by Kaguya; 01-21-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
~The Viruses~
Air virus AKA The Siren's Whisper

Water Virus AKA Submerged Ripple

Last edited by ml1201; 01-16-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
Mutations and Abilities

This will be updated as and when they are found in the roleplay as well as which virus or strain of virus that they are connected to.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
~Governments/Leaderships~
Will be updated as the information is mentioned in the RP.

Last edited by ml1201; 01-16-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5  
Research and organizations

This will be updated as and when they are found in the roleplay, this will also include what they are researching or specialized in.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
~Characters~

Tabitha

Akio Minomoto

Catherine 'Catty'

New Turning Point OoC thread

Last edited by ml1201; 01-19-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #7  
A young girl using an old tattered blanket as a cloak hides in the shadows of the building across from the rundown super market across the paved road, or at least that's what the building claims to be with the letters on it's front. Tabitha, a teenage girl, quickly scans her surroundings before making a run across the road. The food there from when the building wasn't in ruins was no longer edible, but that's not the reason why she was there. She had been lucky that someone transporting food supplies didn't notice some of the fruit fall out of their basket while traveling into the region where some people not infected by the viruses live. She only went to that place when she couldn't find food, which in a ruined city like this was pretty hard at times.

Taking refuge inside Tabitha carefully scans her surroundings, hoping no wild animals where here that could attack her. Near the back she finds a door partially off it's hinges, pushing past to a room filled with decayed clothing, but notices some clothes of some kind that haven't deteriorated as much yet. Hurrying over to it she turns it into her bed, ignoring the smell as best she could. A lot of cities from hundreds of years ago were like this now, though some are in the process of being rebuilt, just not this one quite yet. Thus making it a good place to hide from people.

She didn't hate people, but after being betrayed by her family like she was she was scared to go near people again. The fear of hunters chasing her down and trying to kill her terrified her to no end. And when she was terrified...she didn't even want to think about it since she doesn't like to hurt people. Curling up in her blanket she wore over her clothing, she settles down to sleep. Crying to herself because her heart aches with betrayal and loneliness.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 09:20 PM Reply With Quote  
A young man woke inside a finely crafted carriage carriage which had been tumbled onto it's side, the crimson and gold silk curtains laying in tatters as they hung out of the window. Moving to stand he didn't realize how his long snow white hair was slightly stained by his carmine blood and how it had now stuck to his face. He moved his hand to his head wincing as he tried to make sense of what had happened on his way back home. "Where we attacked?" he whispered to himself scanning the area around himself to see if it would be safe enough to get out of the carriages safety. "Where is everyone else?" his eyes widening as he seen people scattered around, some he knew others he did not and felt his heart fill with dread.

His ice blue eyes now scanning once more for somewhere to stay because something told him that the carriage wouldn't keep him safe after the stench of death caught the nostrils of a predator. Opening the door he carefully he moved out of the carriage carrying a few supplies with him so he would have something safe to eat and drink; he knew with it he could also barter to get back to the safety to the city.

As he stepped onto the dusty ground his nose wrinkled as if it was complete heresy for him to walk on such filth, he dusted off his white kimono trying to get his bearings, on seeing lights in the distance however it gave him hope and he headed in their direction all the while keeping alert to animals and other dangers. He had no idea what to expect considering he never normally spoke to people others done that for him.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #9  
Hearing a commotion further off outside of the building, Tabitha bundles her blanket around her like a cloak again. Heading towards the way she entered the building she carefully scans about the place, not wanting to get surprised by a hunter if they were able to find her again. Looking out the grime covered glass for the building's entrance from behind some rusted metal walls she sees a shadow moving. Whoever it was had been talking, but to who or what she wasn't sure, all she knew was that it was gradually making its way towards the building. Shaking, she looks around her for something she could use to defend herself, spotting some sort of metal rod that had an unknown kind of decayed material at the end of it and holds it close to her chest. Peeking around the corner the shadow is getting bigger and bigger, but still not discernible with the poor lighting in the building.

Waiting for the being to get closer she steels herself, getting up the courage to confront whatever it was heading towards her. Better to know what she faced than not to know. Jumping out from behind the wall she hols the rod out in front of herself and ward whoever it was off.

"D-d-d-don't come any closer! I-I-I'm not afraid to defend myself!" The rod visibly shakes in her hands, the air around them becoming slightly colder than what it was.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Akio continued to walk scanning his surroundings at all times, he almost looked disgusted at the rubble that would pass as a city "eww..." he whispered as he came to a sudden stop as he heard a stuttered voice trying to seem like it had conviction, his eyes came to study the girl and her make shift weapon "uh-hu..." he said stepping forward shivering a little feeling the temperature drop his eyes looking around once more before going to her once more with suspicion. He knew it had to be her that was causing it, it was the wrong season for it to be so cold.

"Are you a damned fool?" he stated as if he was unimpressed at how she reacted to him "If you are going to threaten someone A) make sure you have conviction to do so" he started taking another step towards her gracefully, his every movement seemed as if it was deliberate "B) make sure you can take them down and C) this is the most important one..." he said gripping the pole "make sure they are a threat" he stated as if he was talking to a simpleton "Do I look like a threat seriously? I'm unarmed now put this thing down before you do harm to yourself and most likely me" he said touching his head as he started to feel dizzy, blood still slightly running from his head "My carriage was attacked" he said pulling his hand back looking for something to wipe his hand on to get rid of whatever dirt the rod had on it.

He looked at the girl the best he could looking her up and down almost in pity at what she was wearing. He couldn't make sense of why she would wear such things it made him feel so unclean and he wasn't the one wearing them. "So do you... um..." he looked around the desolate street "Do you call this dump home?" he asked unable to believe anyone would live in the ruins of old.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #11  
At the sound of authority in the man's voice she jumps, the temperature dropping even more noticeably. Shaking with fright ice begins to form on the ground around her until he grabs the rod. Jumping back away from him after he lets go, she drops the rod, it being covered in ice where she had gripped it. Tears run down her cheeks, the combination of fear and having been treated in such a manner upsetting her even more.

"H-h-how was I supposed to know that in this lighting? I-I-I could barely even make out a shadowy form coming towards me!" Seeing him wince in pain though makes her flinch, feeling bad for not noticing his injury. Gingerly, she gets closer to him, looking for something clean to bandage his wound with. "W-w-why would a place like this be my home?I j-j-just stopped here for the night to r-r-rest. I can't s-s-stay in one place for long." She nervously looks between him and the ground, noticing how much better condition his clothing is to her clothing. "W-w-we should get you bandaged up. D-d-do you have some clean c-c-clothing that can be turned into b-b-bandages?" Her voice is shaky as she stutters, the temperature dropping again slightly since she wants to help him, but also nervous as to whether he might try something to her while she's near him.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Aiko looked around feeling the temperature drop once more, shivering as he started to be affected by the cold. "Are you the once causing the cold?" he asked knowing that it was starting to become summer, but right now it felt closer to becoming winter. To help the situation become less tense between then he took a few steps backwards his feet moving to the exact spots he had used to move forward. His ice blue eyes looking at the clanging bar on the ground "Ice? In summer?" he seemed surprised as he raised his eyes quickly to the girl in front of him "Okay... what are you?" he couldn't help but ask all the while studying her and each micro movement she made

"You can stop crying..." he sighed his hand going to his head out of complete frustration though pulled it back wincing as he touched the injured part of his head his eyes going wide seeing the blood not in shock but almost in fear and anger "This will not stand!" he growled to himself his eyes going to her "I need to wash and now, this filth has to get off my body... I need to be cleansed" his tone made it seem almost like an order to her. Hearing her words he stopped his own train of thought for a moment though continued to scan for somewhere to wash "If you hadn't come out like an idiot then you would have seen me pass in better light and would have been able to assess from the shadows if I was indeed a threat or not, but it seems common sense escapes you." he said almost in a dismissive tone as he moved forward towards what seemed like a nearby lake.

"Yes, I have clean clothing, just let me pull it out of my obi... oh wait..." he shook his head at the ignorance of the girl "What kind of stupid question is that" he completely dismissed everything the girl had said about being unable to stay in one area for to long, not really caring just wanting to feel clean again. "So is it safe around here or is it just you I have to worry about killing me?" he muttered glancing over his shoulder "and is the water here still infected or is it purified?" his voice showing he really needed to know before even thinking about stepping into what could be a polluted or virus riddled lake.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-17-2015, 07:15 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #13  
Tabitha doesn't answer his first question, tears still falling down her cheeks. When he moves back she does become less tense, the temperature rising once more. When he notices the ice and questions her about it however, she backs off from him, great sorrow noticeable on her face.

"I'm human just like my family and just like you." She can't bring herself to look at him, too afraid to see the fear of her in his eyes. When he becomes authoritative again she jumps again, looking up at him in surprise. The temperature does drop again, but the distance was great enough to not affect him again, though the temperature was causing her to shiver.

"It's not a matter of common sense, its a matter of surviving. I don't want to die, I almost did once as is." Trying to wipe away her tears she gets up the courage to answer him properly. "I don't want to hurt anyone, at least not intentionally. But there are those out there who want to hurt me as I've found out from experience. They might even kill you if they found out you were with me, because...well..." Throwing up her hand she creates an icicle that spears up towards the sky, then brings down her hand to turn it into snow.

"I don't know if the water is clean since I'm not from here. But there's a group of people not infected living near here so I would think the water is safe." Tired and more relaxed now, the temperature returns to normal. "And what's an...obi...?" She falls back against the metal wall behind her, coughing and shivering from the affects of the cold. "Darn, I let myself get too cold again. Oh, wait, I can make the blood stuff flowing for you, that's the filth on your head as you keep calling it." Watching him she waits for his answer.

Old Posted 01-17-2015, 09:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Aiko closed his eyes sighing his irritation with the girls whimpers and sniffling grinding on his nerves "will you please stop that crying, last thing either of us want is to become an ice cube thanks to your what seems to be unstable emotional abilities" he calmly snapped at her continuing to walk towards the lake though kept scanning for any signs of an ambush or any other kind of issues "true humans can not control the temperature so sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but we are not the same" the way he spoke it was as if he was stating a basic fact.

"There is no need to be so jumpy, if you do you will stand out like a soar thumb and it will be used to a predators advantage to take you out" again he stated it as if it was a well known fact "You could be strong, but as it stands you are a danger to not only yourself but anyone near you" he closed his eyes sighing his head lowering before glancing back to her "You are going to end up as dead as these animals if you continue being jumpy" he said pointing to some of the animals that seemed to be hunted for nothing more than sport "some hunters, hunt your kind for nothing but sport but call it 'purifying'." his voice softer as he spoke the last word.

"Well you are not good at the latter either it seems" he said with a sigh "Your survival instinct should have been to arm yourself but keep hidden until you could see friend or foe; or gain the upper hand to knock out your potential attacker but you intercepted me without knowing" he said honestly shivering once again as he felt the temperature once again dropping "And will you quit it, these clothes are not fit for winter" he snapped wishing she would just calm down.

He rolled his eyes "I highly doubt I would be killed for being near you, unlike you I am no threat." he said honestly "You would likely be taken as a specimen or at least something of you would, I have no idea how the vile side of things work" he said in honestly, then again he really didn't care so longs he didn't need to be anywhere near it. On seeing the ice spear he jamp back in surprise and fear the rations he had taken with him now falling on the floor "W-w-what on earth a-a-a-are you?" he stuttered now knowing he should have just stayed in his carriage and awaited rescue.

He moved his hand to the sash around his waist "t-t-that's an obi" he again stuttered his eyes never moving from the spear of ice "a-and just because people seem uninfected doesn't make it true" he said standing dusting off his kimono again his nose wrinkled at just how increasingly dirty he was becoming "no, the stuff on my head is blood. I am not dense..." he rolled his eyes not believing he had to explain what he meant. "When I say filth, I mean dirt, grime and the likes" he said honestly
Quote:

Old Posted 01-17-2015, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #15  
Looking down at her feet she shakes her head, "I can control my powers, but when I become afraid its at times hard to control because of this instinct as you put it. When you first approached me and grabbed that rod I had to keep myself in check so that I wouldn't stab you with an icicle. Which was the reason why I jumped back after you let go, I don't want to hurt people which is why I worked hard for years to control my powers." When she sees his fear of her she steps further away from him.

"Like I said, I'm human since I was born to a human family. My mother, father and older brother are all human...though they are probably dead now because of what I can do. I can't be mad at them either...Their fear of me became too much." Sighing she walks over to him, standing just a couple feet away from him. "Let me at least harden your blood where the wound is so that you don't loose too much more blood. I won't have to touch you, I just need to see where the wound is. I promise I won't do anything. Why would I since you're the first person I've spoken to in nearly a year?" There's a pleading look in her eyes, she just wanted someone to accept her, not fear her like she was some kind of monster. Her hands shake because this was the closest she's been to a person in a long time, and she wanted to trust him, just like she wanted him to trust that she wouldn't hurt him.

Old Posted 01-17-2015, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
He rolled his eyes "It is not how I put it, it is what it is." he explained simply "Your instinct is to survive, but your instinct for that is weak." he stated as it was a matter of fact, though turned and looked to her "Do you even stop to think before you speak?" he couldn't help but ask "You grab a weapon to prevent you from creating a weapon..." he sighed shaking his head his eyes scanning the water his nose wrinkling something telling him it was far from being pure. "I need to go" he said gently as he walked off not even worried about his supplies.

He shook his head "No, humans can't make ice" he stated continuing to walk away from her "I am guessing that depends on wither people know about your frosty ways" he said honestly "If they do, then there is a good possibility after all people are offered a reward for notifying the authorities" he stated not bothering to look back "And no thank you, I'd rather not be touched by your curse" he wrinkled his nose as he spoke about her abilities. Hearing the next part he stopped "A year?" he sounded astonished by what he heard "come along... I'll protect you... just no ice or dropping the temperature" he said starting to walk once more.
Quote:

Old Posted 01-17-2015, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote