Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #2929  
@ Coda:

Probably. :/ I've come to just accept that the food industry is about quantity over quality, and if it takes disguising quality and marketing what they sell for more profit, that's what they'll do. <x[ I'll probably likely continue to digest food the way I've been doing, and not really avoiding sugars and preservatives as much as I think. <:/ But I'm tryin' to at least get in some food that isn't from like fast food places. I cheated yesterday however. >.>; and had a pizza from Pizza Rev. It was good but, kinda oily. I'm gonna break out from that, but I knew that going in. <x}

btw, I thought it was crazy how crazy people are for NON-GMO stuff, and get "Organic" apples, <x'D when actual non-genetically modified apples are actually way smaller than what everyone assumes the size of an apple is, buhcuz genetically modified apples are the norm. O_O; Same with bananas I think.

Actual shout: <x] Gonna go on an adventure and see if I'm hirable today. <8} I'm scared that I'm a lost cause, even though it's literally impossible...probably.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-21-2020, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
You're right about bananas. Wild bananas are mostly big inedible seeds with the thinnest layer of edible pulp between them. Bananas are actually another reason why genetic research is important; bananas are a monoculture -- all bananas you buy at the store are genetically identical, clones of each other. If you've ever noticed that banana candy doesn't taste like bananas, that's because they taste like the OLD kind of banana that has gone extinct because of a fungal infection, and the new kind of banana that farmers started growing afterward is less sweet (and no less at risk of an extinction-causing disease).

Good luck in the job hunt!
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2931  
XP
Anyone want to go to the store for me so I can stay home and craft instead of going out into the wind?
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I need a pro to critique my rowing form. I feel that it at least is better than it used to be, but it could still use improvement I'm sure. It can also be a challenge to remain consistent.
Old Posted 02-21-2020, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2933  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
You're right about bananas. Wild bananas are mostly big inedible seeds with the thinnest layer of edible pulp between them. Bananas are actually another reason why genetic research is important; bananas are a monoculture -- all bananas you buy at the store are genetically identical, clones of each other. If you've ever noticed that banana candy doesn't taste like bananas, that's because they taste like the OLD kind of banana that has gone extinct because of a fungal infection, and the new kind of banana that farmers started growing afterward is less sweet (and no less at risk of an extinction-causing disease).
could theoretically try and re-breed the older fuckin bananas back, but man. i doubt it.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-22-2020, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
oh boy. so the washing machine has finally given up the ghost.

we also still have warranty on the thing, but, y'know, given that it's a fairly outdated model (4-5 years) i don't think anyone's got the parts.

Old Posted 02-22-2020, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2935  
How do I have all these nail polishes and NONE of them are the colors I need?!? HOW?!?!?
Old Posted 02-22-2020, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I woke up pissed off and sad this morning, thanks to the dream I had last night. 8/

In the dream,
I was not me, but also me. O-o; Like, I was cuter, had better clothes and my hair was shorter.
And I was with my boyfriend and his friends, kicking back in someone's convertible while we waited in my old neighborhood for someone else to arrive. I say boyfriend, though I didn't recognize him, wasn't even a past boyfriend, and I have never met him irl, but in the dream, we were together. /8[
Anyway, as we waited, I just kept quiet and on my phone while they all chatted, and I started to get more and more teed off. >:/ Mainly because his friends were all stupid and rude, kept telling edgy immature jokes, and began talking about chicks right in front of me. I don't think they even noticed I was there, not even "my boyfriend" seemed to care, and they all talked about me right in front of me, like I wasn't even there! There was just no signs of respect for me to be found at all.

So, I wriggled out of my boyfriend's side, and got out of the car with my stuff. =_= He was all, "hey, where are you going?" and "What's wrong?"
And I just kept silent, with my blood just boiling. >:C And I slammed the door on him after pushing his leg back in the car.
His friends all stopped talking and just murmured and chuckled to each other. I think I heard one of them say, "Woo, eesh, bit of a hothead huh?"

Now, In this situation, I would typically just stay quiet and walk away, as I'm just naturally passive like that. But dream me is different. 0-0

8[ I took a nearby mailbox, (that's right, MAILBOX. The whole box AND the wooden post it sat on!) yanked it out of the ground, and threw it at the car with my boyfriend and his buddies in it. Then I proceeded to yell at him, and call them all assholes! >:{ I then stormed off across the street to go to my old house, not caring that my boyfriend was pursuing me with NO CLUE as to why I should be upset. His friends were all in awe at the dent I made in the car, and commenting on my "cute explosive temper", chuckling and throwing pity laughs as they watched him try to "calm me down".

B{ I made it to my old house's porch, and he was behind me, trying to understand what it is that I wanted from him. He asked if it was something he and his friends said, or if I was "just on the period", or if I was impatient.
=~= I wasn't having any of my boyfriend's shit, and totally bit his head off any way that I could. I mean, I went for his jugular. 8[ I gave him a worse scolding than his mother and grandma combined.

He did apologize but then he wanted me to come back to the car with him so we could all go to the mall or wherever together. >B{ I told him how if I ever wanted to meet his friends and feel welcome as a part of the group, that it was possibly the worst way to do it, as he didn't even properly introduce me. I was just, "the girlfriend." >:/ And I was sick of feeling invisible, excluded and made out to be no one but an accessory. And I felt like an accessory, not a person. I told him that I wouldn't take that sort of disrespect, even from his close friends.

He promised that he'd introduce me properly and that he'd make his friends understand that I have feelings and deserve their acknowledgement and respect,
B[ But I didn't believe it'd be that simple. I stood cold and stubborn in my anger, and refused to go back. >n< I told him that it wouldn't work, and I wasn't about to just change their minds because he vouches for me. >:C I said "Go without me, since it's obvious you want to spend time with those idiots instead of with some accessory."

We fought on the porch for a bit longer, and he managed to get me to come back to the car, and give the group another chance, since he planned for us to all go out and have fun together.

I went with such a scowl on my face. >Bc And stood quiet while my boyfriend introduced me properly, and got his friends to listen. He then motioned for me to greet everyone over again, as before, I greeted them with a polite and passive optimism. >B/ I just stood there, looking at him, then at his friends as they all introduced themselves to me. But it was patronizing, like I was a 4 year old who was looking for an apology. I just silently acknowledged them all, my scowl lightening off, but I was still pissed off at their babying of me.

Finally, just as my boyfriend got in the car and thought all was well and resolved, they all went back to talking with one another, and totally ignoring me. >8c I didn't get back in, and retreated back across the street, storming off once again, and once again, my boyfriend yelled after me, and followed behind, with his buddies calling him back and saying, "let her go!" and "she's not worth it!"

>:C I furiously turned heel, and stamped right up to my boyfriend and shoved my phone in his hand, and my things. I told him not to call me and to give those things to a girl who's happy to be a cute doll for him to drag along wherever he likes. I then went into my house, with him following me to my room, but I couldn't slam the door behind me, since, 8/ well, my old bedroom never had a door.

(Well, it did when we left the house and moved, :/ but I don't usually recall that door in my room in dreams.)
I told him to get out, go away and leave me alone. >:{ And I curled up in my bed, hiding myself in a bunch of blankets, in tears, angry...furious. <B{ And also very sad.

He tried to comfort the blanket blob that was me, but I just kicked him off, with angry murmurs and growls. B{ So he just sat beside me instead. I didn't listen to anything he had to say, and just cried into the blankets. <B{ I just couldn't stress enough, how I wanted to just be welcomed, treated right, and feel included. But now I felt jealous that his buddies could make him laugh more genuinely and way better than I could. And if I couldn't make him happy but his friends could, why does he even want to be with me? >:'{ I got even more upset and felt more alone, that I am just some girl that looked cute to him, and he's pursuing for pleasurable companysake. That I'm nothing more than an attempt to feel like he has something nice and female in his life.

I knew he loved me. And it was sad, because I didn't love him the same way I knew he loved me for. <B{ and it reminded me just how I felt with guys and their friends irl, and of my ex-bf for misinterpreting my feelings, and my asexuality not being compatible with him at all...I felt hopeless, and angry, and just shut off. <B/

Then I woke up...
and I remembered, "Oh, that's right." <x'} "I don't have a boyfriend. Lol! Why am I even sangry?"

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-22-2020, 04:34 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2937  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Not a public one. We made the intentional decision not to spread the community outside the site because we want the activity to happen on the forums. Moving chat to Discord would tank our activity metrics.
Yeah I'm content with just posting here. XD That and I always forget to log onto Discord. =w=

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-22-2020, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i'm endlessly afraid for the kids in this day and age.

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2939  
My grandma is slowly losing her mind and her mobility, and during these few weeks, it's taken a lot of patience from the household to help her and care for her. <:[
However, she is seeing things and people and talking to or bringing them to our attention. 0-0; And it's both fascinating, and disheartening, since I've heard stories of many elderly people seeing ghosts, or people or animals that no one else can see. Especially when their own time is near.

(We really just go along with what she sees and says, so she's not uncomfortable or aware that she's going through memory-loss or hallucinations. <:/)

She told my mom something downright spooky a couple days ago, during the middle of the night, like 2 AM coming back from the restroom to her room.
Probably went something like this:

My Nani: "Tam! Who is that??"
My Mom: "What?"
My Nani: "That lady! You see her?"
My Mom: "You mean the ghost?"
My Nani: "IS she a ghost?"
My Mom: "I don't know, what's she doing?"
My Nani: "Nothing! She's just standing there, lookin' at me."
My Mom: "You sure it's not Dad?"
My Nani: "NO. It's a woman."
My Mom: "Well, don't just look back at her, why don't you say hello?"
My Nani: "Oh, I don't think she can hear me. She'll go away."
My Mom: "Oh, okay Mom. Let's get you into bed, okay. It's 2 in the morning."
My Nani: "Shit! Hohohoho, 2 in the morning?! Why didn't you tell me, haha!"

and I'm listening to my mom retell this like,

welp. Uhhh. We got a ghost. But at least the ghost isn't a bad one. ;U; I think.

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 02-23-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old Posted 02-23-2020, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I need to find someone who shares my interests to do things with so I don't annoy others.
Old Posted 02-25-2020, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #2941  
I get trisphee dry spells, where I feel completely unmotivated to post
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 02-25-2020, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
My Nani: "Tam! Who is that??"
My Mom: "What?"
My Nani: "That lady! You see her?"
My Mom: "You mean the ghost?"
My Nani: "IS she a ghost?"
My Mom: "I don't know, what's she doing?"
My Nani: "Nothing! She's just standing there, lookin' at me."
My Mom: "You sure it's not Dad?"
My Nani: "NO. It's a woman."
My Mom: "Well, don't just look back at her, why don't you say hello?"
My Nani: "Oh, I don't think she can hear me. She'll go away."
My Mom: "Oh, okay Mom. Let's get you into bed, okay. It's 2 in the morning."
My Nani: "Shit! Hohohoho, 2 in the morning?! Why didn't you tell me, haha!"

and I'm listening to my mom retell this like,

welp. Uhhh. We got a ghost. But at least the ghost isn't a bad one. ;U; I think.
This kinda sounds like my Auntie Rosie after she was diagnosed with dementia.
She would say, "Hey.... there's this lady looking at me"
Family would say, "Who is it, Auntie Rosie?"
And she'd say, "This woman... I look at her, and she looks at me!"
And finally family was like, "Auntie Rosie, show us this woman you keep seeing."

And it turns out, Auntie Rosie was talking about her reflection in the mirror.

:(
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 02-25-2020, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2943  
Dementia can really be heartbreaking, especially when you're close to them.

My minor inconvenience...both bags of coffee beans for the week turned out pretty lame, even after trying to dial them in. Mixing beans I don't like can often produce better results, but not this time.
Old Posted 02-26-2020, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
My dad had it before he died. :( It's very heartbreaking.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-26-2020, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote