Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default   #865  
heeeck, that sounds like a lot of work to make XD
Old Posted 05-19-2020, 05:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
^_^; It was quite a lot of work. Admittingly.
>->; (I have spent way too much time playing Animal Crossing and I'm ashamed to admit it)

Though, I have been basically trying to avoid the bad thoughts and feelings, I've been avoiding everything and everyone else in the process. <x{
Which is no bueno! <XC
But on the plus side, I've been giggling at memes on Imgur on and off to help me feel better worse? better, I guess. <x}

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-19-2020, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #867  
anything i can do to help? i would like to think i make for a good distraction ^^
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:T hmm...well, let's see....

I dunno what you know about Disneyland,

:] but I'd kinda like to have a discussion about the craziest sh*t you've witnessed or actually have been responsible for at DidyLan'. <x}
Or maybe what your favorite ride is?...character interactions?...or whatever?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 05-20-2020, 02:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #869  
HEY HEY!

Merskelly, have you ever seen the Disney Sing-Along Songs Disneyland VHS?

It was my favorite of the Disney singalong VHS series. OuO
I have been to Disneyworld once when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of it. Too young. u_u

But I think you'd really enjoy the singalong!!
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 04:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
>8O *GAAAAAASP!*
I used to own some of those as a toddler!!!
<XD I just remember Mickey's Circus, Beach Party, and the Campout one, but OMG!!
I remember those!
<x'} Such Nostalgia honestly, wow! Didn't think anyone else used to have those as a kid.

Old Posted 05-20-2020, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #871  
i actually boycott disney and disney-related products whenever possible because of their lack of ethical practices but i suppose the most crazy thing i know is this;

Old Posted 05-20-2020, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I hear you, chocobo.

Disney has certainly changed so much over the years..
Plagiarizing other stories and ideas from much smaller companies... I'm looking at you Kim*cough*Simba...
And just how greedy they've become. How poorly they treat the workers at Disneyland/Disneyworld.

Even re-hiring people who have been known to abuse children and such.

Disney is as a company is all sorts of fucked up. >:T
It's frustrating also because I really do love the movies they make, I really, really do...
It's my childhood and I have fond memories of Disney.

I was trying to tell me (racist) father the Disney, regardless of whether or not he was openly racist, he definitely had several chances to NOT be racist, but chose to do so anyway... Like Jim Crow from Dumbo. I mean...??? That wasn't just an accident, he PURPOSEFULLY made the crows sound like black people, then PURPOSEFULLY named the "head crow" *Jim* Crow... Even if he wasn't openly racist, that was definitely something done in poor taste... and for children also???? Nah.
My dad is like, "Nah, that's not racist. Disney hired black people sometimes..."

Mom and I agree. If Disney hired a black person, that doesn't take away the fact that he did racist things.

This is a whole huge long rant I could get into over this...

But I like my memories I have of Disney things. ;n;
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #873  
i think it is important to understand you can have fond memories of something AND still acknowledge and condemn it's major flaws. i mean heck.

yeah, well disney has been nicking other people's work for their entire history so it's not really a surprise XD but yeah as long as the brer rabbit movie is a thing that exists and even one piece of the confederacy park attraction is around noone can say disney isn't racist and hasn't done some very racist things
Old Posted 05-20-2020, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Holy sh*t. <XD
Not to mention their scheming business practices, their increasing disconnection from a general audience and corporate greed are all coming to light,
plus the fact that I heard they are hurting for money,
(no surprise there, Star Wars lost money and the MCU is put on hold)
so they are trying to keep their investor's money by BORROWING millions and relying on their Disney + as well as firing good people and hiring others that will do what they say,
really makes me kinda happy. <x]

I got a cousin who is a die-hard Disneyboy,
and will pay his left arm for Disney merch and passes and stuff. <x}
I loved going to Disneyland with him and getting on the rides and stuff.
B] But I'm at the age where I am seeing Disney turn into a garbage heap and it is not impressing me in the slightest anymore.

I think Chocobo is right!
-u- I can have fond memories from like The Haunted Mansion ride,
Pirates of the Caribbean,
and the old Disney Renaissance animated movies,
while acknowledging and recognizing the flaws of each of them. :T

That being said, the last time I got on It's A Small World,
<x'D made me realize it would be a TERRIBLE place to be stuck in if you're drunk, high or just afraid of looking at colorful lies for 10 minutes straight, lol!

Old Posted 05-20-2020, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #875  
well merch, repacking classics and the parks are how they make a lot of money and all three of those are taking a hit. i am not surprised to hear they aren't doing so well
Old Posted 05-31-2020, 03:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Yup. 8T
...although I feel like if you can afford to go to theme parks all you want and visit everything in it all the time,
<:/ It gets a little bland after a while...same rides, same food, same music, same shows...the façade all melts away..
That's why I think it's good to go every couple of years. <:T

I am partial to Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios more than Disneyland, but for one it's because I love hearing epic movie music, and the other is only because there's a big coaster there I'm not afraid to go on, but yet still have anxiety waiting in line for. <x'}

Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #877  
i don't know anything about all of that. i cannot imagine what anyone could possibly offer that would justify the price, i am a lad of very little imagination i suppose hahaha
Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
*looks down at self* well, i suppose lass of little imagination, today
Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #879  
:T Lad. Lass. Sneakers. Whatever.
As long as you're absolutely tantalizing in whatever you're doin'. =W= ~+ You do you yo. Chill like a Vill. >w> Take a bat to Karen's stupid microwave. Eat some popcorn in the tub. Assassinate that fly that got inside somehow. Slip on your finest robe and impress those Jellyfish. ;D Flirt with the refrigerator. Tear up those air drums.
<x'D I have no idea what I'm saying hahaha!

Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it doesn't matter, i'm fairly motivated by it all the same! but yeah, fuck karen and her microwave! it couldn't defrost a roast for shit anyway!
Old Posted 05-31-2020, 02:27 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond