Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
The once empty shop now had many sculptures, figurines and different types of containers, the ice almost looked like clear cut and smooth crystal. Though it gave off the chill that ice always did, inside Frost had the handle of a hammer in her muzzle when she looked up towards the knock on the door. Instead of the blind mare opening the door two young colts open the door, one with a dark red coat and a blue mane the same color as Frost’s, he was slightly chunky and spoke in a very loud voice.

“HI THERE!” some of the things on the shelves by the front shook and Frost’s pale blue magic glowed around them to stop the shaking. The colt next to the red one had a pale yellow coat and a mint green mane with darker green strands, it covered his eyes mostly and he was on the skinnier side.

“Rumble Singer! How many times have I told you to not shout at ponies….” Frost trotted up to them and the door. “Sorry about that… my brothers, oh! Hello Crystaline, thank you for stopping by!” The blind mare had recognized the other unicorns voice, The blue haired colt pouted as the other one patted his back.

“My parents arrived last night with my brothers to help with the opening… I’m really nervous.” The blind mare said sheepishly. “Anyway these are my little brother, Rumble and Tumble Singer.” She introduced the two colts who waved ho before Tumble, the yellow one pulled his brother back towards the back of the shop. Their mum and dad where exploring Canterlot for a bit before the opening in the afternoon. So Frost was watching them, again, she’d always had them in her smaller studio back in the valley.

“Feel free to stop by during the opening, there’s going to be some food and drinks too, to help draw ponies in you know?” She said rubbing the back of her head, it was clear this was making the mare nervous, she’d never sold any of her things like this before, she’d made bits off of making things for ponies in the valley as gifts. As well as trading her sculptures at Rainbow falls every now and then.

Down by the train station Cyclone Kick stepped off the early morning train with a tired and apathetic looking mare behind him, a purple mane clip sparkled on one side of her mane as she let out a yawn. “Why did you pull me away from work again… aside from Frost’s opening… we could have slept in and caught a later train Cy….” The mares crimson coat was partially covered by a simple black cloak to keep herself warm.

“Dark Dream! Cyclone Kick! Thank Celestia you two made it on time.” an older stallion called to them, his coat a darker pale yellow and his mane a dark forest green. DD sighed but smiled weakly seeing her Uncle Earth Tiller, the stallion greeted the friends before they began to wards Singer’s Sculptures. The stallion had a very proud look on his face.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline was surprised when the door was flung open by very eager and happy colt. "Oh hello." she said with a smile. She spotted Frost in the back of the room. "I'm glad your family were able to come to your opening." she said as she stepped in slightly. "I won't stay long, I don't want to distract you. I'll try and come by a bit later after things calm down a little bit," she said with a smile. She looked around. "When I get a little more time to check out your things I may buy something myself." She turned to head out and saw Cy and who she guessed was DD. She saw the mate clips in her mane and smiled "Oh! They look good on you." She said. "I guess you did like them after all!" She said as she then beamed at Cy.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #19  
DD blinked when the unicorn mare spoke to her as they approached and entered the shop, the crimson mare lifted a hoof to touch the clips. “Uh.. Thanks….” The quite mares pink eyes looked away from Crystaline as she spotted her cousin, she made a beeline for the blind mare and the two greeted each other.

Cyclone smiled at Crystaline, a small blush under his tanned coat. “Yeah she did…” He smiled, Cyclone had given them to his friend earlier than he planned as she’d found them in his saddle bag… it was his fault for leaving it on the kitchen table, neutral ground and all that.

“So ah… you coming to the opening?” He asked feeling suddenly short of words around the pretty unicorn. In the back ground of the grown up ponies moving things about the shop, thin Tumble had found his way up to the top of one of the wooden shelving units his sister had installed. The shelf wobbled a bit but that didn’t bother the young colt, his eyes were fixed his pet cricket that had hopped onto the center table.

With a mighty jump he launched himself at the table and his cricket, but was caught mid jump by the whooshing sound of wings as Cyclone had caught him. “Still as jumpy as ever huh Tumble? I swear you were supposed to be born a Pegasus with how much time you spend off the ground.” The stallion said fluttering them both to the ground softly, the young colt frowned.

“I almost had Barnaby… now he’s hopped off somewhere.” He wiggled out of the older stallion's hooves before said cricket hopped up onto his muzzle and the young colt exclaimed in quite happiness.

Turning back to Crystaline Cyclone spoke. “Sorry about that… uh...little ponies am I right?” he tried to turn his words into a joke as the young colt was swept up into a talking to by Frost.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline watched as DD rushed off to go talk to Frost. "They do look good on her." she said as DD left. When he asked if she was coming to the opening she looked at Cy and saw his blush and chuckled. "I'll try. If it's slow enough I'll close the shop for a bit and come on over." she said.

She looked into the shop and watched as the colt was on a shelf and tried to catch a cricket and just jumped after it with no fear. She gasped and sparked her horn to surround him with her magic to keep him from falling, at the same time Cy shot over to grab him. "Oh my.." she said feeling her heart beating a mile a minute. "Yes, foals can get a bit out of hoof sometime. I just hope that when I'm a mother I can care for them well enough," she said with a smile.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #21  
Nodding slightly as he watched the young colt run off Cyclone rubbed the back of his head. "You should defiantly stop by, DD's dad is gonna play his clarinet when he gets here, He plays the concert hall in Manehatten." Cyclone said feeling a bit tongue tied around Crystaline, she was pretty and different looking from the mares he was used to seeing his Ponyville.

He'd never really talked to many ponies outside his family or DD's. His heart did a little flutter every time he looked at Crystaline, he thought back to Frost teasing him, this had his catching DD's almost glowing pink eyes as she watched him and the other mare with a raised eyebrow.

Cyclone hadn't told her about this possible crush.... he would... they where close, like siblings. "I'm sure you'd make a great mom." He found himself blurting out and then blushing brightly across his muzzle.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline nodded and smiled "I'll do my best!" she said as she was told to come back. She watched the foals running around the shop and felt a bit nervous for the displays that could be bumped into and knock the pieces over. Definitely not a place two foals should be running around in. She cleared her throat and then when she heard him state that she would be a good mom she blushed as she saw him blushing in return. "Oh, well thank you. I've not found a special somepony yet, so it may be a while before that even happens."She said with a chuckle.

She waved herself out and went back over to her shop to open up. She unlocked the door and put the sign over to "open" and then went back tot he back and began working on some more items to keep herself busy.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #23  
"I'm sure you'll find them someday." Cyclone managed to say before she left, the blush almost visible under his tanned coat. He was eventually pulled into the festivities that the opening turned into once everypony who was here to help had arrived, DD's father was a older green stallion with a sun yellow mane and light blue eyes, he was accompanied by his wife,a light red mare with a light pink mane that looked like she belonged in a high posh party and not a small start up store.

"Frost my dear why did you open you...gallery in this... lovely part of Canterlot? I could have gotten you a discount in one of my friends properties to open up shop in Manehatten my dear." Operetta Singer said with a small sniff of her nose. DD's father, Clarence shook his head at his wife, he loved her but she was sometimes to high class for his brothers family.

"Auntie Operetta I chose here because I want to stand on my own hooves..." Frost said with a sign, she loved her family but her aunt could be a bit much.

"Mother leave it... It'll be good for her to get used to being on her own." Dark Dream said looking at her mother with a raised brow, the two held a gaze before Operetta sighed and nodded.

An hour later the opening was in full swing and DD was behind the counter, while Frost mingled a bit, Cyclone was helping a elder mare who had fallen in love with a large ice carving that she said woudl look splendid in her home, more so once she found out it wouldn't melt. He was also trying to keep his eyes on Rumble and Tumble, the later of who had finally caught his cricket and said cricket was holding onto the colts mane.

Cyclones green eyes scanned the flow of ponies, looking for Crystaline, he wanted to see her again.
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline sat in her workshop making things until the sounds of many people could be heard from next door. She looked into her shop and saw that a couple people were coming in since her store was near the opening next door and they were checking her store out also. She came out and welcomed them and helped them pick up a few things for gifts and just for themselves. Usually, ponies would come visit Canterlot for a holiday and buy her things since they were good quality and buy multiple things for future gift giving.

She wanted to come to the party next door but since she seemed to be doing pretty well on sales and having ponies coming in because of the grand opening of Frost's shop. She would try to make it during lunch when she closed for thirty minutes anyway.

At her lunch break, she closed her store temporarily and walked over to Frost's shop. She peeked her head in and saw that things were pretty busy. She stepped aside as a couple walked out with their purchase. "Seems things are going well," she called as she walked inside. She saw Cy, and Frost, and DD, and who she assumed were family of Frost standing inside. She turned to the "Nice to meet you, I'm Crystaline, I own the shop next door."
Old Posted 11-21-2017, 05:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #25  
Frost's ears could pick out a familiar voice in the crowd. "Crystaline! You made it." The blind mare smiled as she waved the other unicorn over. She introduced her aunt and uncle as well as her mother and father to Crystaline. Cyclone's eyes lit up a bit when he saw the mare, though he got pulled into helping another customer carry a set of wooden shelves. DD was grinning at him with a small grin that most wouldn't notice as she completed the customers purchase.

"Ah you must me the mare that owns the shop next door. Your work looks marvelous dear. Simply marvelous." Operetta said with a social smile. It was clear where DD got her coat and mane coloring from, though the shades where different.

Cyclone came back in and trotted up to the group. "Hey." he greeted, he felt his tongue wanting to tie it's self up in the presence of the mare. DD was using her magic to quickly write down a order another customer wanted, she was making scheduled dates for it... because Frost was talking with the new mare that had come in, the one that Cyclone had the crush on.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline was happy to meet new ponies and she smiled when Operetta said she liked her things. "Oh, I'm so glad you enjoy my work." She said even if she didn't mean it, it was always nice to be polite anyway. She saw Cy come up and she smiled with a pink tint to her cheeks "Nice to see you again Cyclone." she said.

" And I'm here during my lunch break. Seems your grand opening has been good for business," she said with a chuckle. "Those who come here for your opening will come by after to my shop. So thanks for moving in." She said with a laugh. " I think I sold more today than I usually do in a week."

She was able to spend that time during her lunch break to look around. Frosts' statues were really pretty. She spotted one that was in the shape of a heart and she asked Frost how much that small one was. It'd look nice in her work room.
Old Posted 11-22-2017, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #27  
"Glad I could help." Frost said with a laugh, she was glad that her aunties attitude hadn't really spoiled the mood. As the opening went on, Frost trotted over to where Crystaline was, her hood justly touched the carved heart. "The small one is 10 bits." She smiled in Crystaline's direction, her smaller carvings and sculptures where her least expensive ones, not that she charged much in store... that was reserved for the commissions.

Cyclone was behind the counter with DD, his green eyes watching the unicorn mare that was talking with DD. His friend gently bumped his hip and gave him a secret smile, he blushed and pressed his wings firmly against his side.

"She seams nice...why don't you go ask her on a date? Hmmm?" The crimson mare said raising a eye brow at her friend who blushed more.

"Uh...I don't think she'd have any time... besides I'm busy all week." He reflected turning his head to look at the wall, his ear twitching as DD laughed softly.

"That's plop and you know it... your work 'week' always end up being at man 3 to 4 days because of your speed Cyclone." She said gently before turning her attention to a little filly who wanted to buy a wooden pony figure, wanted to buy it herself, she barely reached the counter top. Cyclone turned his eyes back to Crystaline, things where winding down and Frost had made a pretty good amount of bits, though she wouldn't have her family here in a few days, she'd learn to manage on her own, though Cyclone was planning to come back a lot more now...to at least try to talk to Crystaline more.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline agreed to the price of the small heart and asked it to be put on hold until the end of the day. She was only on lunch break and she should get back to her shop. Before Frost closed though she would come back and purchase the small heart and take it back with her. Plus all her bits were back at her shop anyway, so it'd have to be on hold until she grabbed the ten bits anyway.

While she talked with Frost, she noticed Cyclone was watching her. This made her blush a little because she had a feeling he was 'checking her out'. She wasn't too unfamiliar with stallions watching her since she was a very pretty unicorn, but most of the ones who flirted with her were the elite types. Very prim, proper and full of themselves. Unicorn and Pegasus alike. It was different to see a pegasus as large as Cyclone, and as muscular. It was a refreshing change from what she was used to.

"Is it just me, or is Cyclone watching me?" she whispered to Frost as they talked. "I'm assuming he's single."
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #29  
Frost nodded and used her magic to tag the heart as on hold, and lifted it towards the counter with the same magic. She blinked when Crystaline asked her if Cyclone was single. "I wouldn't know if he's watching you.... though knowing him he totally is. Very shy that Cyclone Kick." She smiled before continuing. "He's single as far as I know." She finished. She excused herself when another customer got her attention by tapping her shoulder.

Frost waved goodbye to her fellow artist unicorn and the day moved on, by dinner time she was ready to close the shop, her face hurt from smiling so much, now she knew how her cousin had felt all those years of forced smile. Though Frost's weren't forced, she just wasnt used to smiling so much.

Her auntie and uncle had gone once this had calmed down, Operetta wanted to go out to some fancy restaurant for dinner, and Clarence wasn't one to say no to his wife, more so when she's actually behaved herself today with not mocking any of the none 'elite' ponies. Frost's shop wasnt in the fanciest of area's but it woudl do her well to have it there.

"I'm about to fall asleep, I don't know how sales ponies do this every day... I have a hard enough time with the few customers I make potions for..." DD said with a sigh rubbing the sides of her face, she seamed more relaxed now that her mother was gone. Frost's parents and brothers had where up in Frost's apartment, Rumble had be loud close to the end and the vibrations had knocked the small food table off it's self, and had drenched the two colts in punch.

Now Frost was just waiting for Crystaline to come pick up the heart she'd put on hold. Cyclone was flexing his wings, a nervous habit of many a Pegasus.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Crystaline closed her shop for the day and then she walked on over to Frost's shop. The day dwindled down pretty quickly after a couple hours, meaning people stopped coming in. She did do quite a few sales and would need to replace quite a few pieces. She didn't mind though, sales helped pay rent and kept her fed. She would need to take another trip to the crystal caves though, to get more supplies.

She grabbed her days' earnings and locked her front door and walked over to Frost's shop. "Okay sorry for making you wait," she said as she walked through the door. She saw Cyclone was still there. "Oh! I didn't expect you to be here still." She said with a chuckle. "I have your ten bits," she said floating them out of her bag and pulling out ten of them and laying them on her counter. "I'll take that home with me tonight."
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #31  
"It's no trouble Crystaline, I need to wait for my dad to finish washing down my brothers. Say we're all going out to dinner at one of the restaurants near the castle, do you want to come with us?" The blind unicorn asked with a smile, taking the bits with her magic and depositing it into her own lock box. her magic then floated the heart over to Crystaline.

Cyclone shot Frost a look, almost panicked despite his want to spent more time with the pretty mare. "The more the merrier."DD said flatly as she shoulder bumped Cyclone with a grin. Frost's dad came down with his now to clean sons.

"Hey you're the unicorn from before! The one that Cyclone was talking to." Tumble said his eyes wide as he smiled. Rumbled grinned, though he didn't speak, his dad had given him a talking to about his inside and out side voices.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
She was surprised that she was invited to dinner. "Oh! Uh....Sure if I'm not imposing on your family." she said. "I would have just gone home and scrounged up something for dinner so I guess this is a great alternative," she said with a smile. "So I accept!" she agreed.

She would wait around for everyone to get ready to go and she'd follow the small group around to the restaurant. She would have placed her new purchase into her bag for safekeeping while they dined.
Old Posted 11-24-2017, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
friendship, magic, mlp, pony