Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #4017  
all our space in the freezer is filled up by old meals. i have no idea if my dad plans to eat any.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-29-2022, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Tired. Always tired. Always so, so tired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I also still have leftovers from Thanksgiving

You meant Thanksgiving leftovers right? XD
Ah... no. I mean, yes, but then I went and made a giant pot of stew so I added to the leftovers instead of reducing them. ^^()
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-30-2022, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #4019  
Can confirm I am also tired -w-

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-01-2022, 09:37 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
(Double posting but I need to vent a bit ;w; )

Kinda sucks when a friend of yours keeps using the "AI art" filters despite likely knowing that they're bad and have stolen from artists. :/ Seems like they just don't care. Sigh. I hate AI "art".

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-04-2023, 07:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #4021  
same hat, kitty. i'm tired of tech bros ruining everything.

Old Posted 01-04-2023, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I want to support more artists, but I get massive anxiety about commissioning them...need art, but am scared to ask for art.
But I still wouldn't use the ai art generators.

Also, apparently I need to start wearing a fake wedding ring at work because I'm too nice to people and keep getting hit on/asked out via note. xP

Ugh. And then got home to a notice from the landlord basically stating that because my apartment wasn't in pristine condition when maintenance came in to take care of a leak issue that "should it happen again" they may evict me.
xP

Look, admittedly my apartment has gotten pretty bad, but I don't think it's really at lease-violating levels of dirt. Well...okay so the kitchen is pretty bad. If that was their complaint, I get it. But laundry mountain is on them for not supplying adequate laundry facilities. And the piles of boxes? Not my fault. I'm waiting on a friend to finally help me get them to goodwill.
Okay yeah, I admit they may have had a point. I've let my depression get the better of me too much and have let cleaning fall by the wayside too often. This weekend is deep-cleaning time. No excuses. But it's still a shitty thing to have to come home to. Especially since the heading at the top of the letter says "14 day notice". Like...notified me within 14 days or do they mean in 14 days they're checking up again to see if it's clean? I am a mountain of stress.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-04-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Old Posted 01-04-2023, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4023  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
(Double posting but I need to vent a bit ;w; )

Kinda sucks when a friend of yours keeps using the "AI art" filters despite likely knowing that they're bad and have stolen from artists. :/ Seems like they just don't care. Sigh. I hate AI "art".
*sigh* I was going to post a reply, but... you know, I think I might just need to start a thread, because it's kind of a big deal.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-05-2023, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Le sigh. As much as I don't like Etsy for various reasons, am debating setting up a shop in an attempt to earn some extra income. Because I REALLY want to move and a potentially better place has opened up not too far from my current place, but it's gonna cost probably $200-$250 a month more than my current place...which makes it over 50% of my current income. So if I could just make and sell like 5-8 plushies a month, that would be enough to (in theory) cover the difference.

Edit: Along the lines of my above post...realized the other day that the work schedule planner stickers I ordered several weeks ago still haven't arrived. (Estimated delivery was Jan 5-12 and it looks like it hasn't even shipped yet.) So that's fun. I mean, I'm only out like $15-$20 max, but kinda needed those soon. Will contact the shop on Monday if they don't show up in the next couple days.
And maybe order more from a different shop in case I was scammed. Because Etsy's security these days is trash and scammers are too common.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 01-12-2023 at 06:59 PM.
Old Posted 01-06-2023, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4025  
Every once in a while my job just kind of explodes on me. @.@

One of the engineers that reports to me resigned due to health issues. Another went on vacation for a week.

This wouldn't have been a problem, except the last eight weeks have been really in-depth work that touches a lot of stuff, so the beta testers have had a TON of work to do.

... and they found bugs in it, at the last minute, right before we had to build the next release.

So I had to rip out almost everything my team has worked on over the last two months, even though our biggest customer expects it to be included in this release. The last two days have been such a headache, especially on top of trying to juggle the physical therapy appointments for my back and getting paperwork taken care of for the insurance on my wrecked car. I'm ready to fall over!

Hopefully it'll only take a day or two to get everything fixed, and we can roll out a hotfix early next week.

Old Posted 03-07-2023, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I know I rarely post here anymore,
But I don't really feel safe in the place that I used to frequent, and I'll tell you why...

On a different avatar forum, I met someone who seemed nice. They would talk to me and we seemed to hit it off. So I added them on Discord. At the time, I was going through an abusive relationship that I was trapped in for four years. I told them this and at the time, I found out I was pregnant and I was scared but at the same time super excited and whatever. I lost the pregnancy (I think it was a blighted ovum, my doctor really, really sucked because I'm broke and wouldn't really give me any details on what exactly happened.) So I told them this, and then I told them that I might try again. They knew I was in an abusive relationship and I knew I was in an abusive relationship, but I wasn't ready to let it go... I was delusional and thought that a baby would fix my ex. I don't know why, I just thought that...

So I told them that I was going to try again and they said that they'd be disappointed in me if I did. So I did. And I got pregnant again. And the next thing I know, they blocked me. They didn't give me any warning or came to me with their issues with me. Just a block. My best friend, now new boyfriend, later on told me that they had DM'd him and purposefully misgendered me and used transphobic logic as to why they were misgendering me and they said to him that I was lying about being trans or that I was lying about something. I didn't ask him for details, because if they had a problem with me, they should have come to ME about it and not gone behind my back and told random people not to talk to me anymore. He said that they said they blocked me because I didn't "listen to them".

But HELLO?! I was in an abusive relationship. What sucks more is that they said they related to me because they were also in an abusive relationship. I don't know... If you understood how it felt to be gaslit, love bombed, etc... Why would you just randomly abandon that person during a time in their life where they could really use understanding and a friend???

What sucks more is that they are supposedly close friends with people that I liked and trusted. If this person DM'd my best friend to get him to stop talking to me, and misgendered me on purpose on top of all of that, I know that they were talking to other people too. Like their "best friend". Who I was friends with too... Their best friend hasn't said anything to me about it, but I know that they talked to her about it. And I know she probably talked to other people about it.

It's so frustrating. I finally broke up with my ex for good, but no thanks to them. I poured my heart out to them, I told them things that I wouldn't just tell anyone random. I thought I was being a good friend to them and this is how they treated me? I even genuinely liked them and I would check in with them every now and then for no reason just to see how they were doing. I'm so hurt. If they had a problem with me, they should have come to me with the issue instead of randomly blocking me and then being vindictive and going behind my back to get people to stop talking to me. What are we? In elementary school? "I don't like Susie, so stop talking to them!"

It's so immature. And I recently saw that they posted in the forum again and it just set me off. I don't feel safe there or really ANY avatar forum anymore because all of us are kinda all in the same places. We all kinda know each other from everywhere. So even though I've stopped using that forum, other people are in other places and I can't avoid them.

It makes my blood boil because I was a damn good friend to them. And yes, I DIDN'T listen. But how could you have expected me to react the way YOU did just because you were in an abusive relationship before too? Like... wtf. I am not YOU. I react in the way that I do. And yes, I made a shitty mistake because I ended up bringing another life into the world and making everything more difficult for everyone else... But besides that, if someone is struggling, why would you add more struggle to their struggle on top of that? Who do you think I am?!

They also wrote in their post on the other forum, "to my friend, if you're reading this" which makes me think they're talking to me, but they claimed they knew this person for 20+ years. I'm only 28, and I didn't become active on the internet until I was around 11-12. So... No way I could have known them for 20+ years, but it's whatever...

I just feel so betrayed and hurt.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-13-2023, 04:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #4027  
crikey. that's a lot to go through. i apologize, you shouldn't have had to go through that absolute wankstain's bullshit.

Old Posted 03-13-2023, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
{{hugs Kory}}
i'm sorry you had to go through all that crap.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-13-2023, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #4029  
i've been hardly maintaining my friendships for the past few years. nothing against them,it's just that i don't really relate with them. one person that i would consider my twin flame, she goes to another school so it's been hard to keep in touch. the point being, i think i've become too comfortable being alone. i fear that i will become a boring husk of my former self if this continues. when summer ends, i'll have to swallow my social anxiety and become more forthcoming. it sounds scary. but it might be fine since i've somehow attracted friends whilst living like a hermit crab all this time
she/her
take me with a grain of salt <3
Old Posted 06-08-2023, 05:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
IT IS TWENTY THREE DEGREES CELSIUS
the only benefit is that my mother doesn't have to complain about her bones hurting, because she's arthritic. it's her birthday tomorrow. better not FUCKING RAIN, BECAUSE IT TENDS TO DO THAT ON HER BIRTHDAY.

Old Posted 06-10-2023, 09:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #4031  
Apparently I need coffee so badly today that my brain though it would be a good idea to first attempt to aspirate it, then in the sudden realization that was a bad idea...expel it quickly from my nose while I spluttered and reached for my napkin. All in full view of the line of customers and employee.
So I can never come here again... Lol
Old Posted 06-10-2023, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I DYED MY HAIR FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. well it’s still brown. just a more reddish tone teehee
she/her
take me with a grain of salt <3
Old Posted 07-01-2023, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote