Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #17  
Me: This'll taste great.
Also Me: Oh no... What have I done.

Actually usually unless I burn something, it's pretty decent. I have a few favorite flavor profiles I kind of stick to.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-16-2019, 03:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
In the time since this thread was alive before, I invented a recipe that ISN'T just "throw whatever we have in the pot." It was inspired by a story I follow. In one scene, one of the characters makes dinner, and while there's not a whole lot of detail about it in the story itself the author and I had a side conversation where he was talking about how he wanted it to be something that was, in short, a fusion of as many different ethnic cooking traditions as possible without turning into a jumbled mess. We tossed around some ideas of what might be involved, and then I started looking up recipes related to the various inspirations and put together a recipe on my own.

The result: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co.../post-11292895
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-16-2019, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Today I didn't know what to make for dinner so I looked around in my kitchen for stuff I needed to use up, and came up with the following recipe:

1 lb. ground beef/turkey
About the same amount by volume of diced potatoes (I used 6-7 fingerlings)
About half that amount of diced onion

Put all of this in a skillet with some oil and sautee it until the meat is starting to brown, then add some beef stew sauce (I just had a packet of premade sauce) -- not too much, just enough to coat everything -- and simmer it until the potatoes are cooked, the meat is browned all the way, and some of the liquid has boiled off so the sauce is very thick.

Serve this onto slices of crusty bread or sliced croissants, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top, and bake it at 350F just long enough to melt the cheese.

It has a distinctly British feel to it, sort of like haggis or Welsh rarebit, both of which I quite enjoy.

Has anyone else invented a recipe?

EDIT: I'm looking for a name for this! Technically it's some sort of hash or skillet.
I made this again tonight... and I found a name for it!

I have, somewhat coincidentally, reinvented Scottish stovies! Stovies are traditionally served with oatcakes instead of crusty bread, and looking at a recipe... putting beer in it DOES sound like it would be fantastic... but my intuition that it was a Scottish type of dish was spot on!
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-03-2020, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
That sounds so good. I've taken canned sardines and kippers and mixed them in with rice before, which I enjoyed but was told not to repeat... the smell bothered the housemates.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 01-04-2020, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote