Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
...I’d probably steal a dog, too, but only to sleep next to me, because I get some really bad disturbing nightmares.
That's actually another reason why I take her at night. I don't watch horror films often at all, and I have terrible anxiety and sometimes I get really bad nightmares that trip me up and I'll wake up and panic at times. Having an animal definitely helps. She's big on cuddling, and I love that about her.

The only complaint I register is her smelly gas.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Quote:
You usually can’t go too wrong if you keep in mind their interests.
I didn't really know what I was doing when I was playing it, and I kind of just selected random responses but I will pay more attention to that when I play the next time around. I just kind of wanted to familiarize myself with the game partially because it was new, and I just like to play around with things mostly to learn how they work.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #35  
Haha... I can’t deal with horror-anythin. Worst I’ve done is played Ib. I just manage to get really shitty nightmares for someone without PTSD (hello there, dreamland influx of firearms and guilt). Sets off my anxiety for a couple days at least.

Definitely thinking about getting a therapy animal, but I can barely take care of myself, much less another living being (which I suppose is part of the appeal of getting a therapy animal — you have to force yourself to take care of them).
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 11-03-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:33 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
yeah, for some people, taking care of an animal is easier than taking care of themselves, and once they're actually up to do that, it can be easier to find the motivation for another thing or two you might not have done otherwise

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #37  
(Also, before I forget — the current Anka Egg is swapping out in a couple weeks, so if you like anything from it, I’d suggest you buy them soon. They might be a bit expensive for a newbie, which is why I tossed you a few thousand.)

Galla — yeah, I get. Not sure if my supply of spoons is enough to be sure that I can keep the companion and myself both afloat, though.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I suffer from bad depression, and I have a cat who is currently with my cousin (the animals didn't get along and I'm living here temporarily until I move back to KY, just kind of waiting on tax time so I will have enough money to make the move). I've noticed since I don't have the cat with me, it's harder to motivate myself to do some things at times.

When I did have the Ravioli cat with me, I always at least made sure he was fed and his litter box stayed clean, even if that meant I didn't take care of myself that day. I'm getting better at taking care of myself, while making sure he's taken care of.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #39  
Quote:
(Also, before I forget — the current Anka Egg is swapping out in a couple weeks, so if you like anything from it, I’d suggest you buy them soon. They might be a bit expensive for a newbie, which is why I tossed you a few thousand.)

Galla — yeah, I get. Not sure if my supply of spoons is enough to be sure that I can keep the companion and myself both afloat, though.
I feel kind of bad for asking, but what is the Anka Egg and where would I find it?
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Archaic Antiquities, under Shops. It’s a RIG. You can check the current items in the announcements.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:45 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #41  
the Anka Egg is a RIG in Archaic Antiquities that you can purchase for aurum you earn posting on the forums. it contains 1 of 5 items at random, and the egg stays in the shop for 3 months at a time. that means that the 5 items inside it are retired after those 3 months, so if you miss the chance to get it from the egg, you'll have to get any items you like from other users!

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:45 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
espy beat me but i did it better

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #43  
In my defense, I dropped my phone on my face halfway through my post and kind of gave up.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:46 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
... yeah that's fair

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #45  
Ah! That makes a lot of sense! Thanks for elaborating. I will definitely check out that egg.

I've dropped my phone on my face more times than I care to admit.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I actually bruised my nose the penultimate time I did that. Whoops.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #47  
Use a computer instead. It will look funnier when you drop it on your face.
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Use a computer instead. It will look funnier when you drop it on your face.
(CRT disapproves.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 06:58 AM Reply With Quote