Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

CHEEZBURGER?!
Default Phone Reccomendations   #1  
Hey so first off I'm not going to lie I didn't read all the rules and this is my first time making my own thread on Trisphee so if I'm breaking any rules I'm sorry.

Anyway, my phone decided to finally give up on me so I need a new one. The one I have now is an LG G4 and the one I'm currently considering is the upgrade of it, the LG G6.

That being said if anyone has a LG G6 I'd love to hear how you like it. I'd also like to hear any recommendations anyone has for other phones.

I do hate everything apple so no iphones. I'm also hoping to get something not crazy expensive so nothing over $600. And lastly I really like taking pictures so camera quality is the main thing I look at.

P.S. I am horrible with technology and tech talk hence why I'm seeking help
Old Posted 04-10-2018, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My father-in-law upgraded from a G4 to a G6 and it seems to suit him all right, and he's 60-something years old so he's not particularly tech-savvy either. The camera's reasonable but it's not exactly best-in-class; you're not going to get that without going over the $600 line or buying an older-generation phone.

The fact that you're posting on an Internet forum, having created an account all by yourself, and you typed out a well-worded, reasonably punctuated post means you're not as horrible with technology as you think you are. Give yourself some credit! You don't have to be a hacker.

(Being able to register an account that requires e-mail confirmation without assistance is, IMO, a pretty good benchmark. I know a lot of people who CAN'T do that. I get e-mail intended for several other people who are so tech-unsavvy that they don't even know their own e-mail addresses.)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-10-2018, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #3  
I'm not expecting the best photo quality. Usually what I pick my phone based off of is price, and the camera, because I don't know what most of the other stuff means.

I've got so many different emails I'm surprised I can remember them all. I'm good at certain things when it comes to computers and social media type things are one of the things I can handle. I'm also pretty good with word and powerpoint but those are simple programs and I've been a student forever.

Somehow I always manage to break electronics though and I'm slow at getting the hang of new ones. It took me forever to learn how to use a PS4 and I decided I'd just stick to my PS2 and laptop.
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 08:20 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I use straight talk and a 45 dollar alcatel smart phone, that runs android 7.1.1. just fine, and only pay like I think around 38 dollars a month for minutes and data. My camera works okay. If you use the zoom too much then it can get fuzzy but, I'm not prone to cleaning off the lense or anything. On it's normal settings it's pretty good.

If you go with consumer cellular you can pay less than that probably depending on the options you pick. With consumer cellular you can use samsung and them. I mean you can do the same with straight talk, but I think you end up playing more for the phone if you order it through them, if it's a brand name phone.
Find the ones that haven't given up. They are the future.

Life is a very special book. You read it with your heart. The first chapter may be confusing, but it will become clear and interesting when you keep reading.
Life is also a strange road. You have to keep going even though it's bumpy.

Old Posted 04-11-2018, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #5  
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually totally forgot to mention that I currently have a T-mobile plan and I'm not looking for a new plan just for a new phone. My dad actually said that Amazon prime has discounted phones for prime members if you don't care that their apps come pre-installed and they show ads on your lock screen so I might get the LG G6 through amazon.
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 01:50 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Tmobile is super expensive in my opinion. I pay 150 a month for one line but that is because I am paying monthly for my galaxy edge 8. Great phone and great camera but might be out of your budget xD

I used to have a phone that I paid 400 for and had an excellent camera. Actually miss that phone. It was a google made phone. They were known for high end specs at more reasonable prices. Maybe they have a current generation version of it?
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
... "Super expensive"? T-Mobile has been the cheapest carrier in my experience, and I've been with them for like 15 years now. I've got a four-line family plan and paying installments on two phones and it's only $180. Not quite sure why your bill is so high unless you bought a super-pricy flagship phone and you're making payments on it -- at which point that's just the phone being expensive, not your service.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote