Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #2081  
I only completed that one because I went out of town to visit family for Christmas. x.x
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-02-2019, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Ouch... That's harsh... I got lucky that I was trading at a convention not long after that research was released, otherwise I would never have completed that as soon as I did.

I'm currently still stuck on trying to do raids and catching Exeggcutes...

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 01-02-2019, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2083  
After a month of near exclusively curveballs, excellent curveball achieved! (Again). Now it's just a berry countdown. Lots of hatted pikachu to find.

I keep getting "trade a pokemon" in my field research but I have no local friends to trade with!
Old Posted 01-03-2019, 06:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
After a month of near exclusively curveballs, excellent curveball achieved! (Again).
Awww. Still working on that mofo!

Quote:
I keep getting "trade a pokemon" in my field research but I have no local friends to trade with!
I believe there is a special research task for that as well. I just hope my one local friend is local enough. She lives on the other end of the city from me.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 01-05-2019, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #2085  
I think it's 100 meters for trading.

I has Mew! I'm not actually sure how it works. Apparently there's an AR thing you need, but mine didn't want to turn on, but I managed to get him without seeing any of the commands on my screen.
Old Posted 01-06-2019, 04:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
I think it's 100 meters for trading.
That's fucking ridiculous!
My one RL friend isn't THAT close. Looks like I'm screwed.

Quote:
I has Mew! I'm not actually sure how it works. Apparently there's an AR thing you need, but mine didn't want to turn on, but I managed to get him without seeing any of the commands on my screen.

Stupid fucking excellent curveball!

what do you mean you need AR?
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 01-06-2019, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2087  
It means that Mew is invisible and the encounter to catch it requires you to turn your phone's camera on and find it based on the distortion in what you see.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-06-2019, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Whew! At last!
Excellent curveball achieved and Mew obtained! I'm surprised it's in the good IV zone at 69 but oh well. I'm just glad to have it at last.
That AR thing was annoying, I never use it regularly. I hope the other legendaries don't require that.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 01-17-2019, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #2089  
My son insisted that I play Pokemon go. So I have now started to play Pokemon go.

Edit: I still suck at throwing pokeballs.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Last edited by McSwiggins; 02-04-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old Posted 02-04-2019, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Throwing Poke Balls is definitely a skill that takes a while to get good at. And then there are Pokemon with funky hitboxes like Wurmple that are just a headache anyway -- I cannot reliably hit a Wurmple with a curveball and just have to throw straight.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 11:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #2091  
It's the bane of my Go experience. I'm finding that I always overestimate how far to throw it. I've remedied that by tilting my phone downward, which puts the Pokemon at higher on the screen, thus I am more likely to hit them with it.

Also, it's glitched a couple of times and even though I throw the ball like normal, it just flops to the ground. I hate losing the pokeball over it.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ghastly throws me for a loop. I just can't get a depth read on him.

And wow, 20k for a Mew candy. I think I'll be putting my raid candies there for the time being. One day I'll make a long trek though.

Has anyone tried the battle system? Gives me a spot to put my sentimental but lower CP pokemon now. I'm wondering though, it it's better to have an evolved low cp pokemon or a basic high cp pokemon. I'm leaning towards the former but not too sure.
Old Posted 02-07-2019, 06:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2093  
The CP value takes the Pokemon's stats into account, so in general a higher-CP Pokemon is more powerful than a lower-CP one, regardless of evolution tier. (This of course isn't strictly true because CP is a flawed metric, but it is at least roughly comparable.) However, keep in mind that evolving a Pokemon will cause its CP to spike because the evolved form will have higher base stats, and the evolved form will usually have stronger moves.

This wouldn't be true in the main-series Pokemon games, where the attacking Pokemon's numeric level is used in the damage formula. A higher-level lower-tier Pokemon will still carry an offensive advantage over a lower-level higher-tier Pokemon; a level 100 Pokemon effectively has twice as much Attack and Special Attack as a level 50 Pokemon with the same stats.

But Pokemon Go doesn't use that damage formula, so it doesn't matter how full the level gauge is -- the Pokemon with the better stats and better moves will do better in battle, regardless of level or evolutionary tier.

Old Posted 02-07-2019, 10:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm happy they now decided to put the power boost amount in a preview before confirming, so I can watch the numbers. Of course, I wasn't paying enough attention the other day and boosted one of my Raiku's to 1502. Oops.

A note on the unvisited pokestop thing, but I think there must be a timer on them. I passed a few that I know I've been to before and they still activated the quest requirement. They must refresh at some point because I didn't go very far to make that quest.
Old Posted 02-08-2019, 06:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #2095  
The field research things regenerate every day. There's three pokestops I can access from the couch in my basement (because my overworld character just kinda wanders the neighborhood and I don't have to move.) And so I go sit down there for some time every day and spin each pokestop as much as I can and every day, I get a new field research mission from each.

Also, I had to laugh. I have let's go eevee and I trained a Bellsprout named Sprouty from the beginning and now have a level 80 Victreebell. I got a screenshot of Bellsprout in Pokemon go standing in my bedroom doorway and it looks like Sprouty is telling me that I need to get up or we'll never be the champions.

Old Posted 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
There's a quest where you need to visit 8 Pokestops you haven't visited before at all, not just in that day. So, you need to go around to newer places and visit new ones. I just noticed that once I *did* visit before were counting and I assume it's because they weren't ones I'm at all the time and they must have a limit of a few months or something and count again as "unvisited."

So, my sad is that I was in a raid with Kyogre...and we won. Alas, a catch just wasn't happening. poo. I have a screen for proof though.
Old Posted 02-14-2019, 06:24 AM Reply With Quote