Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #4337  
What phone do you have? Is it rooted or running a custom ROM?
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
You know what it is....my RCA tablet LOL (The page doesn't say it is not compatible or may not fuction correctly as some other apps do)

Not rooted, or anything because Idk how to do that XD (And don't want to mess it up lol)

I swear I've played it on this tablet before....but I could be wrong.
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4339  
Hmm... Is it the Voyager III? Should be running Android Marshmallow, so it's not LIKELY to be a versioning issue... but it could be something that RCA inadvertently broke in their Android build. Unfortunately there's just not a whole lot of information available.

Can you check what specific version of Android it's running? There should be an About item in the Settings app at the bottom, and Android version should be one of the things in the list there.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I think it is the voyager like base voyager? But Idk for sure (but I'll try to figure it out). It runs android 6.0
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 07-02-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4341  
6.0, not 6.0.1? Is there a model number you can get, maybe printed on the back or hiding inside the About screen? (It probably starts with RCT.)

Old Posted 07-02-2018, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
RCT68773W42KC

I think it is the pro and it says 6.0
Old Posted 07-02-2018, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4343  
So I have good news and bad news.

The good news: That model number (which you typoed but I was able to find anyway) is NOT the totally crap model. It's underpowered but it has 3.5 stars instead of 2.0 stars. (That said I'm not sure WHICH typo you made -- is it RCT6773W42KC or is it RCT6873W42KC?)

The bad news: There ARE a couple of bugfixes between 6.0.0 and 6.0.1. It's not impossible that one of those bugfixes is relevant here. And that tablet (like most off-brand Android devices) never got a firmware update. And there aren't any custom ROMs for it. I could potentially figure out how to do it anyway if I had the device in my hands but this isn't something a layperson could ever hope to pull off.

Further bad news: I can't even be sure you're on 6.0.0 and not 6.0.1 because I'm getting conflicting reports online, and either way I can't tell you if that's even relevant to the problem.

Old Posted 07-02-2018, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
6873 sorry lol
Old Posted 07-03-2018, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4345  
Okay, so it looks like the problem is that this particular tablet has an Intel Atom CPU, which is NOT the ARM-based CPU architecture that most Android devices use. Most Android apps are written entirely in Java code, which works just fine on both CPU types, but Puzzle and Dragons uses some native code extensions that only works on ARM. (It's entirely possible that GungHo is explicitly doing this for the purpose of keeping people from running it on a PC.)

Given this, it's not likely you ran the game on this particular tablet in the past after all.

Old Posted 07-03-2018, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, terrific. I was hoping to pick up this game again, but...I guess not >_<

But at least I know why....that it is but isn't my tablet (since they could mae it work lol)

Old Posted 07-04-2018, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #4347  
I've been playing REALLY casually recently, since I've been really disappointed with the way descended dungeons are going now. I still like the game, but it used to be that descended monsters were still usably good... but then they just started either being unusable monsters only valuable for evo materials, or they're powerful on paper but require completely unplayable or unsynergizable mechanics (e.g. poison orbs), or they're dropped from dungeons that are so hard that if you CAN clear them you don't need the monster to begin with.

But I still enjoy the game itself even if I'm not super happy with the rewards. I like the monthly quest dungeons, for example, but that's not a "play for a couple hours every day" kind of investment like I used to put in. But really I'm okay with that. I actually appreciate that the content is being released at a pace I can meaningfully consume without stressing myself out.

So I was really surprised to see the new starter uvos. I'm VERY impressed with how good they are. Event medals aren't that hard to come by, and Icedragon King Plesios is a significant upgrade as a leader for my water/dragon 5+enhanced team.

I'm also pretty happy with the quality of life improvements and some of the buffs provided to existing monsters. I've got several teams that I really enjoy playing, and each one handles a little differently, and that's fun.

Old Posted 11-09-2018, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
I've casually started to play as well coda. This game doesn't hold my attention much anymore and my pull luck has been getting much worse so I've only done free gem pulls for like a long while. The only time I did paid was when they did the special of 10gem for 7/8* and I did not get yog :c my fiance got him though.

I've been playing Azur Lane and Honkai impact a lot lately xD to the point I have to emulate it on my pc otherwise my phone is dead xD
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #4349  
-only gets on when syaoran or jin tells me something is going on- >w>,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 11-21-2018, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Geez, Superman is a BEAST.

I knew Dark Athena wasn't the absolute top tier character out there, but she's well-rounded -- moderately high and nicely controllable damage output on an easy trigger, good survivability thanks to both HP and RCV boosts, relatively flexible teambuilding options, and solid stats as a unit in her own right. Yeah, her active skill isn't all that amazing since almost everything worth worrying about is immune to status ailments, but it's still got its uses and its cooldown is low enough for assists to be able to come into play.

But my wife pulled Superman, and I knew I needed to pull him, too. I DIDN'T pull him, but I got enough other rare drops to get him from the Monster Exchange.

His personal stats aren't as good as Dark Athena's, and his damage output isn't QUITE as controllable, but beyond that... Same HP and RCV bonuses. Even easier teambuilding options. A more broadly-useful active skill. And instead of just 9x ATK bonus, he hits 16x.

I reworked my Athena-Non team to run Superman as the leader instead. With Athena-Non, that team SHOULD have been stronger than my Dark Athena team, but it always felt clunkier and more limited because of the teambuilding limitations, which left me with an awkward set of active skills. Superman makes a huge difference.

Old Posted 02-17-2019, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #4351  
I've been loving using your Superman for any of my light row leaders. But man Coda, you traded your rare mons for Superman? Not the super strong movie Aquaman?

Old Posted 02-24-2019, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Just a matter of friend synergy. My wife pulled Superman on her first try and both of us have better subs to go under Superman than we do Aquaman. Frankly neither of us have used a team that isn't light or dark in earnest for quite a while. (My water team is fun, but it's not nearly as effective.)

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote