Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default Polaroid iEX29   #1  
So I have the Polaroid iEX29. I have the cord to hook it up to my tablet (micro usb to usb port)....but my RCA....voyager? won't recognize it as plugged in (though the camera screen lights up and has four letters on it which I think means the camera recognizes itself as being plugged into a computer/something that is not a charger). I was wondering what I can do to make it work. Is there an app?

(My laptop died 6 months after being fixed and has been dead for six months....so, yeah, haven't been on much since then, sorry)
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 06-14-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old Posted 06-14-2018, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
You mean you have a USB OTG adapter that lets you plug a USB device into an Android tablet's charging port?

Accessing USB storage isn't a directly supported use case, but it's possible.

Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.anda.otgdisk
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-14-2018, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
Well yes but it crashes immediately...and yeah. Idk if it is my tablet or if the software hates me or what.

Technically it isn't the charger port (mine has that and a micro usb port, which can also charge it...Idk why they have two?)

Got keyboard working again yay

Edit: I did test the cables and they do work with my flash/usb drives....at least enough to show the files on it, but there's one less cord.
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 06-14-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Old Posted 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's probably the tablet. No offense intended to you, but RCA's tablets are garbage. It's yet another example of a cheapo manufacturer buying the rights to a well-known brand name and using it to promote products that are just trash.

It could be that your phone isn't using USB Mass Storage for its interface. Cameras often support PTP or MTP instead, and Android devices are perfectly capable of presenting themselves as those kinds of cameras when connected to a computer. Unfortunately, I'm not having a very good time finding any apps that can communicate with USB PTP/MTP devices. On the other hand, this seems sort of unlikely anyway -- I assume that in the past when you connected the camera to your computer it showed up just like a USB flash drive?

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-15-2018, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
My laptop died before I got this camera .-. So Idk.

I couldn't afford a better tablet...so many have the same price as a cheap laptop D:

(But now I know the camera is essentially useless for me .-.)
Old Posted 06-15-2018, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
The camera can use SD cards, and so can your tablet, so that's one way to move pictures from point A to point B.

Old Posted 06-15-2018, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote