Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3521  
Oh, no thank you. It's just...complicated. But I appreciate the thought.
Old Posted 10-07-2020, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Oh, no thank you. It's just...complicated. But I appreciate the thought.
If there are any churches in your area, try talking to them. If they don't have a doctor who would be willing to take a charity case (where I live, there are many generous people who volunteer their services through churches), then they may have pamphlets, resources, or contacts with information that can help you. Have you tried getting Medicaid?

Also, hi Trisphites. Long time, no talk.
HEEEEEEEEEE-MAAAAAAAN... SUCK MY BOOOOOOOOOONE!

THE PIZZA, HE-MAN! EAT IT!
Old Posted 10-20-2020, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3523  
Me: Xmas ain't til December, it's still Autumn!!
Also me: *plays around with snowy backdrops on trisphee* .u.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-09-2020, 10:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*facepalm*
Ugh. The usual front desk person forgot to call our volunteer to tell him to not come in and he loves to talk and talk and talk and there's no one around to stop him and he gets really dark and creepy sometimes.
Someone save me please.
Old Posted 11-10-2020, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3525  
>Tries logging into Mihoyo account
>Doesn't have one
>APPARENTLY PPL WHO PLAY GENSHIN IMPACT ON PS4 DON'T GET AN ACCOUNT

so I'm making one for PC ;-;

Old Posted 11-11-2020, 02:03 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Yeah Sony accounts are exclusive to PS4 sadly
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 11-12-2020, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3527  
Well, I had better luck with pulling a character I wanted on PC, so there's that. XD

---------------------------------------

It's Friday the 13th. :0 And it's going pretty average, mainly a good day at least. <3 Hope everyone else's day is good. (And be kind to black cats) <3

Old Posted 11-14-2020, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
I feel that. I wanted KeQueen and everyone in my friend group except me got her :( then I wanted to make my noelle stronger. Did a bajillion pulls and no noelle T-T
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 11-14-2020, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3529  
So I found out you can redeem promo codes in the PS4 version if you go to settings and stuff. Welp. D: Thought you could only do that on the website and needed an account hence why I signed up and downloaded the game on PC.

Ah well.

Old Posted 11-14-2020, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Getting really tempted to just up and quit my one job.

Boss: (BEFORE I'VE EVEN SIGNED IN AT WORK, MIND YOU) "Um, if you could take care of (insert task I was already going to be taking care of), that would be great thanks."
And last week she left a note basically tellong me to do my job. As in...literally everything on her list was stuff I do EVERY SINGLE DAY, but because a couple flies died on yhe windowsill in one of the bathrooms overnight and I didn't psychically know and come in in the middle of the night to take care of it, she automatically just assumes that I don't know how to do my job.
XP
If I didn't need this job to make rent, I swear.
(Or if I could find a non-retail and non-fast food job that would hire someone with no experience and no degree, I'd be out of here so fast.
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3531  
i get that, Kaderin. my retail job is ... well, if these were normal times, the staffing would be good. but these aren't normal times, all of November is Black Friday, there's still a pandemic happening, and with the number of customers in the store it's like there really isn't... so we're understaffed. and it's frustrating.

i also requested off for Black Friday (I've worked every Black Friday since 2010) so i could get an oil change and routine maintenance for my car. my Acting Manager text and asks if i can come in before the appt - which is at 11 - can i come in like from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.? no, i can't come in that early, my availability starts at 9 a.m. no, i can't come in after, because i don't know how long the whole thing is going to take - so that's why i requested off. yeesh.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Funny thing is.. I don't have an issue with my retail job. It's been fine.
It's the museum that's really getting to me.
Ngl, it's tempting to take 2 weeks of vacation and then on the first day of vacation just submit my 2 weeks notice. But that's a super shitty/petty thing to do and I'm not *quite* to that level of fed-up yet.

Also, that's annoying. Hope you manage to get the day off without too much more hassle. XP
I totally get the understaffing. We're attempting to hire people which, annoyingly, means I get to attempt to train new people while we have a line of 6+ people waiting to be checked out and no one to help.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-16-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3533  
ugh {{hugs}}

but yeah, that'd be a fun way to leave that job.

see, we've hired lots of new people, i've even trained a few recently. but the Acting Manager hasn't texted me back yet, so that's hopeful. and the schedule should be out by wednesday (two days from now), so hopefully she'll respect the approved day off :D

the understaffing is ridiculous though. the manager that hired me said it gets busy on weekends on months that end in "-ber" - September, October, November, December... yeah. we need to have 5 people in the store working who can also run registers on fridays and saturdays by 10 a.m. i love when the managers tell me to get these other things done.... and then i get customers, so i can't even vacuum the rugs by the doors - too many customers already. XD

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean....I've apparently got several months worth of "back paid" vacation (even though, as my job is part time, I still don't know how they determined I should have earned ANY vacation time) so I could definitely save a couple week's worth just in case... >.>

Am definitely putting in today to use some of it to take the week after Thanksgiving off. I can't get it off from JoAnn too, but having a lighter work week will help my mental health a little bit anyway and I'd get 3 whole days off that week.
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3535  
mental health days are important too! it's why i kept election day as an off day :D

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I have a weird relationship with the idea of taking "mental health days". My family was pretty religious growing up, not "jesus will heal all wounds, we don't need modern medicine" fanatic levels, but more the "quietly judging and hating homosexuals/Lgbtq+ people and believing that depression isn't real and if you have jesus in your heart then you have nothing to be depressed about" type and if you're "taking a day off for your mental health", it just means you're lazy. XP
So it's taking a while for me to accept that sometimes self care is just sleeping all day and that it's okay to take time off for mental health.
Like...I almost never take days off still, even having vacation time but at least I recognize that I need the time off? I'm getting there. I did take a couple days off in October actually.
Old Posted 11-16-2020, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote