Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default Toho's Secret Project: New Shops!   #1  
http://trisphee.com/shops/

I've been working on an OMG SEEKRET project for, oh, I guess a month now. It's still in progress and definitely not done, but it is actually usable now, so I've decided (on consultation with Galla) that it is time to make this "Open Beta"!

Trisphee Shops have been old and ugly for a long time. It's sad. We have so many wonderful items, but it's always been rather hard to go through them. (100 pages in a shop? no thank you!)

No more!
  • The new shops now group items by what they are, so that you can choose between which color set you want to buy. Much easier to sort through!

• Item display is thoroughly updated, with bigger areas for seeing the poses, plus an actual clarity of what types of poses they are.

• Previews are much improved, allowing you to view the object alone, on your current avatar, on your naked avatar, or on a mannequin.

• There is a new option to buy all the color versions of an item at once, in case you just cant' decide, or are like a Pokemon Trainer of avatar items.

• The shops use a new navigation logic, with stylish new appearances.

Well.

I'd like to call it stylish new appearances. I am many things, but a graphics designer I am not. The main thing that is incomplete about the shops right now is the appearance. There is a huge amount of refinement and alteration that still needs to be done to make this whole thing look like a brand new, beautiful item shop for all to go through. Some art assets are missing (like shop buttons and shop headers unique to the specific shops), and links for things like buying are still just links, not pretty buttons.

Much will still change about the shops appearances, but the overall structure should remain the same, and the functionality is all present.

Hopefully everyone can agree with my opinion that these new shops, incomplete as they are, are much better than the old shops.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions for improvements, or other things to express about the new shops, please do not hesitate to do so! I'll be making periodic updates to the shops (probably once a day), and I will say what I've changed in this thread.

http://trisphee.com/shops/

Changelog!
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
*teary eyes*

IT'S SO MUCH CLEANER!

Now the tabs just need to be beautified a bit more (may I suggest making logos for each store.)

And for the buy all colors button, show how much that would all cost. <-- The only real thing that needs to be done right away.

Old Posted 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #3  
Yes, I will definitely have a price listed for Buy All soon.

As for logos...I want the buttons in the menu to have shop logos, as well as the big, very plain, header. A bigger, fancier one.

Of course, my art skills are limited (I do have them), so it may be a while before we have actual shop logos and headers, as I mentioned in the first post. :)
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
... *HUGS TOHO* Oh goodness, it's so tidy! This makes things SO much easier!
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #5  
...I didn't know about so many items (Adam, Fractured Fairy Tale. Anka Tee)
This is by far more manageable ^^
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I, too, had no idea about several of them. I never wanted to page through 100 pages of Body Shop to know. :P Kinda a bad thing to admit for me, but, there ya go.

Also, A big thank you goes out to Galla, who actually took the time to sort the items. I did the Salon, and that took a long while...She did the rest, rather quickly, and it was amazing.
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #7  
Yeah, I want to say I got it done in... 2 days or something? I don't know, you'd have to ask someone that actually watches me work, lol. Definitely one of my favorite repetitive tasks to date.

Old Posted 11-15-2015, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist

I made store logos if you want them.

All but yearly store, but I heard you guys wanted to combine the yearly store with Archaic Antiquities. (Which makes sense in the long run. >.>)

I made the logos in the smallish medium range in case they needed to be scaled down.

edit: This was very minimal effort to do. If you want something remade/tweaked I can do it.

Last edited by Illusion; 11-15-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Those are... actually pretty good.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Ahhh, they're so much easier to look through now!! owo So many things I never even knew existed!!
Old Posted 11-15-2015, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

All but yearly store, but I heard you guys wanted to combine the yearly store with Archaic Antiquities. (Which makes sense in the long run. >.>)

I made the logos in the smallish medium range in case they needed to be scaled down.

edit: This was very minimal effort to do. If you want something remade/tweaked I can do it.
Cool, thank you. :) These will do for now, although something slightly fancier may be in order eventually.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Cool, thank you. :) These will do for now, although something slightly fancier may be in order eventually.
I can send you guys the .psd file if you want them.

Old Posted 11-16-2015, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

I was going to make a comment that the Menu of the shops, although much better on the eyes, just seems way too plain and boring. If those images were exchanged for these, that would be so much better and more RPG-like.

Also, clicking on the store... I'm not a fan of the arrangement there. I loathe small icons, especially bunched together like that... However, I love the "dressing room" style when you click on one of the items. Good job, guys.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Also, maybe a suggestion? >->

How about grouping colors together on a 1-click for the previews to reduce cluttering?

My DeviantART
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #15  
Bug: I can't currently purchase any "special" commons such as Sukeban Jacket, Cut Open Shirt, or London Jacked Dress. All of these types of items say "Invalid item specified" when trying to buy them. I believe it's because I'm not selecting a specific version of the item, as I can purchase ones with variations (Dark/Light HDE Lolita Garter Belts, for example) just fine.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Same, I just assumed cause I thought that page was a test-forum/shop spot so it wasn't exactly "active". >->

But now I see the "Open Beta" comment. ._.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote