Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #161  
...aaaand forgot to write down my schedule for tomorrow. Need to call in the am to find out what time in the pm they'll need me in. XP
Old Posted 12-05-2018, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Pretty sure there is a cleaning rag stuck in the hall cleaning closet sink, but I don't really wanna reach in there because the gross almost black dirt crap that is coming back up is legit like something you'd see in a horror movie and I don't wanna die.
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #163  
Me after this week and it's not even over yet:

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-06-2018, 06:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I keep mentally giggling about the couple who came into Joann a week or two ago and did't know how fabric stores work...
Old Posted 12-09-2018, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #165  
Lol. Everyone trying to talk me into going to the staff Christmas party and participating in the gift exchange, but I might not work there by the time that all rolls around.
XD
Old Posted 12-11-2018, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Someone's being nitpicky about something I'm selling and it drove me insane. They finally stated they weren't interested. Bye Felicia. >:V

Someone else wants it though so hopefully they're nicer about it. :/

Old Posted 12-11-2018, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #167  
Aaaaugh, I hate it when that happens. >_< Worst kind of client ever!
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-11-2018, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
So I get that I'm a qualified candidate and lots of companies see my LinkedIn profile and stuff and want to hire me. LinkedIn doesn't offer any functionality to label yourself as "not interested" preemptively, so I just reject them as they come up.

But this one I just received... THIS one... this one's almost an insult.

Somehow, a recruiter came across my resume, saw that I'm a tenured database professional, and thought, "I know! This guy's a perfect fit for the data entry role we need to fill!"

... x.x
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-12-2018, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #169  
They were being especially picky on the prices I set. Dx Acting like I was charging too much when I was being quite fair on the price. >_>

Old Posted 12-12-2018, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
People like that are the worst. Don't like the price? Well then buy the supplies and make it yourself or shut up and find a different seller.
(Out of curiosity, what were/are you selling?)
Old Posted 12-13-2018, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #171  
SHUT UP ABOUT MY ASSUMED DIET, CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK! JUST BECAUSE THE HEALTHIEST FOOD YOU OFFER THAT I CAN EAT ARE JALAPENO POPPERS AND I HAVE NOTHING AT HOME SO I HAVE TO BUY THEM FOR DINNER BECAUSE THE GROCERY STORE CLOSED 30 MINUTES AGO DOES NOT MEAN THAT I EAT LIKE THAT ON A REGULAR BASIS!
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-13-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Old Posted 12-13-2018, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
@KittyBeary
Some people just don't grasp the concept of handmade. All my crafty friends know stories like the dude who wants a handknitted blanket for his sick girlfriend - done in two days maximum, and for no more than 20 bucks (because, you know, he can get a $15 blanket at the supermarket and now thinks he's being generous when offering a whole five more). I'll keep my fingers crossed your next customer will be better.
Old Posted 12-13-2018, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #173  
Lol. So every time I hear about someone complaining about prices, I think about that story/conversation.
Tbh, I've been on both sides. Before I really got into a lot of crafts, I'd look at hand dyed yarns or crocheted gloves and think "$30 for that? No way! That's too much!" But then I started actually dying yarns and making stuff with yarn and realized that it actually is very common for crafts and hand-made items to be very much underpriced, even at the prices that initially sound like a lot. So when people get upset about prices being what they think is too much, I can understand why they think that way. They just don't understand (and sometimes refuse to understand because they just want so be cheap) why we have to charge what we do. On occasion, you can actually make explain and have the person understand, but a lot of the time, unless they've done craft stuff before, they just don't get it.
Old Posted 12-13-2018, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Ahh, it's not exactly handmade. It's a cosplay I got a few years back that I don't quite wear anymore, so I'm selling it. ._." But even if it was handmade and someone was complaining about prices I'd also be mad. >_<

Old Posted 12-13-2018, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #175  
Ohhhhh.....that makes sense.
But was it like a pre-made cosplay set or individual components that you bought and put together, because that can get pricy tio. Especially for mid-to-high quality pieces. (And I have seen some of your cosplays and they're really awesome so....)
Old Posted 12-13-2018, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
i'm having a mini-crisis because of my apparent gender and my obvious whiteness https://twitter.com/DEAGrantDraws/st...91663283257344
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 04:26 AM Reply With Quote