Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #33  
I suck at crosswords but it sounds fun coda =D maybe.. add some sudoku? ^^,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That kind of thing is already under discussion; this was just step one. We haven't decided how we want to deal with the rest.

Edit: Sudoku I've already done once. *rummage* Let me find the link.

Edit 2: http://greenmaw.com/webgames/sudoku.html
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Diablesse View Post
Ooo I have an idea...

Why not have a limited number of games threads and lock the forum for thread creation but not posting... if that's possible.

Lt the staff decide which threads are appropriate. IMO, threads like "Ask a question and get an answer" and "corrupt a wish". Are interesting because you can have convos and interesting stories stemming from them.

The counting threads and the A-Z threads are getting annoying and really we dont need MULTIPLES of those kinds of threads. Maybe just one of each to appease the masses.
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.
I enjoy the A-Z threads that make sense... like People, Places, Movies/TV Shows, and Foods.... but the pokemon one... no -_-

Well so far Coda, I've been rather impressed with the site as a whole. I was wondering though if we were going to be able to choose the color scheme for ourselves for the forum... i just don't like the sea green look @_@
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

filtering the game threads might prove to be useful o.O i'd love to just see the ones with fun/odd conversations in them or at least the A-Z that are not harry potter or something..

edit: kano why do you keep taking my post D<

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
That kind of thing is already under discussion; this was just step one. We haven't decided how we want to deal with the rest.

CODA I LOVE YOU! *plays* xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post

I love Sudoku...

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #39  
We actually do have crosswords and Sudoku in the 10,000 Cat Paws Charity. usually. We've been taking a break from that to do our banner contest, but we can start putting them up again. that way everyone can come to our charity thread to stimulate their brain activity, and the games thread will no longer be needed, right? ;D

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
But it should be in the game thread... not tied to a charity... speaking of which... haven't you guys noticed that 99% of the charities are more like contests and not charities... xD
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #41  

I dunno i suck at crosswords ^^; though i might go back to stalking charities.. thats what i used to do on another site xD i never went for the items it's more of where new users flock at times an normally someones there

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Coda is sex... but the difficulty... soooooo higggghh D8

Ooooo if we can have a live chat room of sorts with a "game bot" we CAN combine the A-Z threads into ONE.

In my country, we play a game called "Boy, Girl, Animal, Place, thing"

The leader calls a letter and everyone playing has to fill out the categories with something that starts with that letter. The leader does it too.

When the leader is finished, EVERYONE has to stop and put down their pens, whether finished or not and compare answers.

10 pts for a unique word
5 pts if 2 people have the same word
0 pts if more than 2 people have the same word or no word written

it goes on til every player has a turn being the leader. The one with the most points wins!!!

The Mule of The Duchess
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #43  
I haven't looked at a lot of the charities, but 10,000 Cat Paws is more like a charity where you get a donation when you deserve it. it's not necessarily about being lucky in a contest, but just about working for it. it's a more fair charity that way.

and why does it matter where the crosswords or sudoku is? if it's in a charity you earn more for it than if it's just a game to pass the time, anyway? ;D

I wasn't being completely serious when I said that our two games could take the place of the games thread. but if anyone's going to claim to have brain-stimulating activity, it's not going to be the games thread.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
I guess... I think the question was resolved here... so maybe this thread should be locked eh?
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #45  
I'm strongly against the idea that a thread should be locked just because the initial question was answered. If the thread's purpose is served, it'll bury itself on page 2; if the thread is still serving a purpose, it'll keep itself alive.

Edit: >.> And leave the thread title something useful so people who are looking for the same answer can find it!
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Ok here's my feedback on this...

1. GREAT IDEA! To cut the amount will help balance out the system, making aurum is far to easy because of the forum. But only 2 aurum from a simple post!? Why not cut the amount by at least 25%?

2. The thing that makes this not help out the balance out the system is that you can make more aurum anywhere else. So there will be more spam for gold, and the prices in the market won't change (there might be a small drop, but the prices are very right now as it is.) So it will encourage people to either spam or actualy get into a conversation.

3. I enjoy it as it is, I asked for the game forum (Wasn't I the first person to ask for it?) Well I asked for the game forum just for this reason so its much more easier to get aurum.

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #47  

my bad then Coda ^^; used to sites just locking a thread after it had it's basic use

Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I know, it's pretty common, and it annoys the mess out of me. :P

@Illusion: We're not trying to rebalance the economy; it seems pretty healthy right now. But if you want to earn aurum, there's ways to do it besides participating in counting to a million.
Old Posted 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote