Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Omniscient
Default Locking up   #1  
For one, I've been trying to get onto here for a long time. >_<
Everytime I do my computer locks up now. Ever since that front page change and such it's been doing that.
This was my third attempt to try and post this problem.

Internet browser, IE

I never had that problem before untill now. And it isn't my computer, as with every single other site I've tried works perfectly. This one just locks it up so I have to restart it.

Like now, I had to retype this three times.
Old Posted 09-05-2010, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
What version of IE are you using? I believe Coda said there were issues with IE6, as he wasn't able to find a computer to test on it with.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 09-05-2010, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Mini Min
Default   #3  
I bieleve its the internet explorer >>; i use chrome and havent had any problems whatsoever.
Have u tired downloading a newer browser?
Here be Rules

Chi loves Fictions. D8 <3
Old Posted 09-05-2010, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Master Wolf
I have Firefox latest version and sometimes it does it by itself.
Log me out after like 5 minutes or something, but it doesn't happen all the time.
Old Posted 09-05-2010, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
I need more information about the issue in order to track it down. What, more specifically, is happening? What, specifically, are you trying to do when it doesn't work? What page are you on? (A copy of the link would be great.) What version of Internet Explorer do you have? (Help -> About, be as specific as you can.)

As everyone else has said, any browser other than IE will do better on most of the Internet. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari can all handle everything here without batting an eye. I try to keep IE behaving, but my computer's pretty fast so it doesn't have problems.

Edit: Getting logged out is a different issue; delete your cookies (only the ones for Trisphee if you know how to do that) and that'll clear up.
Old Posted 09-05-2010, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen

Why not give Google Chrome an chance, sir? XD

Old Posted 09-05-2010, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Omniscient
Default   #7  
~Sei
IE6 I believe I cannot say for sure, this is my father's computer.

~Fictions
It being my father's computer I can't have a new browser. >_<

~Coda
It started when I tried to make a trade with someone to see if it worked. Since then, go to the home page and I try to click on any link my computer will just stop working. >_< Then I have to either close everything and try again later, or the computer locks up completely and I start it again. There isn't much I can say more then that. >_<

~Logan
Father's computer, can't. >_<
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Red-aholic
@Zexion: Can you upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer? Still the same program, just the newer version is MUCH more stable than IE6. IE6 can't handle any avatar site I know xD
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #9  

Well you cant do anything much with IE6 here... >->;
Just ask dad to check Google Chrome and give it
a try since he will be impressed with GC <3

Old Posted 09-08-2010, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well now THAT'S strange... I swear this worked when I coded it. *laugh* It's locking up my Internet Explorer too. This is gonna be tough to debug... *digs in*
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
:(

Seriously, not easy to debug.

It seems my alternatives are to have IE users stuck out of the shops, or have IE users deal with a less-attractive display. It's not TERRIBLE but it doesn't have the same "pop" that it used to have. *sigh*

I can at least fake the gradients in the tabs, which will help, but the drop shadows and rounded corners aren't going to survive.

Internet Explorer 9, hurry the heck up; I'm sick of dealing with your older brothers.
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen

Eh why cant Tripshee only compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome for good? XD

Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
Because it works just fine in Safari, Konqueror, Flock, and Opera too. :P (And more, but those are the ones I know of for sure.) In fact the tweaks I just added to make IE look at least not quite so flat will also make Opera look as good as the other browsers.
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
because we don't want to exclude users who can't download FF or chrome or other browsers. if I'm using a computer that doesn't belong to me and I want to visit Trisphee, but the computer only has IE on it, I don't want to be locked out. >:C

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #15  

Yeah but why not use best internet service
for good quality of Trisphee, yeah?

@Coda; never heard of F-word and K-word services... i am sure
most of us never heard of it or use it... o_o; Opera is rarely used also.

Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Flock is a Firefox variant (it's actually fairly popular) and Konqueror is what Safari is based on. Opera's big enough to at least show up on the charts, and I don't have to TRY to support it for the most part because it doesn't suck. I could also list Arora (a browser I helped work on a little bit) but that's starting to get too obscure. :P

Anyway. Internet Explorer is hopefully behaving. It's not as shiny as it used to be but it's as good as I think I can make it for the time being.
Old Posted 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote