Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Black Mistress of Purple
Default Avatar Loading Lagtime   #1  
Is getting quite annoying. Happens everytime I try to change my avatar. Today has been the worst that it has been. I heard that people using the Trade System lags out the usage of the Avatar and if that's the case, then that's just so bizare. Is there a way you guys can fix this? Because I'm not really thrilled to be waiting 5 minutes for one item to load up so I can try to dress my avatar again which at 5 minutes per item loading, I normally dress my avatar in like 5-10 items and hell, takes me around half an hour just to do one dressing on one of my patient days.

Edit
Okay, I give up. Been trying to change my avatar for the past 30 minutes... Got 3 items on it and the fourth is just taking way too long. I'm not going to be spending an hour just to dress an avatar.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Last edited by Obsidian; 11-01-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Posted 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master
I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem with inventory lag. I hope it can be fixed soon.
Old Posted 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Yes, the trade lags are tied to the avi lag, and also how many people are trading at that point. Usually I try to avoid changing my avi in peak hours. Yesterday's spike might have been because of the new DIs.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
It's not actually bizarre, the trading needs to load the persons inventory, so does the avatar editor, so when either are being used alot at the same time they lag.

They are trying to fix this, but it is taking a bit of time.

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #5  
The coding team is working on a way to cool down the lag for both the Avatar System and the Trade System.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Other side of the coin, the larger your invo, the more that has to be loaded, so the longer it takes.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 10:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #7  
I see.

Thank you all for the responses.
The reason why I said it was so bizarre was because I've never been part of a site to which the Avatar and Trade systems are closely link that one lags over the other.
I mean, I understand the entire lag-time of multiple users due to the new items, but overall? Well, I hope this gets fixed soon else I may just stick to this avatar indefinitely until it is fixed. >.>
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
It isn't that bad in the mornings and around lunch but in the evenings it is pretty bad with new items and such.. along with whatever else Tris shares server space with.
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
I see.

Thank you all for the responses.
The reason why I said it was so bizarre was because I've never been part of a site to which the Avatar and Trade systems are closely link that one lags over the other.
I mean, I understand the entire lag-time of multiple users due to the new items, but overall? Well, I hope this gets fixed soon else I may just stick to this avatar indefinitely until it is fixed. >.>
It's more that the avatar system and the trade system both link into the inventory system, and we're saddled with some bad decisions by the coder before me that can't be fixed without bringing Trisphee down for a day or two some time. This is something we know we have to do, but we're trying to do everything else we can before that happens.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
To be honest, I'd rather have the permanent fix sooner, especially if the site has to go down either way.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #11  
I'm with Lucid on this. It may suck for that time frame, but the fix to the frame versus patch jobs would likely be better in the long run.....especially with it starting to affect more and more users.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Toho and I are WORKING on the permanent fix, but it's got a metric ton of work that has to go into it because we're basically going to end up rewriting most of Trisphee's non-forum code. @.@
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #13  
Wow, that's a ton of work. Best of luck, you two. **gives some snacks**

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
... I think we kind of ment work on the solution and if something goes a little bit wrong dont patch it.
Work towards building the new Dam than trying to patch the broken Dam mindset.
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #15  
Hot Tea and some Snacks for the workers ouo

Tiva they are doing that xD it requires rewriting the code

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I know, but even the quick fixes detract from finishing the final solution.... We need to put Coda and Toho in a box so they can't see what is happening. (Is slightly joking with this idea)
Old Posted 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote